View Poll Results: Will you be going to the Real Madrid friendly match ?

Voters
439. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I will buy my tickets and go to the game

57 12.98%
  • I will but the tickets for family or friends but not attend personally

20 4.56%
  • I will buy the tickets but then try to scalp them

30 6.83%
  • I will not buy the tickets period

332 75.63%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much coin for my blood. If the ticket were reasonable I was considering just for the sake of cheering on our boys in a next to impossible game with lots of people cheering for the bad guys. But at $175 per ticket for 109. . . Sorry boys, you are on your own with this one. Thanks MLSE. Have fun selling 20,000 tickets at those prices.
    Father. . . Husband. . . Freemason. . . Redpatch Boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Real Madrid

Who cares about a friendly in August, we have more important games to play right now, by the time August roles around there maybe nothing left to play with by what is happening right now. Especially considering that Trader Mo, who use to trade players like Fred in Scoobie wheres Ascotts is now sitting back and doing absolutely NOTHING to improve our side! This season is all but done! Maybe that's why they are all talking about Real Madrid and not about who we play after clinching the Nutrilite Championship, or how will we stay in first....our focus is all messed up in the head office area!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Afra View Post
    Too much coin for my blood. If the ticket were reasonable I was considering just for the sake of cheering on our boys in a next to impossible game with lots of people cheering for the bad guys. But at $175 per ticket for 109. . . Sorry boys, you are on your own with this one. Thanks MLSE. Have fun selling 20,000 tickets at those prices.
    Exactly !
    I was thinking that i'd pay up to about $70, and honestly thought that's about what they would charge for 116. Cant believe the way they are trying to gouge us. Unless somebody on here wants my 4 tickets in 116, then will not be taking up this 'opportunity' !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe this will sellout with people who want to be seen or think they are better than TFC.

I don't go to midseason friendlies.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mikey

I don't think I'm eligible for these tickets, I just checked in the mirror and I can't find the word "MUG" on my forehead......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It wasn't in the season's ticket holder package (a game against lesser known River Plate of Argentina is), but those fans are getting a better price than Joe Public." Tom Anselmi

We're just so lucky to get that $15 off - thanks Tom, you're the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    "It wasn't in the season's ticket holder package (a game against lesser known River Plate of Argentina is), but those fans are getting a better price than Joe Public." Tom Anselmi

We're just so lucky to get that $15 off - thanks Tom, you're the best.
    is that the team we should have been playing in the CONCACAF this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when looking at this poll please remember not to look at percentages but the number of people that aren't going.

For example up to now, 98 people aren't going - that would lower the overall attendanece from say 20700 to 20602. This isn't even as bad as what cottage country does to dent the attendence. And of course I'm worngly assuming that your tickets won't be snagged up others.

My suggestion, scalp them for a rediculously large sum of money. Flip the script on the MLSE. By all means, have a mass scalp of the tix and give the profits away to charity - no need to be truly greedy...but I think that might be a better way to make a point.

'The RPB Scalp to Save Breast Cancer' - trademark TorontoBlades 6/9/2009

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBlades View Post
    is that the team we should have been playing in the CONCACAF this year?
    I believe it's some American. I don't know why he wanted to caome to the game but whaever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I thought that was Joe the Plumber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we got a better loyalty deal!!!!!

more respect than.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will not wast my time driving for Niagara putting $50 bucks in gas another $10 for parking $20 to $40 to go and get something to eat and three tickets $175.I say we go to the Blue Jay game again Baltimore wear are TFC gear.We could sit in the 500 level for $5 buck.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I thought that was Joe the Plumber
    HA! Shows how much tv I watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I get a bailout in the next couple days I might be able to afford $125 tickets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the option "My company has box seats"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much coin for my blood. If the ticket were reasonable I was considering just for the sake of cheering on our boys in a next to impossible game with lots of people cheering for the bad guys. But at $175 per ticket for 109. . .
    This is what I was thinking before the prices were announced. Add in a few beers, travel to and from the game, etc. Gets beyond my budget for a friendly.

Heck, I would have maybe bit if they offered to credit the value they have on our Int'l Friendly against the cost so it would have only cost me another $65 to see this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figure we just book a vacation sometime next year, hit up england and spain, grab a few matches, it might be cheaper if we book the flights now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$150.00 for Section 220. Screw that. Staying home and watch it on TV.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

when looking at this poll please remember not to look at percentages but the number of people that aren't going.
    No, you're wrong. Percentages is exactly what you should be looking at. This poll so far only reflects a portion of RPBers, who are only a portion of overall TFC support and ticket holders. But based on the responses so far over 80% of voters are staying away, a trend you would expect to continue when/if voter numbers increase.

I can only hope that MLSE takes it in the face like Rogers did over the Bills in Toronto fiasco.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example up to now, 98 people aren't going - that would lower the overall attendanece from say 20700 to 20602. This isn't even as bad as what cottage country does to dent the attendence. And of course I'm worngly assuming that your tickets won't be snagged up others.

My suggestion, scalp them for a rediculously large sum of money. Flip the script on the MLSE. By all means, have a mass scalp of the tix and give the profits away to charity - no need to be truly greedy...but I think that might be a better way to make a point.

'The RPB Scalp to Save Breast Cancer' - trademark TorontoBlades 6/9/2009
    There's no evidence to suggest that the market can support this type of pricing. Perhaps MLSE has done their own market research but pricing of other Euro vs Euro games in NA has been substantially lower than this. In fact, it's been almost 50% less per ticket. And now we're in a recession/depression.

50% extra is a huge jump that entails risk. The question is how much risk, not is there any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    No, you're wrong. Percentages is exactly what you should be looking at. This poll so far only reflects a portion of RPBers, who are only a portion of overall TFC support and ticket holders. But based on the responses so far over 80% of voters are staying away, a trend you would expect to continue when/if voter numbers increase.

I can only hope that MLSE takes it in the face like Rogers did over the Bills in Toronto fiasco.

I think you're looking at 80% of "supporters" (i.e. south end) not purchasing the tickets, and approx 50-60% of "other" season ticket holders not buying them.

So that leaves about 12,000 or so tickets for "joe public"? I still gotta think they will sell this thing out.

I_AM_CANADIAN

^ I saw Italy play at Skydome for less than $40 about 5-6 years ago, just to add another example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    I disagree, this board is not reflective of the over 50% casual fan season ticket base. This board has supporters who are upset with the FO, the casual fan is not. I think this game will sell out, but will do so with greater support for Real than TFC

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Agreed. If I lurked casual-like on this board I'd stay the hell away if I was pro on this issue.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going.
    c'mon you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rviewmirror View Post
    I disagree, this board is not reflective of the over 50% casual fan season ticket base. This board has supporters who are upset with the FO, the casual fan is not. I think this game will sell out, but will do so with greater support for Real than TFC
    Actually, I've offered up my tickets to the casual fans I know and all of them declined. 1 of them is a big Real fan and he has no idea what's going on with the FO and supporters. This is the same guy that contacted me the day it was announced Real was coming so that he could get tickets. To be honest, I don't see alot of interest at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I'd rather spend two hours of quality time with a really hot prostitute
    Post of the Year candidate right here!!!

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$175 dollar tickets for section 109!!

These guys are NUTS!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    I'm going.
    Thasit?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't pay it. No way. $1800 for the season was already putting myself in enough debt. If I was going to spend the money I would rather buy tickets for a playoff game that matters if we make it that far.