Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Forgive the bringing back of an old thread but I did a forum search, and this one seemed the best place to put his.

I got a Beyond Meat Burger on Saturday for $13 - cheaper then the regular burgers.

Was pleasantly suprised.
    Where can you get the Beyond Meat Burger at BMO?

I think the double tacos are still a pretty good deal (west concourse).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Where can you get the Beyond Meat Burger at BMO?
    I got it on the East side 2nd level main concourse food place - the one with the porchetta - King Club. I didn't check the West side that also does porchetta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Whatever the fuck it was , what a classic it was.
    LMAO........and that’s a classic reply!

They actually were very good even if they didn’t really resemble a true British chip butty. I have converted a few folks to the great delicacy over the years after overcoming their initial disgust at the idea of a French fry sandwich lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the burger fries on the East side at the top of section 109. Imagine a container of fries, and then a chopped up Big Mac (minus the bun) placed on top. It was even finished off with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. The gourmet food ain't bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Bring back the Chip Buddy ( :
    Yes, please . I liked the chip butty with garlic mayo, though - not the HP sauce. I know it wasn't exactly authentic, but it was awesome.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont eat at games often but years and years ago they had the pizza burger. Not sure if its still around, but it would be a pizza slice within a burger. So you would just take the slice out, have a slice and a burger for the price of a burger.

Rather enjoyed that.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Forgive the bringing back of an old thread but I did a forum search, and this one seemed the best place to put his.

I got a Beyond Meat Burger on Saturday for $13 - cheaper then the regular burgers.

Was pleasantly suprised.
    I think bringing back old threads is great, done right.

The one you want is the Impossible Burger 2.0. Not in Canada yet. It will knock your socks off.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

The one you want is the Impossible Burger 2.0. Not in Canada yet. It will knock your socks off.
    These are incredibly good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Off topic, but these are being trialed at Burger King's in the states, think its only in the St.Louis area to start.

Beyond Meat is pretty good though, their sausages are also amazing. Wvrst carries them now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    Off topic, but these are being trialed at Burger King's in the states, think its only in the St.Louis area to start.

Beyond Meat is pretty good though, their sausages are also amazing. Wvrst carries them now.
    I had them at CES and they were really good. They’re probably actually better than the steamed, painted on grill marks and liquid smoke flavoured Whoppers that BK currently serves. Now they just need to invent fast food burger tomatoes that aren’t mealy and devoid of flavour.

I’ve tried Beyond Meat burgers a bunch of times and texturally there’s something unappealing to me, though they remain much better than the “veggie burgers” of the past. Maybe it’s one of the stabilizers or binders they use and it works better in sausage form? I’ll have to try one at Wvrst.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back in the early days they tried to do some more English style options.
    I guess the meat pies didn't impress people.
    Damn, now I want a meat pie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id really like to see more international street foods that can be served quickly

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always suggested to TFC I would like to see a no carb or low carb option and maybe actually some vegetables that is not just a garnish and actually a main part of a meal. Grilled chicken Caesar salad maybe or maybe some kind of spinach salad with the egg/bacon. Wouldn't be too hard. Sometimes I want something light like that and don't always need/want carbs although I get that it is a cheap filler to have with most items and that is why there is lots of wheat and potato based options. Some people also do keto or other restrictive diets too so would accommodate more people I would think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the veggie samosas were one of the best things I ever had at BMO.

I kind of liked the Chip Buddies too.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I always suggested to TFC I would like to see a no carb or low carb option and maybe actually some vegetables that is not just a garnish and actually a main part of a meal. Grilled chicken Caesar salad maybe or maybe some kind of spinach salad with the egg/bacon. Wouldn't be too hard. Sometimes I want something light like that and don't always need/want carbs although I get that it is a cheap filler to have with most items and that is why there is lots of wheat and potato based options. Some people also do keto or other restrictive diets too so would accommodate more people I would think.
    in the early days, Mr Greek (or something like that) was under the south end section. We used to get Kebabs and Salad from them. It was damned expensive, but it was an alternative to the other higher calorie stuff. That's long gone now, but would be easy enough to replicate with all the grills around.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Triple threat for me was one of my favs.
    Now, a Porcetta and a beer is my go to game day fare, but I see they have Paninis now. Might have to try them.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had bought the Shawarmanator or whatever it is called in the past for about $10-11 and it was a decent size. My daughter bought one this past weekend and they seemed to have reduced the size of it and added a handful of kettle chips and ran the price up over $14. Wow. Smaller wrap and a handful of chips for another $4 or so. Hence why I don't really eat at the stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the early days, I sampled a Chip Butty and a Scotch egg. I was underwhelmed with the Chip Butty as they used frozen fries, and the Scotch Egg was okay. If I'm at BMO Field, I usually get a slice or two of Pizza Pizza because pizza is my kryptonite.

When I was in Philadelphia last month for the road match against the Union, I sampled what the locals called crabfries. It was crinkle cut french fries that were seasoned with their own steamed crab spice mix and served with some cheese dip on the side. Quite delish. They serve them at the concessions of every Philadelphia sporting venue as well as their own local restaurant chain, Chickie's & Pete's.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Back in the early days they tried to do some more English style options.
    I guess the meat pies didn't impress people.
    Damn, now I want a meat pie.
    Yeah, I was shocked when I came in one home opener and there were no pies.....but I ate all the pies! literally tried them all. was sad at the lack of ability to make the "who ate all the pies" joke as especially this year the officials have started to let themselves go.

pies. not just sustenance (and a vector for HP sauce). also good joke fodder.