RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today’s News, Tuesday , Jun.09

Mornin'

Mo fuss at TFC's motives
    Despite growing discontent among rabid support groups, soccer suits endorse GM Johnston
    LANCE HORNBY
    The once-happy marriage between Toronto FC management and thousands of its fans is being strained to the point of a possible divorce.
    But the target of much of the ire, general manager Mo Johnston, received a vote of confidence from Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd., yesterday.
    On Saturday, most of the 500-strong Red Patch Boys didn't wear team colours, were noticably absent from their loud south stands perch at the start of the game, displayed a huge banner mocking MLSEL's losing sports properties and staged a Gate 3 protest after the 2-1 defeat to Los Angeles.
    READ MORE

Teamwork's not working for Toronto FC
    Nigel Reed

OK, cards on the table. I don’t trust Toronto FC at the back; I don’t expect much up front. But let’s return to that point in a minute.
    Immediately following Saturday’s 2-1 loss against the Galaxy, I sped up to Woodbridge, Ont., to attend the 2009 Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
    Among those honoured was the Canadian team which made it to the World Cup Finals in 1986.

Read More

Defence takes another hit
    Wynne named to U.S. Confederations Cup side while Attakora, Brennan remain on injured list
    Daniel Girard
    Toronto FC's beleaguered defensive corps just got more bad news.
    With the right ankle of left back and team captain Jim Brennan still swollen and fellow defender Nana Attakora continuing to suffer from post-concussion symptoms, the Major League Soccer club announced yesterday that Marvell Wynne has been named to the U.S. national team playing in the Confederations Cup next week.

Read More

De Rosario picking club over country
    RYAN JOHNSTON
    If stepping away from international soccer helps Toronto FC achieve its goal of making the playoffs, Dwayne De Rosario is prepared to make the sacrifice.
    "I told (Canada coach) Stephen Hart I was 60/40 on it," De Rosario told Sportsnet.ca. "In the end it is always tough because you do not want to leave your position with the team, but right now my commitment is with Toronto FC."

Read More

Real price gouge awaits the faithful
    LANCE HORNBY
    The Real Madrid game is local, but the prices will seem loco to some for the much debated friendly against Toronto FC.
    The range is from $140 to $215 plus other fees, though subscribers and those on the waiting list get a "loyalty discount" starting at $125.

Read More

Top seat $215 to see Real Madrid

Daniel Girard
    Toronto soccer fans will have to pay up to $215 a seat to see European titan Real Madrid this summer.
    Toronto FC yesterday announced prices from $140 to $215 – compared to a range of $23 to $180 for regular Major League Soccer games – for its international friendly against the 31-time Spanish champions on Aug. 7 at BMO Field.

Read More

Hefty price tag for Toronto FC-Real Madrid tickets
    The Canadian Press
    A seat at BMO Field to see storied soccer franchise Real Madrid won't come cheap.
    Toronto FC announced its ticket prices Monday for the team's friendly Aug. 9 against the Spanish powerhouse, with prices ranging from $140 to $215.
    Toronto FC season seat holders have the opportunity to buy tickets as of June 15 at a slight discount, starting at $125.

Read More

Reds Academy Team gets late winner
    Stamopoulos scores in stoppage time
    mls/tfc.com
    James Stamopoulos scored a stoppage time winner as Toronto FC Academy Senior Team fought back from behind to beat North York Astros 2-1 and stay unbeaten in the Canadian Soccer League this season.
    The Reds youngsters fell behind in the 14th minute at Esther Shiner Stadium. After North York were awarded free kick, the ball dropped favourably to centre midfielder Diego Benzi. He showed good composure to fire into the bottom corner past a helpless Soitiri Varlokostas in goal.

Read More

SUNSHINE
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mornin' D.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Mornin' D.
    This is getting a bad as "first!"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is classic - "Hi, I'm Tom, I'm really out of touch."

"We're paying higher than $1 million for FIFA's team of the century and I think it's exciting for our fans. It's like seeing the Rolling Stones at the El Mocambo again. It's a big-time event and there's a price that you'd pay, just like to see Madonna."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post

"We're paying higher than $1 million for FIFA's team of the century and I think it's exciting for our fans. It's like seeing the Rolling Stones at the El Mocambo again. It's a big-time event and there's a price that you'd pay, just like to see Madonna."
    What's out of touch about the statement?

He's obviously making comparisons for those who are not ingrained in football. That is one of the major targets for a game like this-people that don't know any better. No?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can switch it to Mornin Boys, then someone might get offended to the fact not everyone are "boys" I don't know.. I guess ill just be Mornin Denime....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today's coed girl....oh yummy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keem-o-sabi View Post

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good afternoon MR.Kingpin

This just shows how much they are out of touch and clueless when it comes about soccer and their loyal fans.
    If they would pull something like this in any other country, FO head honchos would be physically abused on the street from loyal fans,but since we live in Canada and their job are secure,ML$E Exec. can do whatever they want and still have their jobs.Their success is not measured by the results on the filed/ice/court,it's measured by how much $$$$$ they made for Teachers pension plan.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Good afternoon MR.Kingpin

This just shows how much they are out of touch and clueless when it comes about soccer and their loyal fans.
    If they would pull something like this in any other country, FO head honchos would be physically abused on the street from loyal fans,but since we live in Canada and their job are secure,ML$E Exec. can do whatever they want and still have their jobs.Their success is not measured by the results on the filed/ice/court,it's measured by how much $$$$$ they made for Teachers pension plan.
    Well that's the thing - it's not just the facts you stated above. But I found it mildly comical that he chose those particular references. He's an old git that knows quite a bit about business, but not very much about sport. And that holds true for the majority of people running MLSE. Tom "I hear the kids really like Madonna and Raul", orifice licking punter (insert name here) "Ya sir, you're right that's what the kids like these days". Great! Ummm, What's your name again? (Insert name here), Let's get that team that sounds like Real Salt Lake here, the kids will eat it up!" "And make sure you stick to the corporate policy, screw the fans and stab them in the heart, you know this is the only way I can sleep at night." End scene.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiousity, am I missing something? I got an email last night from TFC telling me that the RM tickets go on sale on Wednesday, but all of these articles say SSHs get to buy them on Monday. Not that it matters a lot, but the press seems to have a different story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post

And shes a gymnast!!!

oh ya, soccer, um... thanks for noticing the protest 3 days later. Bang up job guys

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d

second
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

indeed...
    but even more impressive is the link to Monica Bellucci on that same page.
    Now that is incredible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's the thing - it's not just the facts you stated above. But I found it mildly comical that he chose those particular references. He's an old git that knows quite a bit about business, but not very much about sport. And that holds true for the majority of people running MLSE. Tom "I hear the kids really like Madonna and Raul", orifice licking punter (insert name here) "Ya sir, you're right that's what the kids like these days". Great! Ummm, What's your name again? (Insert name here), Let's get that team that sounds like Real Salt Lake here, the kids will eat it up!" "And make sure you stick to the corporate policy, screw the fans and stab them in the heart, you know this is the only way I can sleep at night." End scene.
    I love how everyone is shitting themselves about how evil mlse is for 'gouging fans' without even attempting to find out whether mlse even makes money on this. duane rollins' article last week makes it pretty clear nobody is getting gouged, and that the ticket costs are the lowest they could charge without LOSING money. i understand it is too expensive for some people, but maybe this is a lesson that next time they should bring nottingham forest instead to accommodate those unwilling to pay more than the $25 for the south end.

im not meaning to start an argument, but ive been away from the boards for a while and still don't understand why everyone is so upset. to me, this is almost more of a league issue than a price issue since people are also freaking out about the timing of it. if the league could figure out how to accommodate friendlies in the middle of the season without impacting league play (as well as fixing the schedule for international fixtures) we might not have this problem ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This line is FANTASTIC! "The smaller NEE club, joined the RPB in hiding their red gear and walked out en masse after the national anthems. A mix of U Sector also participated in both actions."

Oh the irony...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc View Post
    I love how everyone is shitting themselves about how evil mlse is for 'gouging fans' without even attempting to find out whether mlse even makes money on this. duane rollins' article last week makes it pretty clear nobody is getting gouged, and that the ticket costs are the lowest they could charge without LOSING money. i understand it is too expensive for some people, but maybe this is a lesson that next time they should bring nottingham forest instead to accommodate those unwilling to pay more than the $25 for the south end.

im not meaning to start an argument, but ive been away from the boards for a while and still don't understand why everyone is so upset. to me, this is almost more of a league issue than a price issue since people are also freaking out about the timing of it. if the league could figure out how to accommodate friendlies in the middle of the season without impacting league play (as well as fixing the schedule for international fixtures) we might not have this problem ...
    Read the bold. Then do some fact checking. Then respond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh WOW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about the money, it's about the messed up set of priorities

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc View Post

Reading your post it is obvious you have bin away for a while.
    here is suggestion.
    Right now with your post it is "open season" and you are the target to so many Supporters from this board.

