Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    Well I've said it before....I will not walkout if RPB decides too.
    And we've decided not to as a group. So we can drop "if the group decides to walk I won't" issue.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who else is in the west stand? either 100 or 200 level, amongst the more expensive tickets or in front of the boxes where the tv people and presumably most of the fo, and their most important sponsors are?

Let's do something right in their faces. maybe at half time while the tv summarisers are doing their thing. Show them that it's not just the common folk in the cheap seats that are pissed.

I'm near the back of 224. I'll say up front that i'm not the type to be starting shit, but if shit's going down, I'm pissed off enough to join in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    maybe pre game -- when FO's come to the game -- post game, chances are they left already -- but pre-game, they have to come -- we can give them an earful when coming in
    yes we sould do this on saturday but lets make sure we do not block the player from coming in

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I personally think you need 2 discussions.

The HOW and WHY

Most people seemed to have great ideas as to how to protest and surely you'll come to some conclusion that will get noticed.

The WHY part is more ellusive.

You need to simply your reason for protest, otherwise, how will you know if it has been successful.

"Taking MLSE Shit" is a fine sentiment, but you can't measure actions on it nor does it give the public/media any real idea what you are pissed at. If the media can't express it in a simple, easy to report on manner, they are just going to look away (as CBC did during the broadcast yesterday).

That's not effective.

Maybe it's a list of things but they need to be consolidated and expressed in a way that is measureable. You need to give MLSE an "out" so to speak in a way that says they addressed your concerns.

"We want the grass to be permanent as of Aug 8th" is an example.

"We want standing sections at the upper rows of the stadium by 2010" is another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Sorry to say but our protest was a joke -- was there even a protest???????? I never seen so much red -- what happened??????????

Gate 4 wasnt too bad -- wish it was longer with addition chants to belittle the FO but, it wasnt bad

Unclassy of USECTOR to start a chant against the NEE about leaving -- totally unclassy
    I guess an all round FAIL. Embarrassing protest after media outlets even took note. ML$E are probably laughing at us right now.

What did U-Sector say? I missed the first 15 minutes and missed NEE's walkout. Mad props to them for being the only ones with balls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    "We want standing sections at the upper rows of the stadium by 2010" is another.
    Because that is the most pressing issue at hand right now?...If that was purely just meant as an example then ok, but otherwise, I think there's alot more important things going on that need attention...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The first 3 minutes of the game was golden. Everyone was dead quiet. Then the chanting started, not very loud but it was there. The first half was dead. The second half though, seemed it all went out the window and things were semi-normal.

Anyone see dichio's reaction to his goal? Golden! Was he pissed at the supporters?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Because that is the most pressing issue at hand right now?...If that was purely just meant as an example then ok, but otherwise, I think there's alot more important things going on that need attention...
    Just an example... was trying to think of specific, measurable way to express sentiment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Just an example... was trying to think of specific, measurable way to express sentiment.
    Fair enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow guys. There really is something about the game of football that brings out a passion in all of us. Everyone has an opinion about why we are having all these negative thoughts and reactions. I was at gate 4 yesterday and I noticed that all the positive posts about the protest are from those that were present and the negative posts have generally come from those that were not there. WTF!!!! How can you make a judgement if you are not there. If you were there, you saw that there was a presence at gate 4 from the stadium staff (suits) that heard us loud and clear.
    This was the first protest and we can build from there if we have to.
    To me there is only 1 issue that needs to be addressed. GRASS, GRASS, GRASS.
    The D.P. issue would probably be solved.
    The Real Madrid fiasco would not hurt as much.
    The Champions League playoffs would be coming to T.O., because the players would not be so beat up.
    My son and I stayed behind to get some photo's of the players as they left. Every one of them were limping, some in visible pain, because they are forced to play on that shit synthetic crap.
    We need one issue to work on and that is where we need to focus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll never get a good protest either because most people are just so trained at birth to do what they are told, in this case, keep showing up and stayin in the stadium. I think the though that tickets are paid for, but walking out anyways, just doesnt compute in 80% of thew populace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    The first 3 minutes of the game was golden. Everyone was dead quiet. Then the chanting started, not very loud but it was there. The first half was dead. The second half though, seemed it all went out the window and things were semi-normal.

Anyone see dichio's reaction to his goal? Golden! Was he pissed at the supporters?
    From emails back and for to each other, I almost guarentee you hes not pissed at the supporters.

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiin View Post
    You'll never get a good protest either because most people are just so trained at birth to do what they are told, in this case, keep showing up and stayin in the stadium. I think the though that tickets are paid for, but walking out anyways, just doesnt compute in 80% of thew populace.
    1. It defies logic
    2. We need to send a message to the FO not the players

Please send me a link to the NEE board so I can let you know how ineffective and inappropriate your actions were

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post
    1. It defies logic
    2. We need to send a message to the FO not the players

Please send me a link to the NEE board so I can let you know how ineffective and 1. inappropriate your actions were
    1. LOL Are we getting punished?

2. Your not informed and I'd suggest otherwise, but if you must...www.thenorthendelite.com

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was there I can't find the Forum, lemme drink a coffee then I'll sign up.

No one's being punished, I mean you're native north Americans you been castrated.

Everyone's quick to pick up a picket sign but no one wants to throw a brick, when it's obvious thats the only shit these people will listen to. this isn't about violence it's about a revolution.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He was yelling "This is what it's about" while grabbing the TFC crest on his jersey. Contrary to what some think, he wasn't kissing it. Just displaying it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post
    I was there I can't find the Forum, lemme drink a coffee then I'll sign up.

No one's being punished, I mean you're native north Americans you been castrated.

Everyone's quick to pick up a picket sign but no one wants to throw a brick, when it's obvious thats the only shit these people will listen to. this isn't about violence it's about a revolution.
    Not sure what your on about completely, but kind of interested. http://www.kickabola.com/index.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALL FOR O...!

Hmmm...Why is it you talk about RPB as if it were a separate entity from yourself? Didn't you pay the membership thus making you a member thus making you RPB? I'm confused

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what happened with the protest yesterday? all i saw on the broadcast was nothing but red. sure the flags were gone, but everything else seemed the same so it just made us look like bad supporters on TV.

big time FAIL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well great to know you'll do your own shit regardless of what the group FAIRLY and Democratically decides.... You think a lot of the NEE guy's weren't thinking the same? It's called sacrifice... for the team and the group.

I really don't understand why we have a group and a President if everyone is going to do their own shit...

Here's a great message... everyone do their OWN shit... How are our protests NOT supposed to FAIL this way??
    Last edited by FluSH; 06-07-2009 at 09:20 AM.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take on the protest:

Firstly, I came late to the game because I was watching the Croatia game but I heard about the NEE walkout and the U-Sector anti-chant. Respect to the NEE for having the unity and delivering on their promise. I'm confused about what U-Sector actually is or does to be frank.

Secondly, I came to the game wearing black and I did NOT chant (only cheered once after the Dichio goal because he's our legend). I was so surprised and disappointed to see all the red in all the supporter's sections. Maybe the word will catch on and this can be done better next time.

Finally, the march and protest to Gate 4 was small but well done. I was pretty much in the front and thought it was passionate and we got our point across. Jack worked the megaphone well. I think getting more people and more media coverage will be key for next time.

Now for next time, SPREAD THE WORD!.... DO NOT WEAR RED at the very least!

TO ALL THOSE RPB MEMBERS WHO DON'T FOLLOW THROUGH WITH YOUR LEADERSHIPS DECISIONS --- Do everyone a favour and renounce your membership, if you're not going to be a part of the group then why did you sign up? Do you just think it's cool to tell people you're an RPB? Do you even know what it means to be a part of a supporter's group?

I, by choice, am not officially affiliated with any group, but I KNOW what it means to be a supporter and I will do my best to not let MLSE ruin our beloved team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan16 View Post
    so what happened with the protest yesterday? all i saw on the broadcast was nothing but red. sure the flags were gone, but everything else seemed the same so it just made us look like bad supporters on TV.

big time FAIL.
    red seats ... distracts from any attempt to wear off colours

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC~Vatreni View Post
    My take on the protest:

Firstly, I came late to the game because I was watching the Croatia game but I heard about the NEE walkout and the U-Sector anti-chant. Respect to the NEE for having the unity and delivering on their promise. I'm confused about what U-Sector actually is or does to be frank.
    There's a lot of new supporters that ask me the same question... besides Rudi and a few others who talk to TFC FO and broker off deals... I can't tell you what they do... I just don't know.

I can certainly tell you what NEE does... and they do it well.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC~Vatreni View Post
    My take on the protest:

Secondly, I came to the game wearing black and I did NOT chant (only cheered once after the Dichio goal because he's our legend). I was so surprised and disappointed to see all the red in all the supporter's sections. Maybe the word will catch on and this can be done better next time.

Finally, the march and protest to Gate 4 was small but well done. I was pretty much in the front and thought it was passionate and we got our point across. Jack worked the megaphone well. I think getting more people and more media coverage will be key for next time.

Now for next time, SPREAD THE WORD!.... DO NOT WEAR RED at the very least!

TO ALL THOSE RPB MEMBERS WHO DON'T FOLLOW THROUGH WITH YOUR LEADERSHIPS DECISIONS --- Do everyone a favour and renounce your membership, if you're not going to be a part of the group then why did you sign up? Do you just think it's cool to tell people you're an RPB? Do you even know what it means to be a part of a supporter's group?

I, by choice, am not officially affiliated with any group, but I KNOW what it means to be a supporter and I will do my best to not let MLSE ruin our beloved team.
    Unfortunately answer is NO,they don't know.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was there at the protest yesterday and supported the actions 100%, but I do have to say that its a delicate balance (the protesting business). I think RPB has a lot of very valuable members that organize, attend road trips, sing and chant during the game, do tailgates, etc. I think contribution comes in many different ways. So I am not upset about people not attending the march, but upset about those who did wear the colours ? How much effort would it have been ? You can disagree with the group but you keep those differences to yourself and not vocalize them outside the group. That is what pisses me off...you dont want to protest fine. Which brings me back to my first point, its a delicate balance to be an inclusive group that brings TFC fans together...but if there is a requirement for the members to do something...you either do it...dont show up...or leave the group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan16 View Post

big time FAIL.

Were you looking at 112. Very few red shirts there. Those at the beginning who were wearing them, took them off in support.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a ton of red in 112. More red than non it seemed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the protest yesterday. I missed the march to gate 4, so I just moseyed over there. It was funny, there were 3 cops that were walking the same direction, and one guy yells to the cops "Officer are you going to stop the 20 people protesting?" At that time I cut between both of them and yelled to him "You guys better make that 21!"

For the people that did turn out, thank you! The two guys on the mega-phones great job! Jack great job of addressing why we're there.

If the RPB organize another one, you have 6 days a bit more than what you had for this last one. One note, is that a lot of fans didn't know what was going on, I didn't even know NEE walked out...but I did notice they weren't there. As a SG you guys have access to making banners and displaying them, can you use that real estate to make your point? If this was discussed before I apologize and just ignore this suggestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If weneed to be heard we have to do ir right .My 2 cents i think we choose agame show up at the tailgate as many of us as possible either we stay out and cheer for the team from out side or go in and walk out after O CANADA and still go out to the tailgate do the same thing we cheer for the team and we are against the B S .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I was at the protest yesterday. I missed the march to gate 4, so I just moseyed over there. It was funny, there were 3 cops that were walking the same direction, and one guy yells to the cops "Officer are you going to stop the 20 people protesting?" At that time I cut between both of them and yelled to him "You guys better make that 21!"

For the people that did turn out, thank you! The two guys on the mega-phones great job! Jack great job of addressing why we're there.

If the RPB organize another one, you have 6 days a bit more than what you had for this last one. One note, is that a lot of fans didn't know what was going on, I didn't even know NEE walked out...but I did notice they weren't there. As a SG you guys have access to making banners and displaying them, can you use that real estate to make your point? If this was discussed before I apologize and just ignore this suggestion.
    I's suggest waiting a bit longer, we definitely gave them something to think about, if not from what we were chanting then from the attention it garnered.

With large corporations it can take a bit for the wheels to turn, but it might be a good idea to see if anything was spurred by this protest before we lay it on them again.

There was a cameraman there as well, did the protest make the news?