Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    We don't know that's true yet. The other team has not been announced so it could be a big club.

However, if it is some crap unknown club I will be just as pissed as you.
    No man, Mikey's right. They announce and international friendly, something he have in our ticket package, and then say, nope you dont get it. There's another one....we dont know who it is yet or anything. Even if it's Real Madrid again, this company has just lost a huge huge amount of trust from me and can expect a real hassle from me in the future.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember Roogsy saying he'd come in a bra and skirt if they were playing Real.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladies Love Julius James View Post
    I remember Roogsy saying he'd come in a bra and skirt if they were playing Real.....
    He already loopholed it, saying it would have to be the friendly game HE was going to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Real Grass for Real Madrid,someone has to pay,and it want be MLSE that's for sure.
    TFC SUPPORTERS= =MLSE
    yeah but that mlse for you I'll still go but just meet the team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    No man, Mikey's right. They announce and international friendly, something he have in our ticket package, and then say, nope you dont get it. There's another one....we dont know who it is yet or anything. Even if it's Real Madrid again, this company has just lost a huge huge amount of trust from me and can expect a real hassle from me in the future.
    The ol' bait and switch... Classy!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again, it isnt a bait and switch, we were never baited...they know they dont have to bait us, they just have to seperate themselves and use words like business and deal. It's the lowest form of humanity through my eyes, and I'm sad to finally realise how closely i'm associated to it

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since nothing is confirmed I am upset about POSSIBLY having to pay more for this game. If they bring their A team then it could be worth the extra 50$. If however they do what European travelling teams tend to do and leave their best players on the bench then the 50$ will be a rip off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just can't believe that MLSE are going to jump through hoops, like put in a grass surface for one game, to get Madrid to come play here, yet our own players have made it known how much they do not like the turf for over 2 years now, and they have done nothing for them.

And then to gouge us STH's, who are there game in and game out, by charging premium pricing to watch a game that means nothing in an already busy schedule. Fuck that! The suits and casual fans can have my seats, I'll keep my money, thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    If they do bait and switch with premium tickets, none of us have to go.

Premium? Fine, as long as it's going towards keeping the grass in place afterward....
    Not going to happen. In case you didn't know, BMO is booked for rec leagues throughout the summer as well. Do you you what rec leagues do to a grass pitch? Now, do you know what they do to a TEMPORARY grass pitch? (keep in mind I don't mean just rec leagues, I mean the amount of use BMO gets on a weekly basis). I don't see the temporary grass pitch staying for more than a few games (at most).

As for this not being part of our ticket package, I'm kind of pissed too, but we'll have to see how it goes.

Now, the truth is, either MLSE let this out by accident, or they screwed up BIG TIME. Here is what you WANT to do if you're MLSE:

Announce the INCLUDED friendly. It should be a relatively good team, that people have heard of, and a good number of people are happy to see (and pay the face value we've already payed). Now, after you've done that, wait for weeks (at least 3) and THEN you announce that you've been able to secure a great club over and beyond the included friendly. At this point, no one can complain, because they were already happy with the friendly they had, and we were only ever told we were going to get one friendly. It just looks like MLSE is working hard to bring us quality opposition, and it's only natural they charge for this extra game.

The way it is now, no matter who the free friendly is (unless it's Man U or Barca) it's going to be seen as a huge let-down to a lot of people because it won't be Real Madrid. They'll be thinking about how MLSE screwed them because they SHOULD have had Real Madrid for free, instead of thinking about how MLSE was good for bringing in another club. Im not saying people will be wrong by thinking this, I will be thinking the same thing, I'm just saying that MLSE made a huge tactical error.

Of course, from the way things went down, my suggested scenario was probably what MLSE tried to do. Unfortunately, since they were unable to book the free friendly in a timely fashion (we all know how Paul has been struggling, I bet Real Madrid has been signed for a while) and now, with the rescheduled game in two weeks, and them needing to start the marketing for the Real Madrid game sooner than later, it's going to need to come out. Paul, whose job it is to book the free friendly, is not going to be the most popular with his bosses right now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

The way it is now, no matter who the free friendly is (unless it's Man U or Barca) it's going to be seen as a huge let-down to a lot of people because it won't be Real Madrid. They'll be thinking about how MLSE screwed them because they SHOULD have had Real Madrid for free, instead of thinking about how MLSE was good for bringing in another club. Im not saying people will be wrong by thinking this, I will be thinking the same thing, I'm just saying that MLSE made a huge tactical error.
    Agreed.Now that's niave.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To my mind the free ticket to the friendly is a bonus- I certainly don't keep my STs because it includes a friendly/ Nutrilite Cdn Championship. I keep it for the LEAGUE games.

If Real is coming- that is fabulous and will raise the profile of TFC across the country and around the world.
    I would expect the club to give STHs first refusal on our regular seats. Would I expect to pay more than I do for a match against KC/ NY fizzy drinks? Fuck yeah. Do I expect to be gorged $70 up for a ticket in the South Stand, no.

Hopefully the prices will be fair given the opposition (who may field a reserve team anyway)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So as it stands,
    1. we move a regular season game from a nice time in August to a busy time in June where Amado and Wynne are going to be missing
    2. we now only have 3 home games in July, August and September
    3. we piss off the season ticket holders by making them pay extra for a good friendly.
    4. we force a second useless friendly

I dont know what the scheduling is like but this could have all been fixed if they moved the friendly to the Roger centre and put grass down

1. they wouldnt need to mess with the scheduling
    2. 2 home games in August are better then 1
    3. the 16,000 season ticket holders could use their friendly tickets for this friendly and the other 34,000 seats at the Roger Centre could be used to pay for the match
    4. no second useless friendly to fill their obligation to us

Make it happen!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Not going to happen. In case you didn't know, BMO is booked for rec leagues throughout the summer as well. Do you you what rec leagues do to a grass pitch? Now, do you know what they do to a TEMPORARY grass pitch? (keep in mind I don't mean just rec leagues, I mean the amount of use BMO gets on a weekly basis). I don't see the temporary grass pitch staying for more than a few games (at most).
    Someone who knows more about this - feel free to correct me, but I'm pretty sure that turf laid this way is already dead - so even without the community use, leaving it down for long is not an option.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im pretty certain last years face value on tickets was around 70 dollars for the south end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    im pretty certain last years face value on tickets was around 70 dollars for the south end.
    Correct!. I remember this as a shit-storm started for someone selling that ticket for $70 when they didn't pay $70 for it (Or something to that affect)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
    So as it stands,
    1. we move a regular season game from a nice time in August to a busy time in June where Amado and Wynne are going to be missing
    3. we piss off the season ticket holders by making them pay extra for a good friendly.
    Kind of sad when you lay it out, especially point #1...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    To my mind the free ticket to the friendly is a bonus- I certainly don't keep my STs because it includes a friendly/ Nutrilite Cdn Championship. I keep it for the LEAGUE games.

If Real is coming- that is fabulous and will raise the profile of TFC across the country and around the world.
    I would expect the club to give STHs first refusal on our regular seats. Would I expect to pay more than I do for a match against KC/ NY fizzy drinks? Fuck yeah. Do I expect to be gorged $70 up for a ticket in the South Stand, no.

Hopefully the prices will be fair given the opposition (who may field a reserve team anyway)
    My tickets were $120 for last year's friendlies in 109. Believe me, that is more then enough money to go watch Real madrid's B team.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
    So as it stands,

I dont know what the scheduling is like but this could have all been fixed if they moved the friendly to the Roger centre and put grass down

1. they wouldnt need to mess with the scheduling
    2. 2 home games in August are better then 1
    3. the 16,000 season ticket holders could use their friendly tickets for this friendly and the other 34,000 seats at the Roger Centre could be used to pay for the match
    4. no second useless friendly to fill their obligation to us

Make it happen!!!!!!!!
    Man those are some really good points. We are sacrificing league games for international friendlies. All this so we can see the RM B squad.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ticket prices have also yet to be confirmed, although Toronto FC are said to be pursuing another opponent for a second exhibition game to fulfill their one-game commitment to season ticket holders, enabling the Real Madrid tickets to be sold at a premium, and not inclusive of season ticket packages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am I the only one not particularly interested in this game if I have to pay extra for it?
    I mean, Real Madrid is a huge club, but still .... it's a meaningless friendly, and they probably will save their best players for the Sunday game at DC, which will have a far bigger attendance.

I guess it all depends on price... but not sure if I care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not paying a premium for this shit.
    Nice to see they have no problems messing around with our regular season because they dont care how that goes compared to a friendly game.
    I would have thought it is great news to bring a big club like Real Madrid here but not if it means just pushing around the regular season games in a way that inconveniences ticket holders and moves the game to a much worse time for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    am I the only one not particularly interested in this game if I have to pay extra for it?
    I mean, Real Madrid is a huge club, but still .... it's a meaningless friendly, and they probably will save their best players for the Sunday game at DC, which will have a far bigger attendance.

No. I am sure a lot of Toronto/GTA soccer fans outside of this forum are happy about this game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    No. I am sure a lot of Toronto/GTA soccer fans outside of this forum are happy about this game.

you mean the ones that dont do anything for Canadian soccer or support their local team at all?

I agree, lets reward them!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are a season ticket holder, let your ticket reps know how you feel - besides holding back your cash for tickets and merch or something like that, this is the best way to provide direct feedback or protest something. I just had a good interesting chat with my rep - he obviously cannot confirm anything because this is all rumour/speculation right now, but reading between the lines of his responses he does not disagree with the issues being raised here and he will pass this stuff on (he has before).

Anyway, it is not much, but it is at least something productive we can do. My main argument to him was that these friendlies, if they are going to exist, should not be included at all in our STH package and price - just give us first refusal on the seats when the games are eventually announced and then you do not have all of this bullshit.

But because now we have all already paid for a game and MLSE has lucked out and brought in a HUGE team and thus want more money, we are going to see nothing but ill will and anger directed towards them. And I agree, on a morning when I should be thrilled to hear we are playing a world renowned club, I am instead pretty pissed off.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post

I am totally with you Rocker!

We have THREE fucking home games during the summer! This is ridiculous!

MLSE are really starting to show their colours here and don't give me the Real Madrid bullshit either! Its a friendly FFS! What about the league? What about the Champions League? What about just getting real grass?

Watch…the next thing you know the ST friendly will be a J League team or the like…its coming people…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see i always knew you were on top of things hb
    damn straight lets bend over somemore
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievable that they'd just add this game in, and not count it as the freindly that's already in the package. The fact that they have to bring in temporary real grass is laughable as far as I'm concerned, and just goes to show how hard it must be to secure the services of one of the World's top clubs. Maybe MLSE should realize, that building a seperate training facility with turf, and installing real grass at BMO should happen sooner than later if they want these teams to come; I don't know how it could have taken 3 seasons to figure that out... I'm just not happy at all about this, and there's not a chance in hell that we're going to sit in our season's seats in 123, I'm sure some other moron is more than happy to pay the jacked up price in an already really expensive section.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    see i always knew you were on top of things hb
    damn straight lets bend over somemore
    I'ma take out my anger tomorrow!

olegunnar

Okay I'm as angry as anyone about this crap....but I was just wondering....

Do you think the success of this game could be used as leverage against the Joe Pantalone's of the world.

Kind of a "hey loser, accept our lakeshore proposal and we'll put grass in BMO and generate lots of revenue for you with these friendlies". "sure it's not an ideal location, but come on the price is right, and you won't get these kind of revenue generating games if there's turf at BMO".
    Last edited by olegunnar; 05-29-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    It isnt free - the international friendly is included in your season ticket package (and price!). See previous thread and post from Paul.