Read trough this threads first and than come back here and post your opinion.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14089

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14271

And now you better for a while

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd see Forest for 25 bucks.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real Madrid co ing to town is a hge grain deal

And to see them in an intimate lip aluminum can like jmo
    Is something many people uav dreamed about for years.
    Let alone Spanish expats.

We get bass at bmo for a while too.

There are positives to this. That's all I'm sayin
    If it was Liverpool. My team. I wouldn't cqre about schedule
    Or price. Try to see it from a real fan viewpoint.

Honestly
    I don't know WHAT happened to the expectations around here
    But a lot of people need to get their heads out of their arse
    And out of the clouds and learn to enjoy your local club

it's been 3 short years of nationaly broadcast footy
    From a SSS in Toronto. I for one still remember a time when that was not the case

WALK ON
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck "real" fans of Real Madrid.

This is home to Toronto FC and the priorities should begin and end there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Real Madrid coming to town is a huge deal.

And to see them in an intimate little aluminum can like BMO
    is something many people have dreamed about for years.

We get grass at bmo for that day too.

There are positives to this. That's all I'm saying is that if it was Liverpool. My team. I wouldn't care about schedule or price. Try to see it from a 'real' fan viewpoint.

Honestly

and out of the clouds and learn to enjoy your local club

It's been 3 short years of nationaly broadcast footy
    From a SSS in Toronto. I for one still remember a time
    when that was not the case.

WALK ON
    Fine sir, I'm not sure where to start here. First, for my own understanding I have corrected a few items to ensure I'm reading you correctly. Please let me now if I am.

Second, there are many that still value their foreign clubs over TFC, and they are the individuals who will most likely have your viewpoint. It's easy to say that you'd pay to watch Liverpool play over TFC, because you are a Liverpool supporter first. Your concerns about TFC are secondary.

If Toronto FC wanted to please the 'expats' from Spain, and any encompassing local fanboy, they certainly could have done that. They could have had Real Madrid play Athletico Madrid at SkyDome (I refuse to call it by the new name). Then Toronto FC would/could continue focusing on playoff entry and success.

Another point missed is the fact that fans have a history with MLSE, this provides perspective. With this in mind, I think it's important that voices of dissension are heard before things go too far. So there we go...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Real Madrid co ing to town is a hge grain deal

And to see them in an intimate lip aluminum can like jmo
    Is something many people uav dreamed about for years.

We get bass at bmo for a while too.

There are positives to this. That's all I'm sayin
    If it was Liverpool. My team. I wouldn't cqre about schedule
    Or price. Try to see it from a real fan viewpoint.

Honestly
    And out of the clouds and learn to enjoy your local club

it's been 3 short years of nationaly broadcast footy
    From a SSS in Toronto. I for one still remember a time when that was not the case

WALK ON
    For you TFC is definitely secondary club to cheer for, so no wonder you don't give a F*ck about rescheduling MLS game for useless friendly.

I'm not sure who has to pull his head out of his ass to be quite honest with you.
    We are supporting local team,and for us TFC is OUR TEAM,how about you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    For you TFC is definitely secondary club to cheer for, so no wonder you don't give a F*ck about rescheduling MLS game for useless friendly.
    TFC is my #1 team (I'm not a Euro snob.. grew up in Mississauga) and I don't mind that TFC rescheduled the MLS game. It does not inconvenience me at all. And I don't care about friendlies either.

Actually this is the best time to play New York, as they are venturing out on a crappy long road trip and they are at their lowest point.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree Pat. I read that and immediately thought "What a ridiculous statement."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    TFC is my #1 team (I'm not a Euro snob.. grew up in Mississauga) and I don't mind that TFC rescheduled the MLS game. It does not inconvenience me at all. And I don't care about friendlies either.
    Well then the problem is solved. Now, people can worry about those who are inconvenienced.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Did anyone else notice..

in Lance Hornby's piece Mo fuss at TFC's motives

Johnston has come under attack for not delivering some help in the backfield -- now underlined by injuries to Brennan and Marvell Wynne's just announced extended absence with the U.S. national team -- and for Chad Barrett's poor showing at striker. Johnston declined comment, promising to address all issues tomorrow.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lance Hornby seem to be trying to make a name for himself with this one.
    He's certainly taking running with a theme, one that many papers have ignored.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\