Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default De Guzman Superthread (until any official announcement)

I very high up there source that my buddy knows said that Julian will be signing with TFC in 2 weeks as our DP. This does sound fuckin crazy but this guy has been right about the real madrid friendly and the fact that grass was being put in 2months ago, so i do got my hopes up for this.

im not one to buy into this bullshit normally but this got my hopes up. He also said this was ricketts last game.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah LOL... Deportivo or TFC? sorry we all love TFC but come on LOL.
    M.U.F.C.U.M GAMBA OSAKA Toronto FC

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very high up is for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BC101 View Post
    nah LOL... Deportivo or TFC? sorry we all love TFC but come on LOL.
    Deportivo don't want him.

JDG being at tonight's game and sitting at MLSE private box might be a sign that he is coming to TFC????

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love it, but can't see it happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that would be an awesome signing if DeGuzman signed with TFC. I could see this happening only if the MLSE offered $5 million per season (8 months) and put grass in BMO Field after the Real Madrid match.

DeGuzman is close to being in his 30's and he's only a rotation player at Deportivo La Coruna. Why wouldnt he take a $5 million dollar offer per season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would LOVE to see JDG sign here. He would completely destroy MLS defenders, but lets be realistic, he's not coming to MLS at this point.
    He's said he'd like to play for TFC but that it'll be when his career is on the way down.

He's been linked to various EPL squads and was named player of the year at Deportivo. He's NOT coming here anytime soon.

But man, I would love to be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick question: If JDG did end up signing here, then where exactly would he play in starting line-up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Just a quick question: If JDG did end up signing here, then where exactly would he play in starting line-up?
    He's a DM for Deportivo, but plays AM for the National squad. ( maybe I got them mixed up) lol

Of course "O Glorious Leader" (whom shall not be named) played him and everyone else pretty much OUT of position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    He's a DM for Deportivo, but plays AM for the National squad. ( maybe I got them mixed up) lol

Of course "O Glorious Leader" (whom shall not be named) played him and everyone else pretty much OUT of position.
    Interesting since we got Robbo playing as a DM for us. If JDG does end up signing, what will happen to Robbo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

youngblood113 tells no lies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    I very high up is for sure.
    QFT oh yeah

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This rumour doesn't actually sound like it's beyond the realm of possibility. I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm not dismissing it off-hand.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of me wants to dismiss it as ordinary pie-in-the-sky, the rest of me hopes it's true.

DP + Canadian. Can't get any more real than that. Still, we can only dream...

Speaking of pie...

Mmmm, pie...
    Last edited by twistedchinaman; 06-14-2009 at 01:56 AM.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I hope he doesn't sign here.

I fucking love him, hes a champion for Canada, but the fact that hes a Canadian international makes me want him to continue his career elsewhere in Europe.

Canadian soccer needs international exposure and hes our best shot at having a legit player playing in European comps.

Maybe 5/6 years down the road, for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love it to be true. Doubt it is, but I always hold out some small hope.

JDG being at the game is probably pretty meaningless, though. His season is over, he's back in Canada to spend time with his family, and probably just decided to come out to a game.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I guess anything is possible, but is this really the best move for us right now? Wouldn't a DP striker be more along the lines of what we need? But having said that, hell yeah I'd love to see him dress in TFC colours!

Sure could use one on Thursday!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well he was leading scorer for a la liga team. he can score better than most strikers.

If he joined us we would be the best team on paper in the history of the MLS.no question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Bruva will know

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    I would LOVE to see JDG sign here. He would completely destroy MLS defenders, but lets be realistic, he's not coming to MLS at this point.
    He's said he'd like to play for TFC but that it'll be when his career is on the way down.

He's been linked to various EPL squads and was named player of the year at Deportivo. He's NOT coming here anytime soon.

But man, I would love to be wrong.
    We need to stop taking players when their careers are way down... fuck'em if that's their attitude I don't want them... I rather take my shot at 10 Montero's than 10 Canadian Internationals when their careers are down...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you do is move De Ro into a striker position and have De Guzman and Guevara playing AM. Cronin and Robbo can pick up the other two spots in the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what happened with Jamie Smith, didn't papers report that an offer was going to be made?

So far that is three new players being linked with the team, plus Garcia. That means at least two people on the current squad will be let go if all three come in. So if we sign Gerba, Smith, and JDG who other then Ricketts is out? Harmse? Vitti?
    Last edited by Kaz; 06-15-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Edit because I typed totally the wrong name...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Honestly I hope he doesn't sign here.

I fucking love him, hes a champion for Canada, but the fact that hes a Canadian international makes me want him to continue his career elsewhere in Europe.

Canadian soccer needs international exposure and hes our best shot at having a legit player playing in European comps.

Maybe 5/6 years down the road, for sure.
    Exactly. Wanting him here, especially when he doesn't fill our holes is a bit near sighted I think. I want Canadian kids to say "I want to be like JDG" but they won't if he spends his best years in MLS. It's very important that he plays here at some point, but he has more to accomplish in Europe still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Anywhere he wants. I think him and De Ro would be given carte-blanche to basically go wherever they wanted on the field, with Guevera and Dichio both sort of staying in the middle, Guevera to distribute (along with, obviously, Robbo and Cronin to hold), Dichio to bring balls down.

And then Gerba in reserve?

Man -- we'd have most of the National team playing for us.

I would literally shit my pants -- I'm talking massive direahhea -- if we actually manged to sign both of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's been quoted as saying that at his age it doesn't make sense for a footballer not to test himself at the highest level possible.

He said the same thing when TFC came calling just a few months ago.

It would be cool if we could have everyone who was in that private box though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ wait for Big Bruva to come online, he will know. He said a bunch of them were out together on friday night.

I_AM_CANADIAN

I doubt it to be honest... He's drawn interest from clubs in Italy, Spain and England, I can't see him coming to MLS at this point in his career. And for the sake of our national team, he needs to be playing at the highest level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Anywhere he wants. I think him and De Ro would be given carte-blanche to basically go wherever they wanted on the field, with Guevera and Dichio both sort of staying in the middle, Guevera to distribute (along with, obviously, Robbo and Cronin to hold), Dichio to bring balls down.

And then Gerba in reserve?

Man -- we'd have most of the National team playing for us.

I would literally shit my pants -- I'm talking massive direahhea -- if we actually manged to sign both of them.
    That's the problem...

Too much CMNT players, we'd be screwed in conflicts when the national team plays...

Pretty much would have to set an allotment limit on how many players the National Team would be allowed to call up for a game,

and that would put us all in a lose-lose situation
    Choose one:
    Want your best for Canada? Or for Toronto?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this case you'd get neither. You'd have two mediocre sides. Oh wait...we have that already

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    ^^ wait for Big Bruva to come online, he will know. He said a bunch of them were out together on friday night.
    The brothers De Guzman do a boat cruise every summer. So that is why a lot of these guys are in town as well. That is where Big Bruva would have been out with them on Friday night.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts