Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I can not wait untill Toronto gets a second team and the seas part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    I watched last nights game in horror, then had the distinct pleasure of lurking on this board and getting repeatedly kicked. I'm not sure what many people here think we do in the front office, but its not what has been suggested.

I, nor any of my staff, nor the coaching staff, have ever (to my knowledge) even remotely suggested any kind of behaviour toward supporters groups, except that the team must always acknowledge their fans, in good games and in bad ones.

I've seen Chris mention it in EVERY SINGLE team talk that has taken place at BMO since he took over. One entire pre-game match was dedicated to this subject. About being professional, and humble and remembering where you come from. We have CBC angry with us because the players who are to be on the post game interview take too long because they are out there applauding you.

And yet I watched last night as a suggestion became a rumour became accepted as fact.
    You know what? Our front office in New York would give ANYTHING to have the support that Toronto enjoys on a consistent basis. The people you are complaining to will have no sympathy, particularly when your front office is pulling these stunts, all of which are a smack in the face to your supporters.

The support your franchise receives is a privilege in MLS. No other team outside of Seattle enjoys the following that you have. I come from a city where MLS used to mean something. For years New York was the most well-supported team in the league, and we were mediocre at best too. Now what is left is the core supporters groups and a few masochistic souls who watch the team lose on a consistent basis. It can happen to you too, and it will if you and MLSE do not fix it.

Maybe I'm out of order for commenting on this issue, but I sympathize with the Toronto supporters on this. You can't expect to treat your fans like consumers and expect them to keep coming back for more, not when you try to charge them absurd prices for a friendly, no matter who it's with. Especially not when you just crashed out of competing in the Americas with the top clubs (like we in NY are this year).

In short, I'm sick of seeing the supporters clubs being treated like crap by front office's across the league. What they, and what all supporters clubs give to the club is nothing like you see in ANY other sport in this hemisphere. When you patronize them and trivialize their support, you will lose them, and you will have a huge mess on your hands. I've seen it happen first hand, and we're only now beginning to recover. Keep that in mind, Toronto could become the next Metrostars. Respect your supporters, at the end of the day they are all you have.

By the way, our season ticket holders got to watch us play Barca for free. And they just won the champions league.
    Last edited by ESC 101; 06-03-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by this is joga View Post
    yeah i do understand.. i just disagree that you're getting killed. and if you feel like you are, please stop supporting the club.

if i felt like i was getting raped by MLSE i would not renew my season tickets.. if someone on the street is shitting on you are you gonna continue standing there - probably not. so move on if you feel like you've been done wrong.
    Doesn't this statement fly in the face of your previous post that was against a 'walkout' or protest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ESC 101 View Post
    You know what? Our front office in New York would give ANYTHING to have the support that Toronto enjoys on a consistent basis. The people you are complaining to will have no sympathy, particularly when your front office is pulling these stunts, all of which are a smack in the face to your supporters.

The support your franchise receives is a privilege in MLS. No other team outside of Seattle enjoys the following that you have. I come from a city where MLS used to mean something. For years New York was the most well-supported team in the league, and we were mediocre at best too. Now what is left is the core supporters groups and a few masochistic souls who watch the team lose on a consistent basis. It can happen to you too, and it will if you and MLSE do not fix it.

Maybe I'm out of order for commenting on this issue, but I sympathize with the Toronto supporters on this. You can't expect to treat your fans like consumers and expect them to keep coming back for more, not when you try to charge them absurd prices for a friendly, no matter who it's with. Especially not when you just crashed out of competing in the Americas with the top clubs (like we in NY are this year).

