View Poll Results: Who would score first if Vitti and Barrett are lined up side by side?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pablo Vitti

109 64.12%
  • Chad Barrett

61 35.88%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Id like MO to call RSL and swap BARRETT straight up for CDN WILL JOHNSON!
    come on, give RSL some credit. They are not foolish enough to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chad Barrett.

Vitti should be crucified as strongly as Chad was for messing up that clean break.

I have yet to see Vitti make a meaningful pass or shot after one of his famous "dribbles" through 3 or 4 guys. If I played with him I'd just stop running seeing as it's a one man show to nowhere with him.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Chad Barrett.

Vitti should be crucified as strongly as Chad was for messing up that clean break.

I have yet to see Vitti make a meaningful pass or shot after one of his famous "dribbles" through 3 or 4 guys. If I played with him I'd just stop running seeing as it's a one man show to nowhere with him.
    He didn't mess it up though. He wasn't trying to score. Don't you see he's that good that he knew Dichio was behind him and deliberately shot the ball against the goalies leg so that it would bounce for Dichio to score.

Once again he did a great job creating a chance for someone else rather than just wasting the chance like Barrett would have.

Did he get an official assist for that? if not it's a crime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chad Barrett.

You clearly didn't hear Craig Forrest the last few games he called,

If you just listened to forest without even watching you wouldh've sworn Pablo Vitti was Adam Braz, and Chad Barrett was C. Ronaldo....

Forrest is throwing out more propaganda than Mahmoud Ahmadinejad!!!

Well maybe if you actually watched the games you would see what happens in them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    I just looked at the results, since i refuse to vote in this ludicrous poll, and I'm amazed that Vitti is in the lead with twice as many votes as Barrett ( 41-20). As bad as Barrett is, at least he's scored a goal this season. Must be the same people voting that voted in the Vitti vs Montero poll.
    I answered Vitti, because he hasn't got a shot at playing Barrett's position. Put Vitti as out and out striker and I think you'll see him score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    You clearly didn't hear Craig Forrest the last few games he called,

If you just listened to forest without even watching you wouldh've sworn Pablo Vitti was Adam Braz, and Chad Barrett was C. Ronaldo....

Forrest is throwing out more propaganda than Mahmoud Ahmadinejad!!!

Well maybe if you actually watched the games you would see what happens in them
    LOL

If I actually listened to Craig Forrest I might wonder why Shaka Hislop was never voted WPOY.

I do watch the games. The ones I've seen have not had Pablo Vitti score in them, and he's just about one of the worst passers I've seen. Having said that, he does make amazing runs to nowhere. A little fire guy and smart ass remark unfortunatley won't change history.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted Lombardo...err...Vitti...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe how many people voted Vitti here. Barrett has scored this year, and the fact that there aren't 5 threads simply titled "Pablo Vitti" with ranting about how bad he is because of that ASTRONOMICAL MISS against NYRB just astounds me. Barrett's one of the hardest working guys on the pitch, and I think some of you must just over-rate Vitti because he's on a 300,000 a year salary, and he's South American. Hell, I bet if we had Claudio Lopez last season, everyone that voted for Vitti would have that that he was the scond coming because he was not only a DP, but he was south American too; despite the fact that he's shite.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think we're probably too hard on both of them.

Neither is really a goal-scorer.

I hope Chad can get his confidence and learn to do so. It's painfully obvious that his confidence is shot. As for Vitti, he brings a lot to the table, from what I've seen, but he's not a great finisher.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

If I actually listened to Craig Forrest I might wonder why Shaka Hislop was never voted WPOY.

I do watch the games. The ones I've seen have not had Pablo Vitti score in them, and he's just about one of the worst passers I've seen. Having said that, he does make amazing runs to nowhere. A little fire guy and smart ass remark unfortunatley won't change history.
    Just ignore him. 95% of his responses to people he personally doesn't agree with, involve accusign them of not watching the games.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poppamidnight, tfc_usa, kaz, fushida. Can't think of others right now and too lazy to look.

Now what do you have to say?

More missed chances for Barrett, but 1 goal, 2 assists, what did Vitti do again? 1 good pass to Dichio which could have been an assist, and then fuck all else, a whole lot of dribbling into trouble and losing the ball.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That flick to Guevara was brilliant, to get the 6th goal. Barrett has potential to be a fantastic wide player.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    poppamidnight, tfc_usa, kaz, fushida. Can't think of others right now and too lazy to look.

More missed chances for Barrett, but 1 goal, 2 assists, what did Vitti do again? 1 good pass to Dichio which could have been an assist, and then fuck all else, a whole lot of dribbling into trouble and losing the ball.

1 - Cummins put him on the left side today... Vitti blows on the left side... If you remember the last game, Vitti was our best player on the pitch when we had him on the RIGHT side...
    ...once he moved over to the left, he wasn't noticable...
    ...as was the case w/ tonight

2 - Chad's getting more accurate... Instead of missing the net by 20 feet when he has an open shot in the box, he kicks it at the goalie...
    ...THAT is development!!!!

3 - The goal was a header...

4 - Assists = not goals my friend... He's still so messed in the head he had to DIVERT the play on Guevara's goal (which lets be honest - was all skill on Amado's part to Juke the guy)....
    ...Chad shouldh've shot it....

But none of this matters,
    I've said it before and I'll say it again (since it was proven tonight),

Chad Barrett and Pablo Vitti ARE NOT the players this team relies on to score goals,

Our attack is through our MF,

Could possibly move up front w/ Gerba + OBW, but until then, this team runs through the MF,
    and it really doesn't matter if Vitti or Barrett are on the pitch...

Bottom line = both still need to go, or will go eventually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    That flick to Guevara was brilliant, to get the 6th goal. Barrett has potential to be a fantastic wide player.

- Scott
    See my post above,

Peep the replay on that... That was Guevara's skill and composure man,

Chad shouldh've shot it, but his head is still messed up....

Yay, I applaud the finish by Amado,

But the problem this team gets in with Pablo and Chad, is their head's are in the 'i won't score this' mode, and they make stupid little/extra passes, that end up costing chances when they should be shooting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 - Assists = not goals my friend... He's still so messed in the head he had to DIVERT the play on Guevara's goal (which lets be honest - was all skill on Amado's part to Juke the guy)....
    Yeah, stupid asshole, going with a perfect flick centering pass for the goal that sealed the championship for us, instead of taking a shot from a less attractive angle.

He totally get's no credit for that.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vitti ist shitty. and soft.

CB19 hands down. love the work ethic. i think he'll come around on the goal-scoring front. just a feeling.
    (i know, maybe he should have long ago.)
    Last edited by GBV; 06-18-2009 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, stupid asshole, going with a perfect flick centering pass for the goal that sealed the championship for us, instead of taking a shot from a less attractive angle.

He totally get's no credit for that.

- Scott
    So you applaud the one time the extra pass works for us,

but where are you when they don't work???

What's the % of extra passes that don't go through on the part of our guys?
    Chad, Pablo, Ricketts (gone)...etc
    Last edited by poppamidnight; 06-18-2009 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post

are you blind?
    vitti worked his ass off... is all he did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you applaud the one time the extra pass works for us,

but where are you when they don't work???

What's the % of extra passes that don't go through on the part of our guys?
    Chad, Pablo, Ricketts (gone)...etc
    I've given both of them TONS of flack for unnecessary passes that kill forward progression. Especially Vitti.

This wasn't an "unnecessary" pass. It lead to an easy finish from an attractive spot for Guevara.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've given both of them TONS of flack for unnecessary passes that kill forward progression. Especially Vitti.

This wasn't an "unnecessary" pass. It lead to an easy finish from an attractive spot for Guevara.

- Scott
    Okay, I gotta call you out on this, since the video was just put up on Toronto FC TV,

Now everyone can see it again, and again, and again...

That goal was Amado's Skill,
    Not Chad's flick,

Chad just has the keeper ahead of him,

amado had a defender right on him, one to his left + the goalie...

...I gotta admit, you had me questioning myself over it,
    but just consulted toronto fc tv,
    and tape don't lie

But go ahead, have your glory thinking chad is great again because of an extra pass he made...
    Don't cry to me when the next 10 extra passes blow us 10 chances on goals

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow, talk about a stupid argument.

The pass worked. Barrett scored a huge massive goal. Vitti played well, but not well enough and was subbed.

It's not a bad play when it works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I should have just said this, and nothing else.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't even understand how you are comparing Barrett and Vitti. Both are shit but Barrett has f'd up WAY more chances....chances where it is much easier to score than not to.

I really hope Barrett is gone soon...who would even pick him up though? A USL club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, talk about a stupid argument.

The pass worked. Barrett scored a huge massive goal. Vitti played well, but not well enough and was subbed.

Your missing the point El Presidente....

It's not the play,
    it's the IDEA OF AN EXTRA PASS,

We've blown a good portion of chances on goal in the past due to the extra pass,
    this time it worked, but what about the other 90% of the times it didn't?

All I'm saying is I'd still prefer a striker to be hungry for goal over this extra pass...
    ...and Chad and Vitti aren't that striker...

God Bless our attacking MF!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 - Cummins put him on the left side today... Vitti blows on the left side... If you remember the last game, Vitti was our best player on the pitch when we had him on the RIGHT side...
    ...once he moved over to the left, he wasn't noticable...
    ...as was the case w/ tonight

Vitti does work better on the right it's true. Glad you agree he wasn't noticeable tonight.

2 - Chad's getting more accurate... Instead of missing the net by 20 feet when he has an open shot in the box, he kicks it at the goalie...
    ...THAT is development!!!!

3 - The goal was a header...

What? so a header doesn't count????

You've been creaming over how well Vitti does to set people up, and saying how Barrett never does that, and now you're going to criticise Barrett for doing it better than vitti ever has?

But none of this matters,
    I've said it before and I'll say it again (since it was proven tonight),

Chad Barrett and Pablo Vitti ARE NOT the players this team relies on to score goals,

This again is true.

Our attack is through our MF,

Could possibly move up front w/ Gerba + OBW, but until then, this team runs through the MF,
    and it really doesn't matter if Vitti or Barrett are on the pitch...

Bottom line = both still need to go, or will go eventually

Both could have some kind of part to play as wingers, ideally with lower contracts, neither will be the goalscoring answer.
    Ah well it's all good, champions

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your missing the point El Presidente....

It's not the play,
    it's the IDEA OF AN EXTRA PASS,

We've blown a good portion of chances on goal in the past due to the extra pass,
    this time it worked, but what about the other 90% of the times it didn't?

All I'm saying is I'd still prefer a striker to be hungry for goal over this extra pass...
    ...and Chad and Vitti aren't that striker...

God Bless our attacking MF!
    I'm not missing the point at all.

You said you wanted to talk about the reality that happened in the video.

Barrett made a pass to Amado and he scored.

That's what happened.

I understand your point, but in this case, you're not proving your point because the play worked.

I agree with you about preferring them to be hungry, but again, the play worked and the goal was scored.

Bitching about the hypothetical just seems like a waste of time after what we witnessed tonight. "What if he'd fucked it up?"

Well, he didn't. When it mattered most, he didn't.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not missing the point at all.

You said you wanted to talk about the reality that happened in the video.

Barrett made a pass to Amado and he scored.

That's what happened.

I understand your point, but in this case, you're not proving your point because the play worked.

I agree with you about preferring them to be hungry, but again, the play worked and the goal was scored.

Bitching about the hypothetical just seems like a waste of time after what we witnessed tonight. "What if he'd fucked it up?"

Well, he didn't. When it mattered most, he didn't.
    Not that I was able to watch the match - but it seems my theory may prove to be correct. Maybe Barrett would be an excellent energy guy out wide... I'll keep watching, but I think it may be the case.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Not that I was able to watch the match - but it seems my theory may prove to be correct. Maybe Barrett would be an excellent energy guy out wide... I'll keep watching, but I think it may be the case.
    He made a good pass and he probably would have botched it if he'd made the attempt on goal.

But he wasn't "out wide" on the play.

His crossing still needs a ton of work.

Watch the replay on the TFC site.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He made a good pass and he probably would have botched it if he'd made the attempt on goal.

But he wasn't "out wide" on the play.

His crossing still needs a ton of work.

Watch the replay on the TFC site.
    Yea - I just did. But I'm not backing away from the thought yet... I just see something. He does actually have a decent touch... In my opinion anyway.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Yea - I just did. But I'm not backing away from the thought yet... I just see something. He does actually have a decent touch... In my opinion anyway.
    He does.

Again, I think it's a confidence thing. He tends to overthink on the ball. His best plays have come when he does things more instinctively (like that pass tonight or the volley bomb he scored against *I can't remembe who right now*)