Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC players and supporters

I watched last nights game in horror, then had the distinct pleasure of lurking on this board and getting repeatedly kicked. I'm not sure what many people here think we do in the front office, but its not what has been suggested.

I, nor any of my staff, nor the coaching staff, have ever (to my knowledge) even remotely suggested any kind of behaviour toward supporters groups, except that the team must always acknowledge their fans, in good games and in bad ones.

I've seen Chris mention it in EVERY SINGLE team talk that has taken place at BMO since he took over. One entire pre-game match was dedicated to this subject. About being professional, and humble and remembering where you come from. We have CBC angry with us because the players who are to be on the post game interview take too long because they are out there applauding you.

And yet I watched last night as a suggestion became a rumour became accepted as fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread should be awesome fast.

I'll be back in a half hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    This thread should be awesome fast.

I'll be back in a half hour.
    half an hour?? give it 10 minutes.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    I watched last nights game in horror, then had the distinct pleasure of lurking on this board and getting repeatedly kicked. I'm not sure what many people here think we do in the front office, but its not what has been suggested.

I, nor any of my staff, nor the coaching staff, have ever (to my knowledge) even remotely suggested any kind of behaviour toward supporters groups, except that the team must always acknowledge their fans, in good games and in bad ones.

I've seen Chris mention it in EVERY SINGLE team talk that has taken place at BMO since he took over. One entire pre-game match was dedicated to this subject. About being professional, and humble and remembering where you come from. We have CBC angry with us because the players who are to be on the post game interview take too long because they are out there applauding you.

And yet I watched last night as a suggestion became a rumour became accepted as fact.
    Far be it for me to speak for the group, but I think what the fans by and large feel that what you do at the front office isn't good enough. If you want to talk about the Real Madrid friendly -- which is being boycotted by another supporter group, by the way -- or about what happened last night or the past weekend at Houston, I think the opinion of the front office has been pretty much the same.

I think perhaps if you've lurked on this board, you may have seen that some are talking about manifesting their displeasure beyond just the written word.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 1: Why were the warm-ups removed from the supporters area? There used to be fantastic interactions between the supporters and team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has he ever mentioned trying to score in his team talks?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Question 1: Why were the warm-ups removed from the supporters area? There used to be fantastic interactions between the supporters and team.
    Huh??? Did I miss something?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must feel pretty betrayed. Imagine how we feel when we walk past scalpers on your own property? Or when we see scalped seats we've reported always being filled with different people who admit it. Or see the craigslist postings.

Imagine how we felt last night, watching a game we should have had in hand go so poor because the pieces, which we've stated for months are missing, weren't there.

Imagine how we feel, those of us going to Montreal in 2 weeks, to get shit on by 11,000 people looking forward to watching us fail.

My fucking heart breaks for you...

I like that the players applaud us, so we're doing our job. You guys wanna start doing yours?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2: You removed press passes from qualified supporters who covered the team with interviews and questions that were entertaining, with frivolity. Much beyond what their favorite colour is. Knowing that this coverage is brutal, why have you not improved it?

T-Bird

By posting and lurking on the forum board I think it confirms what we all think you guys do...nothing

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird View Post
    By posting and lurking on the forum board I think it confirms what we all think you guys do...nothing

Now Now, how could you forget their most important task everyday, twittering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have CBC angry with us.
    I think that CBC being angry is the last of your problems right now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird View Post
    actually, Paul is the only staff member who lurks during work (or so I've heard from staff). They aren't really allowed to waster their time here.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 3: Why have you not appointed a coach/manager that has had multiple years of experience running a team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    actually, Paul is the only staff member who lurks during work (or so I've heard from staff). They aren't really allowed to waster their time here.
    They all check the boards.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 4: Where did you go?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ben_vw View Post
    They all check the boards.
    yes, but they don't post (at least none have been outed as staffers)

olegunnar

That must have changed.

Anton Wimmer told me in year one that they all shared PBs mlsintoronto handle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shawn6597 View Post
    LOLing out loud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is mlsintoronto? Does he work for MLSE or is he just a troll?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post

hahaa both!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What we think you should do is smarten the fukk up and put something on the field that is going to compete to their full standards. And if you are working for the money hungry MLSE tell them the same! And if you think were to hard on you guys un tuck your fukking balls in between your legs my friend because IMAGINE the heat we take as SUPPORTERS for your organizations FUKK UPS!! As a TFC fan from day 1, life long Leafs fan (massive tattoo on my arm) and a Raps fan all I get is shit thrown at me cause the teams never perform!! And the problem is, I love them all to death and will continue to support them meaning Your ass will still get paid! Were not saying get rid of MLSE, were saying get rid of the FUKKING big boys cause they Don't give a shit!!

Start with Richard (finger up my ass) Peddie!! and if they keep going on like this YOUR ass should be canned also!!!

I"M FUKKING PISSED AND CAN"T PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT ANYMORE!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Beirne

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is pointless. Paul - your credibility as someone who supports what RPB has done is lost by many. Your true colours have been exposed... Though I saw through it the day you asked us to remove banners from in front of 111... over two years ago.

OK. OK. Next Question: How can you justify waiting so long to announce a STH friendly? Pretty pathetic don't you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vhoghul View Post
    You must feel pretty betrayed. Imagine how we feel when we walk past scalpers on your own property? Or when we see scalped seats we've reported always being filled with different people who admit it. Or see the craigslist postings.

Imagine how we felt last night, watching a game we should have had in hand go so poor because the pieces, which we've stated for months are missing, weren't there.

Imagine how we feel, those of us going to Montreal in 2 weeks, to get shit on by 11,000 people looking forward to watching us fail.

My fucking heart breaks for you...

I like that the players applaud us, so we're doing our job. You guys wanna start doing yours?
    +1

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mod note: a few posts (some of mine too) were cleaned to keep this thread on track.

don't take offence to it KP (err... PK). our issue isn't the issue here. question away....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shawn6597 View Post
    The ol hit and run.
    He's almost as ellusive as Mo when you ask him about things like DP's and grass.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone help me out as to what he is alluding to here?

I've tried to follow most of the post on the forum today but there are just too many threads and posts.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mod note: a few posts (some of mine too) were cleaned to keep this thread on track.

don't take offence to it KP (err... PK). our issue isn't the issue here. question away....

No worries - good move.