Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Rescheduling, time changes, etc. happen in the Prem all the time.
    Yeah, they are rescheduled for friendlies all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Rescheduling, time changes, etc. happen in the Prem all the time.
    Thank you for beating me to this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    Yeah, they are rescheduled for friendlies all the time.
    Hmmmmm.

Red Bull New York or Real Madrid,
    Red Bull New York or Real Madrid.

I can't believe that anybody is actually choosing Red Bull New York!

One of the biggest teams in the world may be coming to Toronto but some people want to see a side that not even New Yorkers are going to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Hmmmmm.

Red Bull New York or Real Madrid.

I can't believe that anybody is actually choosing Red Bull New York!

One of the biggest teams in the world may be coming to Toronto but some people want to see a side that not even New Yorkers are going to see.

Regular season home game that really means something for TFC in the standings or friendly that means nothing
    Regular season home game that really means something for TFC in the standings or friendly that means nothing

If I get to see another game, that's great. But for me and many other people, that's not the issue. Many, many supporters have scheduled their summer and made adjustments for vacations, work, family functions etc... so that we can see all of TFC home games.

To reschedule a home game almost half way through the season, moving it a month ahead for a friendly is really stupid. That really messes up a lot of peoples schedules.

It hasn't even been determined if a friendly is going in place of Aug 9, so its not like for sure they are just going to switch dates. There will be a lot of people who perhaps won't be able to attend both games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friendly against Real Madrid doesn't mean nothing, if TFC plays well they could win over plenty of fans. A few of my friends only started following after they saw them tie Benfica, so whose to say that can't happen again. Any exposure for TFC is great, i don't care if they move a game against NY for Real Madrid, neither should you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    A friendly against Real Madrid doesn't mean nothing, if TFC plays well they could win over plenty of fans. A few of my friends only started following after they saw them tie Benfica, so whose to say that can't happen again. Any exposure for TFC is great, i don't care if they move a game against NY for Real Madrid, neither should you.
    And that's my main concern as a supporter and a very valid reason for me and many other supporters to miss a regular season home game... For TFC to win over more fans.

Where's the shoot me in the head smiley. I need to stop coming here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two home games during the Summer season is total bullshit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely agree with MM the League means more this year since we have a realistic shot at the playoffs.
    Last edited by Cambridge_Red; 05-31-2009 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What exactly is the point of Twitter anyway?

T-Bird

OK so if this is true, now we only have one home game in July AND August? That is G4Y!!

T-Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan69 View Post
    What exactly is the point of Twitter anyway?

Point = Internet nerds

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird View Post
    OK so if this is true, now we only have one home game in July AND August? That is G4Y!!
    I've though the schedule sucked from the day it was announced. I agree, if it works out to only one home game in July and August it will just make it worse.

Oh yeah, only one home game in September too ... at least we got 9 home games in April and May

T-Bird

This isn't a premium game is it? I thought for some reason that one of the NY games was but not sure...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK so if this is true, now we only have one home game in July AND August?
    No ... where did you get that? July 18 against Houston and August 15th against D.C. Also there could be up to 4 home Champions League games in July and August, and 2 home friendlies. Up to 8 games in 2 months ... plus up to 9 away games.

This isn't a premium game is it? I thought for some reason that one of the NY games was but not sure...
    Both New York games are premium, along with the Chicago game, and the season home opener and closer.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Oh one other thing...great job scheduling this year guys...now 1 home game in July and 1 home game in August...2 home games ALL summer...fantastic planning and negotiation skills.
    My sentiments exactly. MLSE needs to get tough with MLS next year on scheduling. TFC probably have amongst the higher attendance levels in MLS and should be given preferential treatment for home games that can maximize attendance.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S224 View Post
    My sentiments exactly. MLSE needs to get tough with MLS next year on scheduling. TFC probably have amongst the higher attendance levels in MLS and should be given preferential treatment for home games that can maximize attendance.
    This really shows what MLS thinks of supporters, and how it doesn't give a crap about encouraging any kind of supporter culture, where fans might go to away games in big numbers.

New York supporters, want to go to Toronto to cheer on your team and try and shut up those obnoxious Canadians? Let's organise flights, hotels, maybe make a weekend of it, sounds great. And then all of a sudden the league says, "No, you're not playing in August any more, we've rearranged it for a date that's barely two weeks away, hope you can still make it!"

The missus and I are currently debating a weekend in either Chicago or new York including a tfc game. If we booked something, and then this shit happened I would be super pissed.

T-Bird

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    No ... where did you get that? July 18 against Houston and August 15th against D.C. Also there could be up to 4 home Champions League games in July and August, and 2 home friendlies. Up to 8 games in 2 months ... plus up to 9 away games.
    From the schedule...but thanks for the extra info

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Both New York games are premium, along with the Chicago game, and the season home opener and closer.
    Excellent! Thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    New York supporters, want to go to Toronto to cheer on your team and try and shut up those obnoxious Canadians? Let's organise flights, hotels, maybe make a weekend of it, sounds great. And then all of a sudden the league says, "No, you're not playing in August any more, we've rearranged it for a date that's barely two weeks away, hope you can still make it!"
    You are correct. A friend of mine from New York had already booked a day off work and organized travel to Toronto just for the NYRB-TFC game in August. I just sent him an email about the date change and he can't make it to the new date.
    He is so fuming mad about this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    No fucking way... You can't just reschedule a posted regular season game!!! Don't they know how many people plan their summer around the schedule with work, weddings, holidays etc... ?!?!

There's no legit reason. Friendly game or whatever.

Please, everyone email your ticket rep. Let Paul B. know how you feel on Twitter. They can't do this.
    Sorry dude, but they control this stuff. Games get moved in England all the time.

Also, I can confirm that I had heard this game would be moved to June 13 before today as well. TV listings page will probably change too....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlsnet.com//news/team_new....jsp&team=t280

Toronto FC announced Friday that the match scheduled for Sunday, August 9 against the New York Red Bulls at BMO Field has been changed due to a potential conflict at BMO Field. The new date for the game will now be Saturday, June 13 with an 8p.m. ET kick off.
    The match will now be televised on Rogers Sportsnet, as well as heard on THE FAN 590 radio with play by play man Dan Dunleavy

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a night game, excellent.
    c'mon you Reds!

T-Bird

Oh excellent! Was just about to ask about this! Keeping my fingers crossed they will show it at The Rockcliffe in Minden!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8pm on a saturday... plenty of time to get reved up during the day!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tfc/rbny

Hey all,

I have a pair of tix for the June 13th game, originally able to go to the August match, but now i can't go in June...

Paid $110 for the pair in my package as it was "PREMIUM" lol

Let me know what you're thinking...

blake.bentley@flyjazz.ca

Cheers

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put 'em in the ticket trader. More likely that people will see them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    You are correct. A friend of mine from New York had already booked a day off work and organized travel to Toronto just for the NYRB-TFC game in August. I just sent him an email about the date change and he can't make it to the new date.
    He is so fuming mad about this.
    i was not happy about the change either. i had planned to take my father to the game because he works 6 days a week and Sunday's is the only day he can actually go to a game.

i sold the tickets yesterday, fuck em.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who the fuck is this Twitter fuck?
    Is he a new member, 'cause I sure as shit never heard of him/her and I haven't seen one fucking post from Twitter buteverywhere you all talk about this douche like his/her shit don't stink!!
    I checked the membership on every fucking SG site, no Twitter!
    What the fuck?
    Is this some kinda code?
    KD.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bee dubya View Post
    Sorry dude, but they control this stuff. Games get moved in England all the time.
    I keep hearing this. Can someone point me to an instance where this happened for a friendly? Please don't quote European games (Uefa, Champions League etc.) or Cup games.

I asked my friend in England about this issue and he was blown away by it. He actually had a chuckle about it. I felt embarrassed for us. But then again, his team plays in a real league and they don't cream their pants when Real Madrid come to town.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Games in England are almost never rescheduled. I can think of some (rare) occasions when it's done to accomodate a FA Cup replay. In the Championship, sometimes a Saturday or Sunday game is moved to a Monday so that it can be aired on SKY - again, rare. I can't remember a game ever being rescheduled for a friendly, I don't think that it's ever happened. In fact, I'm 99.99% certain that it hasn't happened.

Keep in mind, that nowhere in England - not even Newcastle to Portsmouth - requires travelling fans to book flights or hotel rooms, so it doesn't cause a huge problem there. Even with that in mind, the still almost never reschedule.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is true right down to Non-League Football. And furthermore, they would absolutely NEVER move the game up two months - that's the real kick in the groin for loyal fans. 'Supporters' or not.