In short, I'm sick of seeing the supporters clubs being treated like crap by front office's across the league. What they, and what all supporters clubs give to the club is nothing like you see in ANY other sport in this hemisphere. When you patronize them and trivialize their support, you will lose them, and you will have a huge mess on your hands. I've seen it happen first hand, and we're only now beginning to recover. Keep that in mind, Toronto could become the next Metrostars. Respect your supporters, at the end of the day they are all you have.
    this post...I like it

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TV thing is a crock... a pull the wool over your eyes maneuver. In other countries ie. Japan the team does a lap and bows to their supporters. I'm not demanding this from the players but mutual support Team to supporters is something that should go hand in hand. I highly doubt the likes of Jim Brennan had to be asked to acknowledge the supporters. Another B.S. story from Paul...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post
    See jogga once again it's Toronto Til I die. I get to choose when to give up if ever. I get to fight for my club even if the owners are content to sp coffee and smoke big cigars, but I know I had it coming, I know I can't be free, cuz this team I'll keep supportin', and thats what tortures me.
    i agree.. and fully understand.

i am not trying to tell anyone how to go about supporting their club... im just giving my opinion (and we all know that opinions are like assholes, we all have one)

you are in your right to be angry and support the club anyway you see fit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm pretty sure some people at the club would like nothing more than to have NO supporter club than have ones that think they have a say in the way a club is run.
    Of course they don't want the hassle, but joga we aren't going ANYWHERE!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you ESC101 !

your post is appreciated because it let's these guys know that were just not flying off the seat of our pants. We pour money, time, and heart into our team and to be mocked the way we are by the dude that takes credit for this passion is completely B.S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your not reading what i am saying... i just think that if you're not happy, than don't support. just b/c i disagree with you on this matter doesn't mean i can't voice my opinion. i don;t wanna see this group or any supporter group go away, although if you feel this strongly about the the club doing you wrong, than maybe you should stop supporting them.

although we all agree that the business of sport is not the same as the ordinary work place.. it simply doesn't the same way - we all know that.

why is hostile towards me? chill out buddy... if you don't agree with me, say so. no need to get all internet tough guy on me.
    I get irritated when people speak on my behalf. Specially when everyone here has stated why they are pissed about the friendlies. So it's a dumb cheap shot to guarantee something you can't even back up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Doesn't this statement fly in the face of your previous post that was against a 'walkout' or protest?
    not at all... you can do what ever you see fit. i am still against a walk out - or should i say, i wouldn't walk out. you can do whatever you see fit, im not gonna stop any of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if someone on the street is shitting on you are you gonna continue standing there - probably not. so move on if you feel like you've been done wrong.
    I'd say "Hey you fuck, I paid to stand in this spot, even more so year after year. The only reason you're even here is because 20,000 people declared this our house. Now fuck off and stop shitting"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post
    They do it out of appreciation this guy is a total clown, in my humble opinion only.
    No...they actually don't. That's the one thing he said that was legit in his post. What was the point of him making this thread again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I get irritated when people speak on my behalf. Specially when everyone here has stated why they are pissed about the friendlies. So it's a dumb cheap shot to guarantee something you can't even back up.
    i get it man, still no need to jump all over me.. i understand your pissed - so am i. although i'm not gonna jump on you on this board. no worries, i get it and no harm no foul. its all good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14039

Pimpin aint easy but somebody gotta do it

Anyone who wants to get involved, help in the organization and planning of our bid, get over there or to the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...5658974&ref=nf (logo curtesy of Mcgill. thanks man)

olegunnar

not at all... you can do what ever you see fit. i am still against a walk out - or should i say, i wouldn't walk out. you can do whatever you see fit, im not gonna stop any of you.

Are you Joga_llo on twitter?

@Paulbeirne how do you put up the RPB? or should i say, how do you put up with the BS on the boards that is thrown at you?3:10 PM May 30th from web

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ zing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post

@Paulbeirne how do you put up the RPB? or should i say, how do you put up with the BS on the boards that is thrown at you?3:10 PM May 30th from web

how about you olegunner, Paul kinda threw you under the bus too earlier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Of course they don't want the hassle, but joga we aren't going ANYWHERE!!!
    thats fine, but you gotta understand that you/me have NO say in how things are done. the sooner you understand that, the better off you'd be.

