RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today’s News, Monday , Jun.02

TFC remains red hot despite depleted lineup

PETER MALLETT

TORONTO — Toronto FC head coach John Carver cautions that there is no room for egos in the locker room as his depleted squad looks ahead to next weekend's clash in Texas against the Houston Dynamo.
    With six regulars missing from the lineup in Saturday's 2-0 win at BMO Field over the Los Angeles Galaxy, and four more set to walk through the international-duty revolving door this week, the Englishman with the thick Geordie accent and down-to-earth attitude will be forced to look farther down his bench in hopes of maintaining the pace in which his Major League Soccer squad has lost just once in nine games.
    “I knew the team would step up [against the Galaxy] because we have a very confident dressing room,” Carver said. “We always knew what we could achieve; but I will be the first to put them back on the floor if they get overconfident.”

read more

Best Team Canada ever, says midfielder de Guzman
    The Canadian Press
    SEATTLE–A strong performance against one of the best soccer teams in the world shows the potential and promise of the men's national team as it ramps up for World Cup qualifying play.
    Canada held its own in a 3-2 loss to Brazil on Saturday night in an international friendly played before more than 47,000 fans at Qwest Field. If not for a bad pass by midfielder Julian de Guzman late in the game, and a miss on a clear breakaway by Issey Nakajima-Farran in the first half, the Canadians could have walked off the pitch with a tie, or maybe even an upset.
    "It shows Canada has taken it to another level," said de Guzman, who also scored a goal, forced the Brazilian keeper to make a good save on another shot and was one of the best Canadians on the pitch.
    "I think this is the best team we have ever fielded. We have something going for us."

Read more and watch video

National side needs support
    CSA has to give more than it has in the past
    By GARETH WHEELER

Performing well against the odds is becoming a trend.
    Canadian soccer fans were treated to another quality performance by our national soccer team Saturday in a 3-2 loss to Brazil, the world's best side.
    Sure, Brazil didn't have its full arsenal of superstars at its disposal, but time and time again it has shown it can win without being at full strength.
    So give the Canadians credit -- they gave the five-time World Cup champions all they could handle, and were unlucky to come away on the losing end.
    Despite the defensive mistakes, a lot of positives can be taken from their willingness to attack and play with the world's best.

This isn't anything new. Anchored by the midfield play of Dwayne De Rosario and Julian de Guzman, the team has put together a series of strong performances, dating back to the Gold Cup.
    This is particularly encouraging heading into World Cup qualifying.
    For the first time in our national side's history, its style of football is in line with that of the other CONCACAF nations. No longer is it reliant on the long ball and defend-at-all-costs mentality.

Read more

SUNSHINE

Last edited by denime; 06-02-2008 at 06:05 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what kills me is try to find a team Canada Soccer game on TV. Brutal.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes is it me or does the sunshine girls teeth look like they were borrowed from a skill saw?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy crap workie... you trying to "workie" the new board??!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Seriously look at her teeth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did... *shudder*
    that'll teach me for wanting to see what you boys ogle over lol

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Workie check the Gallery pictures,you might change your opinion
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallery Pics are nice but again. I wouldn't put parts of YOUR anatomy in her mouth with Smuttynose pushing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know we have heard it before, but here it is again in the Sun

Pellerud to call it quits

Even Pellerud, head coach of the women's national soccer team, plans to step down from the job after the Olympics this summer, a source told The Canadian Press yesterday. Pellerud's contract with the Canadian Soccer Association ends after the Beijing Games.

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/06/02/5743736-sun.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a happier note here's another story regarding the Canada game against Brazil:
    No, Canada: Brazil survives
    “No surprises,” Brazil coach Dunga said. “We knew Canada is a very disciplined team. They have two or three plays that they repeat to perfection. ... It was a difficult game and a good test; good (World Cup qualifying) preparation for Brazil.”
    http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/story/377596.html

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH MAN! Can you imagine Canada got the Upset?

That woul dhave capped off what seems to be a PERFECT weekend for TFC.

Hey - Crew Fans? you like that huh?!!!! yaaaa. . . taste it. . . you can smell your demise!

TFC pull off their first double. . . . can we get a tripple against Houston? (win, tie. . and then win next week?)
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Monday MLS Breakdown: TFC is Surging

Goal.com USA's Kyle McCarthy gives credit to John Carver and Mo Johnston for re-stocking Toronto FC with talented players, especially in the midfield, which is allowing them to climb up the Eastern Conference standings.

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.a...enutoId=720266

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limani_Ole View Post
    The Monday MLS Breakdown: TFC is Surging

Goal.com USA's Kyle McCarthy gives credit to John Carver and Mo Johnston for re-stocking Toronto FC with talented players, especially in the midfield, which is allowing them to climb up the Eastern Conference standings.

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.a...enutoId=720266

Thanks for this article it is really good.I'll post it as separate thread in news forum.BTW we are 2nd in their power ranking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Thanks for this article it is really good.I'll post it as separate thread in news forum.BTW we are 2nd in their power ranking
    from further in the article

"Depth questions linger, but may prove unfounded after Saturday night’s 2-0 win over New York without six starters. Depth questions linger, but may prove unfounded after Saturday night’s 2-0 win over New York without six starters. "

???????????????????????????New York?????????????????????

Do any of these guys have a clue?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Denime,

Ives put us up to #3 (past Columbus #5) in Power Rankings.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...er-r.html#more

Post as you see fit.

H
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Denime,

Ives put us up to #3 (past Columbus #5) in Power Rankings.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...er-r.html#more

Post as you see fit.

H
    I just made new thread for power rankings as they come out.
    Thanks