Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dcdcdc View Post
    i don't know how TFC went wrong? They are still fulfilling their obligation to us STH's in providing the included friendly (some other team). Anything else, they can do what they want. They are giving us our 19 games. If they schedule 50 more friendlies, whats the problemÉ

Going to be a great match!!
    Yup!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same person who kinda broke the news about Real coming, is the same person that said the second friendly will be for charity. So what's this charity going to get if there are 16,000 tickets sold to the match already. Is MLSE screwing charities too?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    The same person who kinda broke the news about Real coming, is the same person that said the second friendly will be for charity. So what's this charity going to get if there are 16,000 tickets sold to the match already. Is MLSE screwing charities too?
    He also recently said it appears that the charity match will not include TFC (but rather 2 internationals)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    He also recently said it appears that the charity match will not include TFC (but rather 2 internationals)
    Ah ok, so I guess no Juve for the friendly if that's true. Maybe we'll get Boya Chico from Colombia. Yeah that would be great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the problem? the problem is we have a very small roster compared to other football teams around the world. So the problem is we'd have no option but to play starters. If we were going to play 50 friendlies, you could just about be guaranteed we'd have all our starters hurt.

1 extra friendly with the size of roster we have is ridicolous.
    This is a problem if the game is crammed in mid-week. But this is not the case; the next game isn't for 8 days; and the previous one is 6 days. And the game that got moved, got moved to a gap in the schedule. I've spoken out in the past about not having friendlies when the schedule is clogged. But this is not the case here (I'm more concerned about rumoured July 22nd friendly ... but rumours haven't meant much so far).

Oh, and I payed $120 for my ticket to this friendly, now all of a sudden, that's not enough money to cover Real Madrid's C team. Give me a break.
    You might have Red seats, but most people don't, and didn't pay that much. A back of the envelope calculation, using an assumption that medium-grey is the median price would give about $850,000 of money from the ST packages. That pretty much pays for the grass ...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know... I'm saving my vitriol for later, thanks. I said it in the other thread - life's to short to worry about things we don't even have the facts on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Boo tickets at premium. Yay Real Madrid!!! I hope they don't rape me too hard for tickets, I am a starving student and want to be able to go, but FUCKING AWESOME
    Quote Originally Posted by King Jeff View Post
    Unless the prices are insane, I'm still going. Pretty weak that we'll still need to buy tickets, but you've got to pay for Madrid and grass somehow.
    And this is why they do what they do.

Mikey

I'm guessing after this screw up, there won't be any friendlies included in next years STH package......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    This is a problem if the game is crammed in mid-week. But this is not the case; the next game isn't for 8 days; and the previous one is 6 days. And the game that got moved, got moved to a gap in the schedule. I've spoken out in the past about not having friendlies when the schedule is clogged. But this is not the case here (I'm more concerned about rumoured July 22nd friendly ... but rumours haven't meant much so far).

You might have Red seats, but most people don't, and didn't pay that much. A back of the envelope calculation, using an assumption that medium-grey is the median price would give about $850,000 of money from the ST packages. That pretty much pays for the grass ...
    l have people at work wanting my tickets. mmmmmmm l should be able to pay off my season tickets for next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post

I'm in 109. They aren't reds. And those seats were $120 bucks last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Pauls never gonna here the end of this.

Also, the grass is only for one game?
    Why wouldn't it be kept?!?!?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    lol Pauls never gonna here the end of this.

Also, the grass is only for one game?
    Why wouldn't it be kept?!?!?
    Because it is temporary grass that probaly wont even hold up through the full 90 minutes.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll hold up for the 90. But not too much more.

And I say that based on the same grass being used elsewhere for the same kind of games put overtop of turf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sulfur View Post

And I say that based on the same grass being used elsewhere for the same kind of games put overtop of turf.
    lol and I thought the tire track marks on the plastic pitch looked bad.
    What an abomination this is going to be lol.
    Aww well, nice to see a solid team coming in for a friendly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sulfur View Post

The example I was thinking of was the 2008 Champions League fnial where they laid grass over top of the turf in Moscow.

I very much doubt MLSE knows something UEFA doesnt about how to maintain a grass pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    The example I was thinking of was the 2008 Champions League fnial where they laid grass over top of the turf in Moscow.

I very much doubt MLSE knows something UEFA doesnt about how to maintain a grass pitch.
    yeah they don't even know how to maintain fake grass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rochdale View Post
    l have people at work wanting my tickets. mmmmmmm l should be able to pay off my season tickets for next year.
    great minds think alike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since this game isn't even included in the STH package, why is it not being held at Rogers Centre? I know the Jays are at home that day but it seems that Real are flexible it terms of scheduling ... I'm sure something could have been arranged.

Anyways, this is going to be great. I'm not pissed about this not being included in the STH package (unless of course the other friendly team turns out to be Burnley). I just wish the game was being held at Rogers Centre so I could have actually afforded the tickets. With only 20,000 seats available, I don't see myself paying attending the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rochdale View Post
    Do we know if the season ticket holders will get first choice of tickets to the Real game?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is everyone assuming this will be Real's B/C/D team? As far as I know (talked to some TFC office people about this once), there are contracts in place to ensure that certain players play at least a certain amount of time (+/- 75 minutes).

e.g. we got 89 minutes of Rui Costa when Tfc played Benfica.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DID i just read..this is not apart of the FRIENDLY season seat game.....Madrid will be sold at Priemium costs.....and they will add another game....for the SS SUCKERS at a further date!???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Do we know if the season ticket holders will get first choice of tickets to the Real game?
    They better get. From the benefits page on TFC website:

Exclusive Access - We have special offers just for Season Seat Holders for Toronto FC matches, invites to our club's events and fundraisers, sweet opportunities to participate in match day activities from Toronto FC's corporate partners and discounts on Toronto FC merchandise at CentreSports and BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    DID i just read..this is not apart of the FRIENDLY season seat game.....Madrid will be sold at Priemium costs.....and they will add another game....for the SS SUCKERS at a further date!???
    Yes you did. My ass is so stretched out by now that I barely feel Tannenbaum and MLSE fucking me any more.

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by OneLoveOneEric View Post
    Yes you did. My ass is so stretched out by now that I barely feel Tannenbaum and MLSE fucking me any more.
    Pass the lube.

Seattle gets Barca and Chelski...included in their seasons ticket packages

http://www.soundersfc.com/Matchday/Schedule.aspx

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real Madrid just lost to Mallorca 3-1, we can do this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let me get this straight???

MLS changes a long scheduled league game because it has the chance to make some money by bringing Real Madrid to Toronto.

But last year when TFC had NINE SENIOR PLAYERS AWAY on international duty the league would not even consider changing the scheduling of that game against Chivas.

It is obvious that ML$ and ML$E only care about one thing, and that does not include the importance of having a competitive professionally run league. Forcing us to dress a coach and Rick Titus (Who ROCKS!!!) against Chivas last year, and now rescheduling this game just to bring in Madrid makes this league look like the bush league outfit it often appears to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post
    Pass the lube.

WOW. FUCK ME why am I stuck in a city with a piece of shit owner that owns all the teams I support? Oh, and Seattle has TURF as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    Why is everyone assuming this will be Real's B/C/D team? As far as I know (talked to some TFC office people about this once), there are contracts in place to ensure that certain players play at least a certain amount of time (+/- 75 minutes).

e.g. we got 89 minutes of Rui Costa when Tfc played Benfica.
    yeah real does not want to lose this game. its all about pride, respect and honour in the end. thats why they try to win la liga. it would make them look worse if they lost this game than if they lost to sayy barca.

olegunnar

WOW. FUCK ME why am I stuck in a city with a piece of shit owner that owns all the teams I support? Oh, and Seattle has TURF as well.
    That's okay

We should all be thankful and make sure to be extra super duper happy when our friendly game is against the Rochester Rhinos.

Also, we need to make sure the negative nellies don't over run the message board, so lets have an excuse making session at shoeless joes.

i've got some suggestions
    we have turf
    it's canada
    MLSE is really busy
    Teachers make too much money

I think we can start there....then if there's extra time we can talk about the Rollin with Ricketts scarfs we're going to order. They'll go really well with the Carver ones.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post
    Pass the lube.

They can roll back the upper deck and seat many more than our little SSS can.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto