Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    A) Look at the banner on the top of the page - It says "Red Patch Boys", thus this is their boards. Red Patch members pay for the hosting and maintenance of this site, it is a privilege for all others to be on it.
    I find this analysis more than a bit condescending. You can't hold it over non-RPB members heads if the leaders can't figure out a way to generate revenue from this forum so it could sustain itself.

B) This was NEVER a Section 112 board, there has always been individuals with tickets all over the stadium and individuals with no tickets at all. From day one.
    Before the stadium was built 112 was reserved for RPB and the forum was up. Only after Beckhamania did ticket sales explode and then people wishing to be part of RPB. But the site was up before then for 112.

I'm not sure what your motivations are here, but most are just trying to create a better experience for the fans of Toronto FC and to support a football team on the field. The Toronto FC front office has a different agenda, thus there needs to be consistent communication with the membership and fans to ensure that the balance remains fair. Pretty simple.
    The motivation is that he sees, as others do, that some mods have a different agenda with non-RPB members. Perhaps these mods feel belittling and antogonizing non paying registered members of this board is a strategy that will work in unifying everyone here and get the $20 membership from them. Personally I don't think that will work.

Some of us come despite these mods. We come for the football discussion in general, not just TFC. Personally, I come for the int. forum and keep abreast in the latest in Croatian soccer and individual Croats (thanks Hawk et. al) , and TFC. There are some good posters here - alot of which don't pay. It's that viewpoint I find refreshing because it seems these people are not emotionally vested in RPB and it comes across in their posts. Mind you, there are some RPM posters I do enjoy also. But there seems to be the perception from many, and not just posted by ensco and me, that mods here are not open to critism but yet could critisize others (I could give countless examples of this - not involving me either). This leads to the viewpoint held by more than some that this board has a complex of elitism and thinking they are better than other posters.
    I don't buy the arugument of not questioning actions or critizising mods, particularly when one is defending themselves from others. That just wreaks of totaliterianism to me.
    Like you said Kingpin, this forum should be about creating a better footy experience for EVERYONE. That works both ways.

/go ahead people, flame away. Seems like standard procedure around here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Just saw the thread was brought back to topic lol
    Well I just spent too much time writing it before I posted I guess

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    I find this analysis more than a bit condescending. You can't hold it over non-RPB members heads if the leaders can't figure out a way to generate revenue from this forum so it could sustain itself.
    Actually quite the opposite. In the interest of keeping corporate interests out of this forum, the leadership has actually rejected sponsorship that would allow the forum to sustain itself. As per usual, you have your facts wrong.

Before the stadium was built 112 was reserved for RPB and the forum was up. Only after Beckhamania did ticket sales explode and then people wishing to be part of RPB. But the site was up before then for 112.
    Absolutely not true either. 112 was never "reserved" for RPB. Most of us who were already on the board had purchased tickets elsewhere. And RPB's growth did not happen simultaneously with the Beckham announcement. Not even close. Our growth actually started happening at the beginning of the new season when people saw what the RPB were doing at the stadium. Once the season started, membership started to grow rapidly.

The motivation is that he sees, as others do, that some mods have a different agenda with non-RPB members. Perhaps these mods feel belittling and antogonizing non paying registered members of this board is a strategy that will work in unifying everyone here and get the $20 membership from them. Personally I don't think that will work.
    There is one agenda the mods have. Keep the board rules. That is all. Everything else is a function of the personal opinions of the mods who post as regular posters unless they are called to take action. Don't break the forum rules, you won't have action taken against you. As much as non-RPBs complain that there is an agenda against them and that each post is weighed depending if your name is bolded or not...the same happens the other way. A mod's opinion doesn't get weighed as an individual's opinion but rather as a part of an entire "agenda" by the group. Rather silly if you ask me. And to be perfectly honest, we are not trying to recruit you to RPB. We are not interested in your $20.

Some of us come despite these mods. We come for the football discussion in general, not just TFC. Personally, I come for the int. forum and keep abreast in the latest in Croatian soccer and individual Croats (thanks Hawk et. al) , and TFC. There are some good posters here - alot of which don't pay. It's that viewpoint I find refreshing because it seems these people are not emotionally vested in RPB and it comes across in their posts. Mind you, there are some RPM posters I do enjoy also. But there seems to be the perception from many, and not just posted by ensco and me, that mods here are not open to critism but yet could critisize others (I could give countless examples of this - not involving me either). This leads to the viewpoint held by more than some that this board has a complex of elitism and thinking they are better than other posters.

I don't buy the arugument of not questioning actions or critizising mods, particularly when one is defending themselves from others. That just wreaks of totaliterianism to me.
    Like you said Kingpin, this forum should be about creating a better footy experience for EVERYONE. That works both ways.

/go ahead people, flame away. Seems like standard procedure around here.
    Mods here behave as mods do everywhere else. Post your disagreeing position all you want, but board rules have to be followed and that includes laying off the mod decisions. On most other boards (and I participate on many of them) complain about a mod decision and it's a ban. End of story. So let's stop pretending like this board's intolerance for questioning adminsitrative decisions is somehow unique to this board.

So if you have an issue with the way this board is run...either stop coming here or accept the way it is. But stop complaining about it in every thread.
    Last edited by Roogsy; 06-01-2009 at 10:02 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy - you don't like friendlies, I don't like friendlies. Why are you cool with one friendly scheduled and not two?

Is your issue with the RM game not being the friendly included in SSH packages or with a friendly during the season. Seems like you should pissed off regardless of what they schedule, no?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    Roogsy - you don't like friendlies, I don't like friendlies. Why are you cool with one friendly scheduled and not two?

Is your issue with the RM game not being the friendly included in SSH packages or with a friendly during the season. Seems like you should pissed off regardless of what they schedule, no?
    Yup.

I mentioned in my previous posts. I don't like friendlies in the middle of the season.

But I understand the need to market the team (as well as add revenue to TFC). So one friendly a season I can understand and didn't complain about.

TWO I feel massively uncomfortable with.

But when the second gets added mid-season with all the other problems already mentioned (ticket prices, fixture moving etc.) then it really peeves me.

So I really wouldn't say I was "cool" with it as I was begrudgingly accepting of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I have my facts wrong on the early history I will accept that. I was watching all the various boards, not posting, between January and May 2007. I remember being gobsmacked that the director of team business operations would openly and regularly come on here. Conclude what you want, it had an impact on me for sure.

Paul and MLSE have had far more to do with the success of Red Patch Boys than any of you would be willing to admit.

My real point is that the board is what is making the Red Patch Boys, and not the other way around.

I don't want or need you to represent me. I want a good forum for discussion. I do like the chants, I participate in that, and am grateful to whomever works on that, I guess, but there's a lot of groups involved, RPB is hardly solely responsible for that. As for the flags and all, I don't mind it, but I just don't care. I'm there to watch the game.

There are many fine people in RPB, I have met a number on road trips and I really have no big complaint. But it seems to me that several mods here are on power trips, calling people out for no reason. You'll see, if you care, that I have a number of posts that side with RPB against the FO on this issue. But make fun of someone going over the top about it? What gall!

I think you maybe should go members-only. Seriously.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If I have my facts wrong on the early history I will accept that. I was watching all the various boards, not posting, between January and May 2007. I remember being gobsmacked that the director of team business operations would openly and regularly come on here. Conclude what you want, it had an impact on me for sure.

Paul and MLSE have had far more to do with the success of Red Patch Boys than any of you would be willing to admit.

My real point is that the board is what is making the Red Patch Boys, and not the other way around.

I don't want or need you to represent me. I want a good forum for discussion. I do like the chants, I participate in that, and am grateful to whomever works on that, I guess, but there's a lot of groups involved, RPB is hardly solely responsible for that. As for the flags and all, I don't mind it, but I just don't care. I'm there to watch the game.

There are many fine people in RPB, I have met a number on road trips and I really have no big complaint. But it seems to me that several mods here are on power trips, calling people out for no reason. You'll see, if you care, that I have a number of posts that side with RPB against the FO on this issue. But make fun of someone going over the top about it? What gall!

I think you maybe should go members-only. Seriously.
    Mods are always accused of being on power trips. It's always the good cop bad cop thing. Either way, most are not here for a popularity contest.

Regarding TFC and RPB, I give full props to Paul and TFC for supporting RPB and ALL supporters groups in their birth. I don't wish to take anything away from their part in the success of all the groups. I don't know where we have ever taken away from that. But I would also be wary of giving them too much credit. At the end of the day, it is the supporters themselves that make the groups, not the executives. They provided support, they did not consist part of the make up of the groups.

As for going members-only...it is always being seriously discussed and there is a large percentage of members that feel it should. That is all from me. Let's concentrate on tomorrow. If you like, I invite you to Shoeless Joe's to watch the game and for a pint on me, then you can judge me in person and not on my internet personna. Just don't mock RPB or you may find it poured on your head!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Mods are always accused of being on power trips. It's always the good cop bad cop thing. Either way, most are not here for a popularity contest.

Regarding TFC and RPB, I give full props to Paul and TFC for supporting RPB and ALL supporters groups in their birth. I don't wish to take anything away from their part in the success of all the groups. I don't know where we have ever taken away from that. But I would also be wary of giving them too much credit. At the end of the day, it is the supporters themselves that make the groups, not the executives. They provided support, they did not consist part of the make up of the groups.

As for going members-only...it is always being seriously discussed and there is a large percentage of members that feel it should. That is all from me. Let's concentrate on tomorrow. If you like, I invite you to Shoeless Joe's to watch the game and for a pint on me, then you can judge me in person and not on my internet personna. Just don't mock RPB or you may find it poured on your head!
    That is a very nice invitation. Thanks.

I am out of town and will be watching on the web. But I am sure I would enjoy a pint another time. I will let you know.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense but this statement is a fckign disgrace... you have no idea of the time and effort some of us have placed in this group... the countless night painting banners and going to work the next morning... or the fundraisers involved to bring the big drum, BBQ's, tents, etc... or the money we have sacrificed to provide people with makeshift season tickets so they can avoid scalpers... It's an insult you even say this sh!t.... I've sacrifice time with my family just like many other RPB members to do what we do here today...

If anyone is coming to this board because Paul from mls posts here... then they don't need to be here... we want supporters not people that are godsmacked by what 1 exec says...

You're ridiculous and you have no clue of what you even speak off... If all RPB to you is a website then I suggest you see yourself out of here... I've lost all respect if any that I had of you...
    Last edited by FluSH; 06-01-2009 at 12:18 PM.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I see that we have made quite a bit progress today but our session time is almost up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    No offense but this statement is a fckign disgrace... you have no idea of the time and effort some of us have placed in this group... the countless night painting banners and going to work the next morning... or the fundraisers involved to bring the big drum, BBQ's, tents, etc... or the money we have sacrificed to provide people with makeshift season tickets so they can avoid scalpers... It's an insult you even say this sh!t.... I've sacrifice time with my family just like many other RPB members to do what we do here today...

If anyone is coming to this board because Paul from mls posts here... then they don't need to be here... we want supporters not people that are godsmacked by what 1 exec says...

You're ridiculous and you have no clue of what you even speak off... If all RPB to you is a website then I suggest you see yourself out of here... I've lost all respect if any that I had of you...
    I probably shouldn't have said that. Didn't mean to disrespect anyone. Speaking for myself, don't take it the wrong way, but I'm really not here for your respect.

A lot of people do a lot of charity stuff but don't expect anything for it. Not sure I see TFC support as in that category. Sounds like you enjoy doing it. I'm glad for you. I always sell my tickets for face, fwiw, always on this board. Until I get kicked off, I guess. Looks like I'm well on my way.

Your first line is a classic, btw.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-01-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post

Wow this thread has really got off topic....

Agreed. Sure Paul and co. have been supportive of all of the SG's, but I have never sat in the same room as Paul or anyone else down @ BMO.

It is a bit insulting considering the amount of time some of us have put in.

Oh and if anyone has a problem with me......EAT IT!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably shouldn't have said that. Didn't mean to disrespect anyone. Speaking for myself, don't take it the wrong way, but I'm really not here for your respect.

A lot of people do a lot of charity stuff but don't expect anything for it. Not sure I see TFC support as in that category. Sounds like you enjoy doing it. I'm glad for you. I always sell my tickets for face, btw, always on this board. Until I get kicked off, I guess.

Your first line is a classic, btw.
    TFC games @ BMO wouldn't be what they are without Supporters putting in the effort they do.

Sorry you don't see it that way.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alright. I think this thread has run it's course.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy