Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We dont need another DM or AM
    We need defenders and forwards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it ever happend it will be in 3 to 5 yrs from now..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DE GUZMAN IS NOT COMING!

you heard it here first.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    Regardless of the fact that we don't need either(DM or AM)....your telling me Simon, that if there was the possibility of signing him that you would look elsewhere just because we don't need the position. He is the best player in Canada....but for the record I would be shocked if this ever takes place anytime soon....but he is my favourite player on the planet!
    Last edited by Ageroo; 06-14-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    DE GUZMAN IS NOT COMING!

you heard it here first.....

Seconded. Julian was at yesterday's game because he wanted to be at yesterday's game. He is not signing with TFC anytime soon (maybe restart this thread in 4-5 years)

Julian will not be returning to Deportivo La Coruna either.

He has offers from significant clubs in various countries in Europe. There was a lot of noise being made by Benfica about 5-6 weeks ago that they were very serious about bringing him to Lisbon. That is a serious offer, not a rumour.

I fully expect he will stay in Spain but until he signs his name on the dotted line, it is hard to know where he'll land.

I'd like to see him sign with a reasonably big club with UEFA CL or Europa Cup ambitions but most important is that he goes somewhere where he a) gets to play and b) gets paid (lots of clubs in Spain are having major $ problems and haven't been paying players, most notable is Valencia but they are far from the only one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw him before the game and we had a five minute conversation. I asked him if he was going to sign with TFC his reply was maybe in a couple of years. But anything is possible I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who caught the Footy show this morning with DeGuzman + Peters???

By all indication's he has/will talk to Mo,
    stating he's talked with clubs from "many countries"
    but he explicitly says he "prefers" Spain,

he discussed the economic situation effecting the market,

Which leads me to believe he's using TFC as a bargaining chip to get Spanish Clubs to pony up....

So I think Original poster could very well be correct,
    but the fact remains even inside TFC sources may not know all details (being that sure, he may be in talks with TFC, but it could only be to get other european teams to pay up),

So my conclusion:
    -Yea he has/will talk to TFC
    -No he won't sign here (I only came to this conclusion after seeing his comments on todays show)
    THEREFORE: used/will use TFC to put some pressure on his desired locations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

big rumour, not true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post

Which leads me to believe he's using TFC as a bargaining chip to get Spanish Clubs to pony up....

but the fact remains even inside TFC sources may not know all details (being that sure, he may be in talks with TFC, but it could only be to get other european teams to pay up),

So my conclusion:
    -No he won't sign here (I only came to this conclusion after seeing his comments on todays show)
    Thats stupid, cuz we're talking about MLS compared to clubs in Europe. If Julian De Guzman is using anyone, its european clubs to get a $5 million a year contract from TFC and no it would not be a bad signing because he plays DM for Deportivo La Coruna. He could easily play ar CM in a 4-3-3 and be great at it.

-------------------Frei-------------------
    Wynne----Garcia--------Serioux---Brennan
    ----------------Robinson-----------------
    --------DeGuzman------Guevara----------
    Vitti-------------------------------Barrett
    ----------------DeRosario----------------

*You could interchange DeRo with Vittie or Barrett
    **You could interchange Vitti and DeGuzman or Guevara and Barrett

That lineup would be massive vs any oppossing teams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post

So my conclusion:
    Let him stay in Spain... but I certainly don't want him when he starts going downhill... fuck that... we need some self-respect... TFC is not going to be the retirement home of every Canadian Intl.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Thats stupid, cuz we're talking about MLS compared to clubs in Europe. If Julian De Guzman is using anyone, its european clubs to get a $5 million a year contract from TFC and no it would not be a bad signing because he plays DM for Deportivo La Coruna. He could easily play ar CM in a 4-3-3 and be great at it.

Vitti-------------------------------DeRosario
    ----------------Dichio----------------

CHANGED!!!'

How the hell could you leave dichio out?

but yea it would be very lethal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised this rumour isn't on MLS Rumours yet :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would never leave Spain either...who would?

Despite being a slightly inferior league to the EPL and Serie A, its freakin Spain! Maybe the most beautiful country in the world! Certainly the nicest climate.

No, for the good of the nation, JDG must remain in Europe playing top competition. Right now, JDG must have his choice of 15 EPL clubs.

I would be seriouxly disapointed if he came home now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has no chance of happening. He doesn't want to play here right now and if he did he'd want a salary so high the team would probley dip into the red.
    Wouldn't want him anyway. As others have said we need strikers, not midfielders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felipe View Post

Despite being a slightly inferior league to the EPL and Serie A, its freakin Spain! Maybe the most beautiful country in the world! Certainly the nicest climate.

No, for the good of the nation, JDG must remain in Europe playing top competition. Right now, JDG must have his choice of 15 EPL clubs.

La Liga is certainly considered to be a stronger league than Serie A.

TFC RealDeal RPB

No Way !
    Last edited by TFC RealDeal RPB; 06-14-2009 at 01:03 PM.

TFC RealDeal RPB

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    + 1

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post

Vitti-------------------------------Barrett
    ----------------DeRosario----------------

Are you serious ? Apart from DeGuzman, thats the side we have already that isnt scoring any goals !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow this is beyond dumb. De Guzman is not coming here PERIOD.

He is one of the top midfielders in La Liga which means he is world class and definitely not a TFC target for now. He will be a TFC player in 5 years maybe.

De Guzman is being tracked by Tottenham, Valencia, Sevilla and Benfica. Those are 4 huge clubs with a shit load of cash. He isn't stupid.

And to whoever said he was a squad player at Deportivo? Wtf? He was their MVP last season and he has been injured this year and out of favour due to his contract dispute Depor owe him a ton of money in bonuses and he will not be returning,

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there should be consequences to posting something so inane. (you know, should it not come to pass). Your buddy, his source, and you should take a boot to the head (figurative) - and I'll spot you the couple of weeks you mention as a timeframe.

I guess the first test is if we see Ricketts in the lineup for the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBlood113 View Post
    I very high up there source that my buddy knows said that Julian will be signing with TFC in 2 weeks as our DP. This does sound fuckin crazy but this guy has been right about the real madrid friendly and the fact that grass was being put in 2months ago, so i do got my hopes up for this.

im not one to buy into this bullshit normally but this got my hopes up. He also said this was ricketts last game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post

He is one of the top midfielders in La Liga...
    Not even close to top 5....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Let him stay in Spain... but I certainly don't want him when he starts going downhill... fuck that... we need some self-respect... TFC is not going to be the retirement home of every Canadian Intl.
    When he comes over it's likely that he won't be signing for DP money. What would be the harm in having him here at 31-32yrs old?
    Look at the age of Dichio and Robbo. They still play well. Although Dichio's done this year, but I sure as well hope he'll stay on with the club in some sort of capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by felipe View Post

Ya Spain is nice, but IMO, I wouldn't say is the most beautiful country in the world. Although the La Rioja landscapes are purdy.
    I haven't been to every country though so I can't say which is #1. lol

I agree he shouldn't come over at this point in time, but hopefully he'll stay in La Liga. I would think the EPL is too physical for him, but he seems to play all right in CONCACAF though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    Wow this is beyond dumb. De Guzman is not coming here PERIOD.

He is one of the top midfielders in La Liga which means he is world class and definitely not a TFC target for now. He will be a TFC player in 5 years maybe.

De Guzman is being tracked by Tottenham, Valencia, Sevilla and Benfica. Those are 4 huge clubs with a shit load of cash. He isn't stupid.

And to whoever said he was a squad player at Deportivo? Wtf? He was their MVP last season and he has been injured this year and out of favour due to his contract dispute Depor owe him a ton of money in bonuses and he will not be returning,
    I'd hope he'd not sign with Valencia since they're also having money problems like Deportivo, but who knows where he'd end up. Hopefully someplace where he gets to play regurlary and improve even more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be honest I don't think he would come if he did great but probably not yet. I would love to see him in the EPL at least then I could watch him play move often as the EPL is on tv alot more here. I think we should target jaime Peters at a bargin as he NEVER plays for Ipswich and would be a great fast attacking winger which we need and he is young and a developing candian. I would also love simeon jackson to come get us goals but he is not coming here as he was gillinghams hero last year, but he is the future of canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget Deguzman, did Gerba show up to the game? Did anyone see, after all Mo Johnston did say he would fly Gerba to the game and sign him early in the week? Who knows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sampace View Post
    Forget Deguzman, did Gerba show up to the game? Did anyone see, after all Mo Johnston did say he would fly Gerba to the game and sign him early in the week? Who knows?
    http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14468

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sampace View Post
    Yes,Gerba was in MLSE private box with DeGuzman,Brennan and co.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised MLS rumors hasn't announced that they'v been signed yet! They are definetly the source of accurate information.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

although at this point a defender and a forward is what we need, JDG is a world class player and could do wonders for Toronto FC. From my viewpoint, TFC has trouble transitioning from defence to offence. A guy like JDG could be that box to box midfielder that we need, an Essien if you will. Robbo just isn't doing the trick. This would allow DeRo to stay a little higher up the pitch than he has been currently doing which would help him save some more energy for forward runs.

I beleive a good holding midfielder is the cornerstone of a club, and I'm sorry but Robbo just isn't good enough distributing the ball from the back line to the attackers. Maybe a DM for a DPis exactly what we need.

Furthermore, along with the higher salary incentive there is much to say about playing in your home town. I'm not sure if his parents live in the GTA but that could go a long way in making his decision. Sooner or later the MLS is going to court someone who could be playing in a higher league, it happens in every league. Believe in it and it might happen.

I share FluSh's opinion on not wanting players when they are on their way down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that Robinson has not played well in the past two weeks. He played very poor this past weekend. Perhaps it is time to look at moving him out of TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    When he comes over it's likely that he won't be signing for DP money. What would be the harm in having him here at 31-32yrs old?
    Look at the age of Dichio and Robbo. They still play well. Although Dichio's done this year, but I sure as well hope he'll stay on with the club in some sort of capacity.

I'm not saying there aren't any 31-32yr olds who have played abroad and can prove themselves useful here in the MLS... Dichio beign an example, and Blanco as well...

What I am trying to say is that 31-32yr old Canadian Internationals shouldn't get a free pass to come to Toronto FC just cause they are Canadian Internationals...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS