Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gixmo

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    ??? what does our current pitch have to do with anything? are people that dumb that they have to throw them??
    I was posting in reference to ilikemusic in burning the pitch. If it was to happen and say perhaps a flare hits the pitch, the cost is substantially more. It was a tongue in cheek reference to 'burnin that piece of shit rug'

I'm all for it, believe me like I said Columbus was great to be involved in, it was incredible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRed View Post
    Well I realized that it was near impossible to get a unified decision from RPB to use flares so I had to think outside the box and come up with something that satisfies RPB and still looks spectacular. I understand RPB has to follow rules set by FO or else their priveladges get reduced (atleast that's what I am guessing will happen..you guys know better). And because how strictly RPB follows these rules is what makes me feel like this is more of a coroporate version of a support group. I know that you guys ARE true supporters and just can't wait to break off the "chains" of MLSE and use smoke bombs and flares (as seen in Colombus) ..BUT because of these "chains" RPB comes across more of a corporate support group.
    I didn't realise there were other SG using flares in the stadium.

Rejecting flares isn't a group decision, it's an unavoidable necessity. If we all agreed to flout the rules and start a flareshow in the south end, the fire dept would shut us down, many would get banned, the ministry of health and safety would fuck BMO field, there would be government directives protecting BMO field employees from safety hazards, and there would be no more 'supporter section'

That's less likely to happen down south, but here, you can't smoke ten feet from the door of a pub without breaking the workplace health and safety laws.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I realized that it was near impossible to get a unified decision from RPB to use flares so I had to think outside the box and come up with something that satisfies RPB and still looks spectacular. I understand RPB has to follow rules set by FO or else their priveladges get reduced (atleast that's what I am guessing will happen..you guys know better). And because how strictly RPB follows these rules is what makes me feel like this is more of a coroporate version of a support group. I know that you guys ARE true supporters and just can't wait to break off the "chains" of MLSE and use smoke bombs and flares (as seen in Colombus) ..BUT because of these "chains" RPB comes across more of a corporate support group.

PS: I am still awaiting to hear from you guys in regards to using smoke bomb along with the red sirens...without smoke bombs it will look pathetic and hence no go. I have 2 sample sirens and they look great.
    As Tony Soprano said...."You don't shit where you eat".

That 'decision' is out of our hands.

See Exiled's post above me as to why its not going to happen. Even our friends in the North realize this, and there are more into that stuff than we are.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, let's go with emergency lights and sirens.

Because that idea certainly wouldn't make us look corporate.

I mean, it's not like almost every supermarket or speciality store down in the US uses them at every chance to promote some shitty product or anything.

Because it's not like the term BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL has anything to do with a flashing light or anything.

No, I totally agree that flashing emergency light would certainly give us the authentic look we need to create at BMO Field. Anything else would be...well...corporate.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    As Tony Soprano said...."You don't shit where you eat".

That 'decision' is out of our hands.

See Exiled's post above me as to why its not going to happen. Even our friends in the North realize this, and there are more into that stuff than we are.

This is what I was saying...it's not the RPB members that don't want to do these things but the FO and all of these over the top regulations from the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post

No, I totally agree that flashing emergency light would certainly give us the authentic look we need to create at BMO Field. Anything else would be...well...corporate.
    You obviously did not get the point.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done chicago looks awesome

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, thats awesome, good on 'em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS: I am still awaiting to hear from you guys in regards to using smoke bomb along with the red sirens...without smoke bombs it will look pathetic and hence no go. I have 2 sample sirens and they look great.
    No, it's not a matter of privileges being reduced but of people having their season tickets revoked, facing criminal prosecution, and banning from BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just in: ML$E will be providing patrons to the Real Madrid friendly with commemorative "loyalty flares", the cost is only $30 or $27 for SSH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do have a night game coming up this weekend don't we????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Oooh Fire!!!! Me Big Man!!! Me Love Fire!!

geez... everytime I see these things I just don't get the attraction to it.
    But if I were 14 again, maybe I would....
    You're right. If something goes wrong, it's hard to make a speedy getaway with a walker.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Cashcleaner

You obviously did not get the point.
    Relax, I'm just busting your balls for a really bad idea.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 06-09-2009 at 12:47 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dunno about u guys but i think thats beautiful, and u all should do it. whats the worst that could happens? the flare dies out and thats it.

the light idea would make u guys look lame IMHO....

flares have always been used in soccer games, all over the world, in all leagues, i dont see what the bad idea is with using them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all for it ... we need to show the suits that we can use flares safely without throwing them on the field ...

I find it hard to believe that they will kick out a whole section if we put on our show and then put the flares out like section 8 did ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    I'm all for it ... we need to show the suits that we can use flares safely without throwing them on the field ...

I find it hard to believe that they will kick out a whole section if we put on our show and then put the flares out like section 8 did ...
    theres no way they would kick anyone out for it, if half a dozen ppl do it, enough smoke will be around for nobody to even get spotted out lol
    just dont ever throw one on the pitch....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post

The way to do that is to approach the FO and work out a plan to do this. That would include having designated flare people who are the only ones that will have them. Then a plan to put them out afterwards.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    The way to do that is to approach the FO and work out a plan to do this. That would include having designated flare people who are the only ones that will have them. Then a plan to put them out afterwards.
    i would think that this would have a 'monkey see, monkey do" effect

some south end tourist thinking, hey these guys have flares, why cant I? (not knowing that they are designated flare men).

i dunno, i'd love to see it though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would luv to see the faces of the security if this was to happen pure pandamonium, plus with there vinly yellow jackets they would be advised not to come within 20 feet of those flares or else we will have yellow coloured flares as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NateDoGG View Post
    i dunno about u guys but i think thats beautiful, and u all should do it. whats the worst that could happens? the flare dies out and thats it.

the light idea would make u guys look lame IMHO....

flares have always been used in soccer games, all over the world, in all leagues, i dont see what the bad idea is with using them

I think you underestimate what the worst could actually be. The worst includes fire, death, arrests, lawsuits and the ruining of people's lives. Perhaps you have heard the warning - Don't play with fire.

Handheld flares in a crowded space is a stupid and irresponsible idea. I wish people here would give up on this kind of talk. It will always be illegal in the City of Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mabey we should ask this guy what he thinks.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC John View Post
    I think you underestimate what the worst could actually be. The worst includes fire, death, arrests, lawsuits and the ruining of people's lives. Perhaps you have heard the warning - Don't play with fire.

Handheld flares in a crowded space is a stupid and irresponsible idea. I wish people here would give up on this kind of talk. It will always be illegal in the City of Toronto.
    out of all the flares ive seen in football, never once have i seen a fire or death caused by any of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^+1

just fabrications
    laast time i checked they would put something thats hazardous in a safety kit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC John View Post

This is TRUE! I have heard of flares blowing up whole entire stadiums!! Back in 82, I believe a whole city was burned to the ground due to a flare...it is more then dangerous, it is Armageddon! unleashing flares upon BMO will only mean one thing...the destruction of our beautiful stadium and perhaps even CITY! maybe even COUNTRY!...hard to tell depending how many flares we're talking about...if it goes into double digit flares, I'm buying the first plane ticket out of this soon to be in flames country...GOD SAVE US ALL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Message to TFC John
    Your post was the voice of sanity but it's a waste of time trying to debate this issue. There are a group of pyromaniacs here that seem to bring this issue up on a weekly basis. The last time we had flares at BMO field someone was injured and a couple of stupid kids were arrested.
    I promised myself to ignore this subject but here I go again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those that don't know TFC John is a firefighter....so he has a different perspective on things.

Good on S8 for doing that last week, but we are never going to be able to do them without being jumped by cops and security.

Lets work on something we can use a bit more responsibly....SMOKE BOMBS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BleedRed View Post
    This is TRUE! I have heard of flares blowing up whole entire stadiums!! Back in 82, I believe a whole city was burned to the ground due to a flare...it is more then dangerous, it is Armageddon! unleashing flares upon BMO will only mean one thing...the destruction of our beautiful stadium and perhaps even CITY! maybe even COUNTRY!...hard to tell depending how many flares we're talking about...if it goes into double digit flares, I'm buying the first plane ticket out of this soon to be in flames country...GOD SAVE US ALL!
    Mate, it doesn't matter whether they're safe or not.

If you want to debate with the Fire dept, and the ministry of health and safety why we can't have flares, then write them a fuckin' letter. good luck.

Don't come on here bitching at supporters because they're not prepared to face charges for breaking provincial and municipal laws.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how they dedicate their flare show to DANNY DICHIO as well.

that was nice.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ LOL so true.

But i wish this could happen at BMO + Smoke Bombs + Whole South Side co-ordinated...

Maybe one day..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Mate, it doesn't matter whether they're safe or not.

If you want to debate with the Fire dept, and the ministry of health and safety why we can't have flares, then write them a fuckin' letter. good luck.

Don't come on here bitching at supporters because they're not prepared to face charges for breaking provincial and municipal laws.
    Did you even read my post?

Did you know eating too much dairy can kill you? So can flares! So can bacteria that someone may be allergic to anywhere in the world!!! So can the stands if they collapse at BMO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BleedRed View Post
    Did you even read my post?

Did you know eating too much dairy can kill you? So can flares! So can bacteria that someone may be allergic to anywhere in the world!!! So can the stands if they collapse at BMO!
    Did you read mine?

It began stating the irrelevance of how safe or unsafe they are.

I didn't write provincial law, I didn't chip in on the health and safety rulings, and I don't necessarily agree with all of them either, so your sarcasm is wasted.