Thread: vitti VS. wynne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default vitti VS. wynne

I tried the whole day to understand this but i could not.why would you sign vitti and then start wynne as an attacker . please help

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cummins wanted to try something different and use Wynne;s speed,
    he getting desperate, the team has been playing crap for weeks ending
    with the farce last night in Houston..Even Ricketts got a game if thats not
    being desperate??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really can't see Wynne ever being better than Vitti in attacking. So it was an experiment bound to fail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    i really can't see Wynne ever being better than Vitti in attacking. So it was an experiment bound to fail.
    100%my thinking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my only thinking was that Cummins knew Wynne was leaving and wanted to give some of the others a rest, cuz the Vancouver game is huge. So they squeeze Wynne into the midfield, and that gives Ibby/Ricketts/Vitti a rest.. well, in the end Ricketts and Vitti didn't get a rest.. but that was probably the thinking.

p.s. Dichio and Vitti are gonna kick Vancouver's ass.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    my only thinking was that Cummins knew Wynne was leaving and wanted to give some of the others a rest, cuz the Vancouver game is huge. So they squeeze Wynne into the midfield, and that gives Ibby/Ricketts/Vitti a rest.. well, in the end Ricketts and Vitti didn't get a rest.. but that was probably the thinking.

p.s. Dichio and Vitti are gonna kick Vancouver's ass.
    I think that I agree with your thinking on this one rocker to an extent. The Wynne experiment at forward is still relatively new...so I think he just wanted to give it another go.....when the game was out of hand I think Cummins should have just bit the bullet though and kept as many people fresh as possible for the Vancouver match....
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because it isn't intended to STAY that way unless Wynne shows some promise there. Vittis on loan anyways, after this season we either resign him, or we're down 2 strikers (Danny D too). Why not see if the best athlete on the team can handle it? Esp with Wynnes speed, its worth a look. It works, your a genius, it doesn't, eh, it was worth a shot. Its not like hes a waste of space on the field, just re-work the formation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was quiet obvious in the first 20 mins that is wasn't working. Is it just me or does Cummins not believe in holding players in there proper positions. We seem to move guys around in different roles every game. That Houston game just shows that it doesn't work. Not one player on the field in Houston impressed me. They got caught looking forward to playing Vancouver on Wednesday. By the way someone want to tell Sportsnet that they need new anousers. Fuck there horrible I didn't know that the game against Vancouver is on a Tuesday?? Were they get there information?? And i'm sorry how can you mix up Brennan and Serioux?? Fucking pathetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why sign Vitti at all? I like that he puts himself about, but TFC needs scoring, so what does Mo do? He signs a striker with a poor-terrible scoring record. He’s getting paid 300K, in the MLS that’s more than just trying hard money, that’s very good-star player money.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Not one player on the field in Houston impressed me. They got caught looking forward to playing Vancouver on Wednesday. By the way someone want to tell Sportsnet that they need new anousers. Fuck there horrible I didn't know that the game against Vancouver is on a Tuesday?? Were they get there information?? Fucking pathetic.
    Maybe the RPB forums should sign somebody new to post in your place? TFC plays Vancouver on Tuesday...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    Maybe the RPB forums should sign somebody new to post in your place? TFC plays Vancouver on Tuesday...

LOL

goes back to everybody knows EvERYTHING, but nobody really knows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vitti has a ton of speed, prolly the 2nd fastest on the team after wynne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    You forgot Jamal Smith...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i did, but i think vitti is faster, he just hasn't been unleashed yet...TFC have not been using his skills to their best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    You forgot Jamal Smith...
    Johan.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes there is Johann and I've seen him with a burst of speed in his earliest mins playing for us but Vitti doesn't show the speed you describe. Any step he has on a player seems to get swallowed up by physical play. He's shown great handling and redirection to catch defenders out but I don't see the raw speed of Wynne.

That said, raw speed only gets you so far. Like waiting for teamates to catch up and bomb a cross in. The experiment didn't work but I didn't mind Cummins trying it if it was for the reason above.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i did, but i think vitti is faster, he just hasn't been unleashed yet...TFC have not been using his skills to their best
    Vitti is not the second fastest player on our team, I don't buy that. If he was truly skillful, he would have found a way to shine by now. What does he need to be unleashed? Most players just need a chance to get on the field, what does he need? The goalie to give throw the ball at him and so it deflects in? There's no way that he warrants a $300,000 salary.

Vitti is a talented player, no question, but he's not a goalscorer, which is what WE need. I don't think we should have to accomodate our team to fit his needs, when history has shown that he's not going to be a primary goalscorer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jamal

Johann

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti is probably as talented as anyone on the team, in terms of pure football talent. But much like DeRo, I think his creativity puts him ahead of just about anyone else. DeRo has had the time to become "comfortable" with the players and style of play (such as there is) in the league and has adapted.

Vitti has had some really good minutes - he has shown that he can still maintain control even with 2-3 opponents on him (see most of the time he was on against DC). Rarely do other teams cover him man on man. I havenm't understood other comments that he can't beat anyone one on one, because he attracts two or three every time he has the ball. But not everyone gets what he is going to do, so lots of his passes go into open space, or he gets hit with passes that should be going through (hit in the heel, hit in the back, and so on).

I echo 106-12's question - if I recall, Vitti is one of the highest earners on the team. Either you play him or cut him loose and use the money on something else. But sitting him doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought all the games were on Wednesday's except the Montreal game? Oh well my bad. There still horrible announcers. P.S. loose the holy than thou attitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti needs to be groomed as an attacking midfielder instead to link the play. Communication with his team mates will improve as be becomes more familiar with English. I'm sure that has played a part in linking up front. I'm fine with keeping him, but his price is high which results in short amount of patience for a lot of fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti is by no means the second fastest player on the team. He sure as hell doesn't play that way. Barrett shows more speed then Vitti. Where did you get the observation that Vitti is fast?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burn.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Why sign Vitti at all? I like that he puts himself about, but TFC needs scoring, so what does Mo do? He signs a striker with a poor-terrible scoring record. He’s getting paid 300K, in the MLS that’s more than just trying hard money, that’s very good-star player money.

we had a big time mls score in Jeff cunningham and look how that turned out? Vitti might need time to adjust to field turf as some players do..Vitti will have a few goals by seasons end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 106-12 View Post
    I tried the whole day to understand this but i could not.why would you sign vitti and then start wynne as an attacker . please help

I just think Wynne's days at the back are just about over now that Nana is starting and Cummins was trying to see if he was usable anywhere else. If his crossing stays as shite as it has been for the past 3 years he'll soon be sitting right beside Ricketts on sidelines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I just think Wynne's days at the back are just about over now that Nana is starting and Cummins was trying to see if he was usable anywhere else. If his crossing stays as shite as it has been for the past 3 years he'll soon be sitting right beside Ricketts on sidelines.
    Hell no. Nana is a good CB. Wynne is a good RB. Velez is a shit CB. So why would you sit Wynne before Velez?