Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1712
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    if JDG is at the game tonight, 10+ more pages to this thread by this time tomorrow.
    10+ pages of nonsense
    sigh
    and i will read every page

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if JDG is at the game tonight, 10+ more pages to this thread by this time tomorrow.
    I will have my camera focused on the MLSE box......
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the footy blog
    Just an update on the Julian De Guzman situation. TFC expect to know his answer by Monday, although as we all know, at this point the club will wait as long as it needs. Julian is still weighing his options, and has certainly not ruled out the move to Toronto yet.
    One interesting point. Originally MLS had an issue with the proposed deal, but the club was able to convince the league it should approve it if finalized. MLS want name brands as DP's, and were concerned that De Guzman did not fit the bill, especially as he would become the second highest paid player in the league, behind you know who! TFC argued that as a Canadian superstar, De Guzman did fit the bill in this market, and given that he would not take up an international roster spot, he would be a very important signing for Toronto. Apparently, it didn't take much convincing.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's Jack? He should have info...
    Bite me.

I was there - Montreal 18/6/09 - 6-1 baby!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeez, thanks a lot Nodoubtguy, now my hopes are starting to rise again. :d

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

de Guzman just called me. he said, sorry, hang on, there's the phone again.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS is a bunch of tools! JDG is da man....he shuts down La Liga attacks for crying out loud!
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    MLS is a bunch of tools! JDG is da man....he shuts down La Liga attacks for crying out loud!
    ask average american what is la liga, then compile a list of different answers, that'll become as thick as a phone book...
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will have my camera focused on the MLSE box......
    i loook forward to your pics
    c'mon you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did MLS ask the same questions when DC signed Marcelo Gallardo as a DP?
    I doubt anybody in the US knew who he was either.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i swear JDG is worst than a woman when it comes to making a decision
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    i swear JDG is worst than a woman when it comes to making a decision

its the filipino in him truuuuuust me.
    c'mon you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its the filipino in him truuuuuust me.
    he works on FST.. Filipino Standard Time. we need to trick him into believing the transfer window closes a month earlier, so that he will make his decision before it actually does close.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmmikey View Post
    he works on FST.. Filipino Standard Time. we need to trick him into believing the transfer window closes a month earlier, so that he will make his decision before it actually does close.
    Add in his Jamaican as well and you have a recipe for a long drawn out process....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he better make a decision soon. it also takes a while to get his international transfer certificate and hoopla through MLS paperwork
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add in his Jamaican as well and you have a recipe for a long drawn out process....
    lol i only married into the filipino community.. my license for cultural stereotyping is only valid in asia.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i only married into the filipino community.. my license for cultural stereotyping is only valid in asia.
    Well I am of Guyanese ethnicity and from experience....West Indians take forever to decide and do anything. Everything I do is on Island Time.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he better make a decision soon. it also takes a while to get his international transfer certificate and hoopla through MLS paperwork
    i honestly don't think he is at all concerned about that. im more and more convinced with each passing day that this is just a leverage situation. my guess is the best chance of signing with TFC now is if the european clubs pull out their contract offers because they came to terms with other targets.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bet his family is confusing him into signing a 3 year deal with The Filipino Channel, and not the Toronto Football Club

thats the hold up.
    c'mon you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he is waiting until Monday to decide, then it does not look likely that he will be playing our most important away game in Puerto Rico on Wednesday July 29. If I were TFC I'd try to get him to decide by Friday as it would be nice for him to get some training in and play in that game for us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is out of contract so there should be no transfer papers, and it looks like MLS has already approved the deal in principal. I think the only reason he should hurry is because I want him to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck him.
    No reason it should take more than a day or two to decide. He's just hoping he'll get more action from European teams.
    If he wants to go there that bad then I don't want him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sampace View Post
    If he is waiting until Monday to decide, then it does not look likely that he will be playing our most important away game in Puerto Rico on Wednesday July 29. If I were TFC I'd try to get him to decide by Friday as it would be nice for him to get some training in and play in that game for us!
    July 29th is the home leg. August 4th is the away game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Fuck him.
    No reason it should take more than a day or two to decide. He's just hoping he'll get more action from European teams.
    If he wants to go there that bad then I don't want him.
    Tell us how you really feel..... This is his life you realize.....I'd like to see you make up your mind that fast when the money mentioned is thrown your way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell us how you really feel..... This is his life you realize.....I'd like to see you make up your mind that fast when the money mentioned is thrown your way.

true...... agree with you bro!

I believe he has to know by now....its just a matter of an offical announcement.....tweaking of the contract....legal issues....opt out clauses...ect..ect..ect.. IF JDG can leave when ever his chooses if he chooses....he would of signed by now.....i would think MLS would have issues with that ( and i dont blame them)...and thats the HOLD up!

Patience! ALL!
    Last edited by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB; 07-22-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its money, its not life or death. Unless he has the IQ of a tree than it shouldn't take a month.
    Besides with the out clause he'll probley jump ship for the first european team who makes him a half decent offer.
    Add to that the problems which might arise from money envy and players needing to be shipped out.
    Not to mention the massive primium we seem to be willing to pay for a "hometown boy".
    He's just a defence mid, he ain't worth it.
    Last edited by Stryker; 07-22-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and you have to remember the Spanish taught the Filipinos about Spanish time... lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an update on the Julian De Guzman situation. TFC expect to know his answer by Monday, although as we all know, at this point the club will wait as long as it needs. Julian is still weighing his options, and has certainly not ruled out the move to Toronto yet.
    One interesting point. Originally MLS had an issue with the proposed deal, but the club was able to convince the league it should approve it if finalized. MLS want name brands as DP's, and were concerned that De Guzman did not fit the bill, especially as he would become the second highest paid player in the league, behind you know who! TFC argued that as a Canadian superstar, De Guzman did fit the bill in this market, and given that he would not take up an international roster spot, he would be a very important signing for Toronto. Apparently, it didn't take much convincing.
    Yeah, won't end up as beneficial to the leage as the Beckham experiment.

A guy coming from a top level league, still in his prime, who would actually put his heart into his performances. Don't want that sort of guy in the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not going to hate on a guy just cause he doesn't snuggle up to a tfc jersey every night dreaming of the chance to sign.

we are a lower league and so this is what we have to deal with. one day it will be different. this is no different then what many fans in europe go through every year, this is just the closest to home it has ever felt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is if the deal is done... (which is still doubtful), MLSE'd be smart to wait at least until tomorrow morning so as not to take any thunder away from Gerba and White starting tonight?? Just a thought for what it's worth.

Thank F'n God Tonight's not another DRY GAME!!!! WOO HOO!!!!