do i want my voice to be heard? sure, i'd love that. i'd love if supporter clubs in MLS had the same voice as clubs in europe do... but at the same time i'm gonna thankful we don't b/c before the houston game we had a love fest with the club and now after two games we're all pissing on them. i know its more than the last two games, its also about the friendly and the field - this is something thats not gonna change. face it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestease View Post
    I'd say "Hey you fuck, I paid to stand in this spot, even more so year after year. The only reason you're even here is because 20,000 people declared this our house. Now fuck off and stop shitting"
    problem is, its not 20,000 people how are pissed off. its about 1,000 or so. (thats a guess btw, it is no where near 20,000 is my point)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post

yup, thats me. why?
    i have nothing to hide from.. i did say "how do you put up with the BS on the boards that is thrown at you?"

truth is there is a lot of BS thrown at him. and this thread is a prefect example of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    MLS will not give Toronto a 2nd team unless you meant that USL gives us a team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get a real head coach.. get real grass.. and get real about goin after a REAL DP from europe. (michael owen)
    either of that could and should fix this mess torontos front office has created

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup, thats me. why?
    i have nothing to hide from.. i did say "how do you put up with the BS on the boards that is thrown at you?"

truth is there is a lot of BS thrown at him. and this thread is a prefect example of it
    Paul = Guitarist
    RPB = Bluto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9JYq-mXprw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I take issue with some of the criticism of MLSE being "cheap" or solely about maximizing profits.

Yes, they are a business. But to use the Leafs as an example, that team routinely had one of the top 5 payrolls in the game. They used their monetary advantage to bring in plenty of high priced free agents.

You can argue that they didn't spend it wisely but you can't argue that they weren't willing to spend it.
    They are cheap. But they mask it very well.
    Being 5th or 6th in payroll means fuck all when you blow the other teams away in revenue. They were never in the top 3.
    They pay less for a lackluster GM, an embarssing scouting system, and on and on. Never mind internally how cheap they are.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESC101, A few days ago, another time MLSinToronto was posting to try and quell anger here, he mentioned that our FO was going to take care of the Red Bulls supporters who got screwed over by changing the game from august to june. Has anything happened with that yet?

olegunnar

yup, thats me. why?

No nefarious reason
    Just remembered that tweet and thought it (since it was from May 30th) would frame your position in this thread a bit better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what many people here think we do in the front office, but its not what has been suggested.
    I, nor any of my staff, nor the coaching staff, have ever (to my knowledge) even remotely suggested any kind of behaviour toward supporters groups...
    And yet I watched last night as a suggestion became a rumour became accepted as fact.

Someone on this board must know something, so please come forward and let us all know

WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    They are cheap. But they mask it very well.
    Being 5th or 6th in payroll means fuck all when you blow the other teams away in revenue. They were never in the top 3.
    They pay less for a lackluster GM, an embarssing scouting system, and on and on. Never mind internally how cheap they are.

MLSE is "cheap" when it comes to TFC because they haven't paid for a DP. It's as simple as that.

What makes it even more frustrating is that winning more games - like yesterday's - will increase revenue. So, by not spending the money now they must have decided that the risk wasn't worth it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The supporters have noticed a lack of recognition/appreciation from the players this year vs. the past years. This started right off the bat with the Preseason Charleston tournament.

EDIT: ^^^ Response to marquis.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched last nights game in horror, then had the distinct pleasure of lurking on this board and getting repeatedly kicked. I'm not sure what many people here think we do in the front office, but its not what has been suggested.

I, nor any of my staff, nor the coaching staff, have ever (to my knowledge) even remotely suggested any kind of behaviour toward supporters groups, except that the team must always acknowledge their fans, in good games and in bad ones.

I've seen Chris mention it in EVERY SINGLE team talk that has taken place at BMO since he took over. One entire pre-game match was dedicated to this subject. About being professional, and humble and remembering where you come from. We have CBC angry with us because the players who are to be on the post game interview take too long because they are out there applauding you.

fans are just upset and rightly so with the on field product this season.
    Chris's message is not geting through to the players as they have not
    been professional on the field and seem to FLOAT about for 90 mins and not show any effort in playing for the club,city and the supporters. Get that sorted out and TFC will be fine...tell Mo to stop hiding and address the concerns of the fans in a press conference...why no dp? no grass?
    no striker? etc. As far as the cbc, screw them, amatuer tv did a long time
    ago , just someone forgot to tell the clowns at cbc that!!