Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    We knew that already!
    Please merge this with the JDG thread......dont need another!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how this 90% thing is being thrown about ... how exactly does one manage to convert such a thing into percentages ... what would be 91%?

95%?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I wonder how this 90% thing is being thrown about ... how exactly does one manage to convert such a thing into percentages ... what would be 91%?

95%?
    LOOOOL!!!! black magic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

95%?
    Better yet, it could be only 87.5%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if they read the percentage wrong and it's only 10%?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

95%?
    I guess every day between now and the 15th that he doesn't get a good offer from Europe, the percentage goes up by 1%.

If we're currently at 90%, and there's 8 days until the 15th, then that leaves a 2% chance he'll say fuck it and go to europe even if he doesn't get a good offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the club is shopping Robinson may I suggest offering him to Chicago in a trade for Chris Rolfe?

On another note if we sign JDG I very much like our chances of adding a second piece of hardware to the tropy case when we visit Columbus at months end.
    Gerba+White+De Guzman= success
    Last edited by Stryker; 07-07-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    If the club is shopping Robinson may I suggest offering him to Chicago in a trade for Chris Rolfe?

On another note if we sign JDG I very much like our chances of adding a second piece of hardware to the tropy case when we visit Columbus at months end.
    Gerba+White+De Guzman= success
    ? I'm hoping for good things from him too, but how much can we expect from him this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    ? I'm hoping for good things from him too, but how much can we expect from him this year?
    Yeah really, after Frei and Cronin how much do we expect from this draft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    more than that, how can anyone expect a guy to come back after a massive injury like his, make the 1st team and have an impact? sure he may do well for us, but i doubt he will this season

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So, the 2 DP's suggested in this thread are R. Lambert and J. De Guzman?

How Canadian is it that we are going after Ricky or Julian (shown here with Mo)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc View Post
    more than that, how can anyone expect a guy to come back after a massive injury like his, make the 1st team and have an impact? sure he may do well for us, but i doubt he will this season
    And has had no pre-season training either and no reserve league to get competitive matches in.

I also think people are expecting too much from White this year.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

90% - paperwork is written up
    95% - JDG OK's it
    99% - JDG signs
    100% - Don Garber/MLS office signs & approves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5% - Mo reads a 'sign this guy' thread on a messageboard
    10% - Mo googles the guy

etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, what does Paul "The Heart" Beirne say on his twitter about this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    BTW, what does Paul "The Heart" Beirne say on his twitter about this?
    Something about ordering the champagne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a Super Draft expert, but I think as a rule offensive players take longer to make an impact.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two years ago, in an interview on TFC TV, Paul B said that TFC were looking for a World Class starting XI player, and a Canadian, to be their DP.

De Guzman has been the only DP target all along.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Two years ago, in an interview on TFC TV, Paul B said that TFC were looking for a World Class starting XI player, and a Canadian, to be their DP.

Yes..i remember asking him about a DP a few years back....he replied how about a CANADIAN DP!

This has been going on longer then we think!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might have been talked about earlier, but if we do somehow sign DG, where does it leave Robbo? Will he need to go in order to gain cap space? Would be very hard on him, as he recently took a pay cut to play out the rest of his career with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Might have been talked about earlier, but if we do somehow sign DG, where does it leave Robbo? Will he need to go in order to gain cap space? Would be very hard on him, as he recently took a pay cut to play out the rest of his career with us.
    SBI reported today that Robbo is being shopped around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    BUisness side of sports..aint always pretty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    BUisness side of sports..aint always pretty!
    Yup! But we can't have our cake and eat it too. Something has to give if DeGuzman comes on board, but I'm still a bit unsure about letting go of a player who has meant so much to the team on every level. I'd rather let Vitti go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think its a dick head move convincing him to take a pay cut to stay here, have him perform well, and fuck him off, i know its sports but fuckin hell....its robbo!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Yeah, how do you feel about that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the fuck does everyone think we need a DP striker? I'd much rather have a great, intelligent midfield stabilizer and leader. Robbo is at best a consistently 6-7/10 holding midfielder, who sometimes looks better than that in this league.

Say all you want about Gerba's club career- the guy can score goals and is in the best form possible atm. Didn't those who attended open practice say that out of everyone (INCLUDING Gerba) it was O'Brian White who finished most clinically and consistently. Yes, that injury is worrying but if he can overcome it we have two strikers who can certainly compete in this league, three counting Dichio and with the goals coming from midfield I don't think scoring is what we have to worry about.

besides, as scrappy as we've been in front of goal this season, the fact of the matter remains that at 21 goals for this year WE ARE AMONG THE TOP TEAMS IN GOALS SCORED IN MLS. Statistics do not lie, we are among the best teams in goals scored for in MLS. Only Seattle, DC, Chicago, Craplumbus, and Colorado have more goals than us, the latter two just one goal more than we do. However, we are also the only team not in the bottom four in the league with a negative goal difference at -4 goal difference.

We need to play a tighter overall game much more than we need an aging DP striker. JDG will help with the former. The latter will help with nothing at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much cap space do we have left. If we sign JDG only $200,000 would go against the cap because it's the halfway point in the season. Leaving us a good chance to keep Robbo.

I agree with Super, let Vitti go. We have Gerba coming in as well as Obrian White when he becomes healthy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    I guess every day between now and the 15th that he doesn't get a good offer from Europe, the percentage goes up by 1%.

If we're currently at 90%, and there's 8 days until the 15th, then that leaves a 2% chance he'll say fuck it and go to europe even if he doesn't get a good offer.
    So I guess that means that on Canada Day the JDG to TFC meter was at 85%
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
    Why the fuck does everyone think we need a DP striker? I'd much rather have a great, intelligent midfield stabilizer and leader. Robbo is at best a consistently 6-7/10 holding midfielder, who sometimes looks better than that in this league.

Say all you want about Gerba's club career- the guy can score goals and is in the best form possible atm. Didn't those who attended open practice say that out of everyone (INCLUDING Gerba) it was O'Brian White who finished most clinically and consistently. Yes, that injury is worrying but if he can overcome it we have two strikers who can certainly compete in this league, three counting Dichio and with the goals coming from midfield I don't think scoring is what we have to worry about.

besides, as scrappy as we've been in front of goal this season, the fact of the matter remains that at 21 goals for this year WE ARE AMONG THE TOP TEAMS IN GOALS SCORED IN MLS. Statistics do not lie, we are among the best teams in goals scored for in MLS. Only Seattle, DC, Chicago, Craplumbus, and Colorado have more goals than us, the latter two just one goal more than we do. However, we are also the only team not in the bottom four in the league with a negative goal difference at -4 goal difference.

We need to play a tighter overall game much more than we need an aging DP striker. JDG will help with the former. The latter will help with nothing at all.
    This is a totally deceptive stat when you consider we have multiple multi-goal games. Reality is, we'd be first in the east if Chad Barrett could finish, that's how many chances we generally create (RSL and Seattle being the two games in which we didn't.)

It's all good to quote stats, but at the end of the day we needed two things at the beginning of this season: a commanding centre back and a commanding striker.

We may end out with both in Garcia and Gerba, and that'll be great, justifying looking at other positions for the DP. But at the end of the day, using the DP For either of those priorities might mean we'd be leading the division right now. So there are pluses and minuses; hell, even though I don't consider a DM the priority, anyone who'd turn down Julian De Guzman at his current age would be an idiot.

There's another message in this potential transaction which is very important: MLS would be sending the message it's willing to give DP money to ConCacaf players, giving more of them a reason to consider staying in MLS, or coming back to it while at prime, instead of playing all of their best days in Europe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, how do you feel about that?
    I signed Jack's petition early. I think it's fantastic. Full stop.

To have DeRo and De Guzman together here in Toronto, while both are still in their primes? It's beyond my wildest dreams.

There's too much melodrama around the fact that JdG played CM for Depor. All I know is I've seen him play about 10 games for Canada, and he's never played the holding CM role for us. They guy is a creative all round player who goes forward regularly.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”