Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was the last four pages some sort of absurdist drama?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro118 View Post
    Was the last four pages some sort of absurdist drama?

Isn't this whole section some sort of absurdist drama?

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is 48 pages????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Lord!

What are you people possibly talking about????

I'm going to the bathroom... call me when something official is announced...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Where did he say this? I'm at the Footy Blog website, but I don't see anything about it.

- Scott
    twitter

http://twitter.com/KristianJack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is Kristian Jack and how viable are his facts. If they are legit we should here something by 10am tomorrow

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Who is Kristian Jack and how viable are his facts. If they are legit we should here something by 10am tomorrow

http://my.thescore.com/members/Krist...k/default.aspx
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I believe KJ. I wouldn't be surprised if he got it from the mouth of JDG himself. Or if not him, definitely his agent.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, okay ... so I wonder what he'll decide to do with his future.

Note to sports journalists in Toronto: did Mo Johnston invite you for a presser tomorrow by chance? If so, then JDG is coming to TO. If not, then, well, he probably won't be coming to Toronto.

Or not. Who the hell knows.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again from Kristian Jack's twitter:

I think Julian De Guzman will tell Toronto FC in the next 24hours: "thanks but no thanks."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn the De Guzmans and their drama (and ultimately letting us down in the end)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    Again from Kristian Jack's twitter:

I think Julian De Guzman will tell Toronto FC in the next 24hours: "thanks but no thanks."
    Well, that would just be disrespectful then. You don't want to come, just say it. Don't drag it on longer than it already has - and seriously, it's dragged on well beyond reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, he must be really labouring about this. My guess is also that he turns us down, but I'm holding out hope.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not nice if that is the case.... and a bit weird of KJ to post that on his Twitter
    Bite me.

I was there - Montreal 18/6/09 - 6-1 baby!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Mo makes it clear to him that while we would probably take him in with open arms a few years from now, it definitely won't be at anywhere near the coin we are offering for him now.

I'm willing to overpay for an insanely talented Canadian footy hero at the tail end of his prime. I'm not in favour of overpaying for a Canadian footy hero who is clearly past his prime.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that if De Guzman is a "principled" person and he is hesitant in signing for MLS because he thinks it is a step back, then he should not sell out his principles, and just say no to the Money. "No thank you TFC or MLS, I think Europe is the cat's meow and even though they are offering me a minimum Europe Salary I am going there because the soccer/football is so much more exciting." Otherwise, at this stage it just looks like he sold out coming here. You either want to play in Toronto/MLS or you don't. The money is there, so this is not rocket scientist Julien!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When he rejects us, I just hope he apologizes for keeping us waiting and says that it took a lot of consideration (even if he's lying), otherwise I'm going to lose some respect for this dude because the club has spent a lot of time and effort on him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    When he rejects us, I just hope he apologizes for keeping us waiting and says that it took a lot of consideration (even if he's lying), otherwise I'm going to lose some respect for this dude because the club has spent a lot of time and effort on him.
    I don't think he owes anyone an apology...big decision...transfer window was only open on the 15th....and he was concentrating on the gold cup with Canada. His priorities are in check......taking a couple of days off after a tough loss to regroup and then giving his decision in my opinion is right on schedule.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I'll be disappointed if he passes up on us I'll still wish him all the best, and actually thank him for even considering us at this point in his career. I always felt it was a long shot, and even though it would have been a wonderful thing to see JDG sporting a TFC jersey I still can't help but feel that this is not the best move for our team right now. A DP striker would have a great impact. So hopefully now if JDG moves back to Europe we can focus our attention on signing the much needed DP striker. We already know the money is there, so it's just a matter of proper scouting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reality is that JDG doesn't owe anything to any of us. MoJo agreed to give him the time he requested to consider the offer. He is merely being prudent at a critical juncture in his career. I would not begrudge him at all if he chose to return to Europe...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    I don't think he owes anyone an apology...big decision...transfer window was only open on the 15th....and he was concentrating on the gold cup with Canada. His priorities are in check......taking a couple of days off after a tough loss to regroup and then giving his decision in my opinion is right on schedule.
    +1

The only reason this has dragged out forever, is because there were rumours for weeks. There wasn't a confirmed offer until fairly recently.

I'll be hugely disappointed if he says no, but I will understand it. Like I said though - if he does say no, I hope he understands that TFC aren't likely to be offering him this kind of money when he inevitably decides he's old and decrepit enough to come to MLS.

- Scott

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1

The only reason this has dragged out forever, is because there were rumours for weeks. There wasn't a confirmed offer until fairly recently.

- Scott
    Right- I blame this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBlood113 View Post
    I very high up there source that my buddy knows said that Julian will be signing with TFC in 2 weeks as our DP. This does sound fuckin crazy but this guy has been right about the real madrid friendly and the fact that grass was being put in 2months ago, so i do got my hopes up for this.

im not one to buy into this bullshit normally but this got my hopes up. He also said this was ricketts last game.
    Oh, and for good measure- I especially blame this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    I think there should be consequences to posting something so inane. (you know, should it not come to pass). Your buddy, his source, and you should take a boot to the head (figurative) - and I'll spot you the couple of weeks you mention as a timeframe.

I guess the first test is if we see Ricketts in the lineup for the next game.
    Last edited by Redpunkfiddle; 07-20-2009 at 05:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m torn. I’d like to see JDG with the team, but I don’t think an improvement in the central midfield is what the team needs to go to the next level. I hope Mo has some other things in the works, especially since it looks like this isn’t happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that coaching T.V. icon Mr. Miaggi has the best advice for Julien De Guzman.

"Julienson, never put passion before principle, even if mean you lose!" Which is my point, if the rumors that Julien would prefer Europe over coming to MLS are to be believed, then this is a no brainer. Julien should just come out and say no thank you TFC. The money was world class but I prefer making less playing in Europe because the soccer balls are better!

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kristian Jack Twitters (or however you say it)- I think Julian De Guzman will tell Toronto FC in the next 24hours: "thanks but no thanks."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Mo makes it clear to him that while we would probably take him in with open arms a few years from now, it definitely won't be at anywhere near the coin we are offering for him now.

Oh you can be sure his agent has gone over the numbers.

Now, what if he only gets a one year offer in Europe and does this again next summer?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Oh you can be sure his agent has gone over the numbers.

Now, what if he only gets a one year offer in Europe and does this again next summer?
    Depends on how good of a season he has, wherever he ends up, if it isn't here.

And who knows, maybe Mo will stop hounding him after this season, and he won't find the same kind of offer waiting for him next summer.

It's not like Mo is going to have an unconditional multimillion dollar contract offer on the table forever.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on how good of a season he has, wherever he ends up, if it isn't here.

And who knows, maybe Mo will stop hounding him after this season, and he won't find the same kind of offer waiting for him next summer.

It's not like Mo is going to have an unconditional multimillion dollar contract offer on the table forever.

- Scott
    That's for sure. This deadline of after the Gold Cup could have come fom either side, really. JDG was targetted for this offer because he's the highest profile Canadian out of a contract right now, wasn't he? What other Canadians will be out of a contract after their next season?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    That's for sure. This deadline of after the Gold Cup could have come fom either side, really. JDG was targetted for this offer because he's the highest profile Canadian out of a contract right now, wasn't he? What other Canadians will be out of a contract after their next season?
    And what players will we have signed in the meantime?

Suppose Mo gives up on JDG after this season, and earnestly decides to look elsewhere for a DP. Maybe we won't even have the DP slot or cap space available to pursue JDG at all.

Julian is taking a pretty big financial risk, if he turns TFC's offer down. I'm sure that's why this is so hard for him. This is a once in a lifetime contract offer for a player like him.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf? Julian doesnt owe you guys shit. So wat it took long. This isnt a small decision.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    wtf? Julian doesnt owe you guys shit. So wat it took long. This isnt a small decision.
    Who is "you guys"? So far exactly one person has insinuated he owes us anything, and pretty much everyone else has disagreed with him.

- Scott