Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let alone friendly in the middle of the season being stupid,this friendly is just 2-3 days after CONCACRAP CL game,and that's retarded not stupid.

Sixteen teams will be drawn into eight two-leg series for the Preliminary Round that will be staged July 28-30 and August 4-6. The winners will then join the eight seeded teams and will be drawn into four, four team groups.

The six-round Group Phase will begin August 18 and conclude the week of October 20-22.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man, I am so curious to see what "premium" costs....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is Roogsy wearing a bra and skirt?

I thought the idea was to draw people to this game? Not send everyone in shrieking terror running for their lives?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrHawk View Post
    Why is Roogsy wearing a bra and skirt?

I thought the idea was to draw people to this game? Not send everyone in shrieking terror running for their lives?
    ^^ Thought in another thread he mentioned he was going to wear it if Real came to play??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC United (according to Goff) is offering Real Madrid tickets to season ticket holders for between 50 and 100. I would expect Canadian$ to be 75 to 150 range.
    I don't understand the squawk on Real Madrid not being the friendly included for STHs.
    - we want real grass
    - we want an expanded/improved BMO
    - we want a DP - proven striker and/or proven defender
    You can't seriously think that the road to these things involves taking a huge financial bath on bringing in a big time team. Big team = big appearance money. I can live with the cash grab!! Either you (the STH die hard) pay the money or step aside and let somebody with more cash than TFC loyalty finance the things we all want.
    ps when faced with buying tickets for Real Madrid, putting aside $$ for MLS playoffs and a CONCACAF run is my concern. Save a buck in August and spend a lot in October/November...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the Barca fans are planning their TIFO already :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pleased it's Real I would love to go (barring outragous ticket prices). I wonder even with it being not part of the season ticket package if the FO will allow a presale to SSH/Partial Pack Holders so we get first crack at the seats before the scalpers and ACC contigent.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait a sec...what does this do to my promise of showing up in a bra and skirt?

I was always referring to the international game that I AM going to (as a season ticket holder). I ain't paying a premium to go see a team I don't care about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...thankfully I hate Madrid and this news doesn't interest me or my wallet in the slightest. I am just sad I am going to miss the reds play....if they actually play any of our first teamers (as I would expect they would for such a big friendly)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    I'm pleased it's Real I would love to go (barring outragous ticket prices). I wonder even with it being not part of the season ticket package if the FO will allow a presale to SSH/Partial Pack Holders so we get first crack at the seats before the scalpers and ACC contigent.
    I'd be shocked if they didn't offer the to STH first, but that won't keep the scalpers out - they are STH's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW - MLSE - I am so angry I don't even know what to say. If I said what I felt about MLSE I would be banned from this site. If this seriously does happen, I reaaaally hope that TFC supporters' stand up and do something about it. This game will have lots of exposure, so banners would be a good start.
    Last edited by Pachuco; 05-29-2009 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to be interesting...first crack at your own seats...or first crack to seats in general.....I think it is going to be a free for all for season ticket holders....which is going to have all the scalpers drooling.....
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real Madrid in Toronto to play TFC on real grass at BMO.......Excellent !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got news for you. Scalpers are part of the SSH and partial package holders.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    DC United (according to Goff) is offering Real Madrid tickets to season ticket holders for between 50 and 100. I would expect Canadian$ to be 75 to 150 range.
    I don't understand the squawk on Real Madrid not being the friendly included for STHs.
    - we want real grass
    - we want an expanded/improved BMO
    - we want a DP - proven striker and/or proven defender
    You can't seriously think that the road to these things involves taking a huge financial bath on bringing in a big time team. Big team = big appearance money. I can live with the cash grab!! Either you (the STH die hard) pay the money or step aside and let somebody with more cash than TFC loyalty finance the things we all want.
    ps when faced with buying tickets for Real Madrid, putting aside $$ for MLS playoffs and a CONCACAF run is my concern. Save a buck in August and spend a lot in October/November...
    This game is about exposure. I doubt that the $$$ they make IN PROFIT will be a much bigger ratio because of the cost to get the team here and make the TEMP adjustments to the pitch.

I doubt the exposure will turn into a televised broadcast, though.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

I was always referring to the international game that I AM going to (as a season ticket holder). I ain't paying a premium to go see a team I don't care about.
    Semantics. TFC got Real coming here. End of.
    Be a man and a person of your word.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. If I ran a busniess, then I'd charge "premium prices" too. So I don't really blame MLSE. They probably receive somewhere in the neighbourhood of 2 million dollars in extra revenue as a result.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phew! Escaped by the skin of your teeth on that one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loophole! Damnit!

How about if my second prediction is right, you were bra and skirt (or panties ) to that game... Juve on 7/22. Deal?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KShep121 View Post
    Loophole! Damnit!

How about if my second prediction is right, you were bra and skirt (or panties ) to that game... Juve on 7/22. Deal?
    I'm starting to worry why you guys so want to see Roogsy in woman's lingerie ....... I think I'll just stand over here

If the rumour about the other team being Juventus is true, I think MLSE has more than met their obligation on the int'l friendly included in the season seat package. Clubs don't get much bigeer than that.

If it ends up being some unkown team then I see there being outrage by SSH's. Especially if Real is sold at much higher prices which couldd potentially cut out some of the current die hard supporters.

I'll hold my judgement until all the teams and dollar amounts have been announced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another english team?

no wait....

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck you MLSE, this is another example of you talking a big game and then sucking a dick on the side. We're giving you Grass, and a DP.......oh wait no we aren't we're fucking you over at every single opportunity. This makes me sick. MLSE are proving to be the heartless corporation many people think it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately you get what you pay for. And paying $300 dollars (some are more obviously) per season ticket in a small 20000 seat stadium doesnt equal big money teams or players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    Real Madrid in Toronto to play TFC on real grass at BMO.......Excellent !
    I like the fact that we will play on a grass surface...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mikey

I dont mind the fact they are charging premium prices for the game. I mind that we already have tickets for this included as part of our package, which MLSE is now renaging on, by trying to find any old shit to use on those tickets instead.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    Meh. If I ran a busniess, then I'd charge "premium prices" too. So I don't really blame MLSE. They probably receive somewhere in the neighbourhood of 2 million dollars in extra revenue as a result.
    come on Boyo. You're way too young to go with the jaded corporate ethics angle, like making money is an acceptable reason to fuck people over.

Mikey

Why would anyone expect anything different from Maple Leaf Scalper Exchange? the new rules must be hurting the relationships between MLSE staff and their scalper buddies. This should sweeten things up a bit for them......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I dont mind the fact they are charging premium prices for the game. I mind that we already have tickets for this included as part of our package, which MLSE is now renaging on, by trying to find any old shit to use on those tickets instead.
    We don't know that's true yet. The other team has not been announced so it could be a big club.

However, if it is some crap unknown club I will be just as pissed as you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they do bait and switch with premium tickets, none of us have to go.

Premium? Fine, as long as it's going towards keeping the grass in place afterward....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    While we're on it, Premium should be reserved for a game such as this not for league games. We have no Premium teams in this league. We're it.