Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T0R0NT0 FC View Post
    My friend and I were positive that we heard the announcer at today's TFC match say that if you brought your ticket for today's match to Lamport for the youth/reserve match today at 7pm you would be allowed in free. Well, apparently "free" is 5$ each.

We told them what the announcer said, but the 18 yr old girl working the gate said it was still 5$, so we said f@#k it and left out of principle.

When the match was started (as we passed the pitch in the street car) there were maybe 30 people in the entire stands watching the game.

It makes total sense that they would allow people in for free to check out atleast one match. Especially since the TFC match just ended. Then more fans might come out the next time and pay to support them.

After being told one thing and then another at the gate we just said f@#k and left. It wasnt' about the 5$ to get in. If your going to have a promotion, make sure your staff knows about it.

Because Im' sure as hell not going to another match there ever again.
    Sorry, it was $5. It was in the email to SSTH and on the website. Didn't hear it over the PA system. Next time I'll spot you the FIVE BUCKS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.....and....I was worried about the laross lines for today's match but I totally forgot about them as I didn't see any from my seat...I am almost at field level though so.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a man crush for Barrett....he leaves everything on the pitch every game....if he scores every 2-3 games I'm fine with that. YES, I wish he would hit the net more and finish a few extra chances but I won't complain about him. He's got heart and it shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good game, however all three goals came from our creative midfielders. WE need help in the forward area. Dichio is a good player, but he cannot play all the games anymore, he is a good substitute with the occassional start. We need to either find a clone of Dichio who is a bit younger, or start looking elsewhere. Personally of all the ex Reds I'd like back, I'd like Eskandarian...he worked hard and can score the odd goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wooooo, just got home.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the game a second time which allowed me to watch the teams movement and such more closely without the vested emotion of watching the game live.

First and foremost.. Chad played GREAT. Get off his back for today. He only had two chances on goal this game. One from a near impossible angle while running full tilt and the other with two defenders draped all over him. He came back and played hard defensively through the midfield and all the way back to our box at times.

Nana played great also. He watched the Revs forwards well and made no nonsense clearances at all the right times.

Vitti is so good at handling the ball and creating goal scoring chances.
    Believe me when I say this... theres a spot on this team for Vitti and if he played it he'd deserve every penny of his salary. Problem is, it's already been filled by Guevara. Vitti is a natural born CAM. Wither or not he's worth us keeping as a striker is another matter. If Guevara is planning on leaving next season, then yes we need to keep Vitti.

After the final goal we played really nice posession ball the last 20 or so minites making good passes and still attacking when the opprotunities presented themselves. This is something I've NEVER seen this team do.
    Usually we only counter or just sit back when we have the lead.

The Ref was a god send! He played advantage at all the right times.
    The thing I liked most about him was that he let the boys play a physical game and called leg fouls and knocks to the head. Upper body physicality was fair game for the most part and thats how I like my football.
    TFC needs to pester MLS to try and get him on as many of our games as possible.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the year of 'Firsts'? 1st time to beat the Revs, 1st time to win from from a goal down, 1st time to get points in RFK...I know there are more but it seems like this is the break through year for the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great win...not because we played great (because we've played better this year), but because we TOOK OUR CHANCES!

Also wanted to take this opportunity to thank the Rooneys for the fantastic and totally unexpected gift of an argyle scarf. Awesome, awesome gift guys...you're both amazing.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone FC View Post
    Is this the year of 'Firsts'? 1st time to beat the Revs, 1st time to win from from a goal down, 1st time to get points in RFK...I know there are more but it seems like this is the break through year for the squad.
    This year will be a year of firsts -- let's hope it cumulates with the first playoff berth and maybe even the MLS Cup!

I know, wishful thinking...But hey, let me dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loved serioux and nana today.

nana is one solid player. he doesn't look as big as serioux, but he has great strength.... and he's a good header + good sense of where he needs to be. I feel really comfortable with him. He's an MLS starting defender at age 20... wow!

gonna go watch the MLS Matchcenter recording now to see if my in-person observations were right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone FC View Post
    We still need a hat-trick and a win over Columbus. Those two things along with a playoff berth would make this truly a year of firsts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ twistedchinaman: Not really all that wishful thinking... anything can happen in this league. Look at the NYRB last year (even though they lost). But that's because they're shite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    Or is it possible for the train to hold about 5 minutes at Exhibition? Of course it'd be prohibitively expensive to build a passing loop platform there...
    That train is almost always 5-minutes late ... it's quite easy to catch at the end of the game. The bigger issue is the westbound that leaves at about 47 minutes past the hour.

Hopefully by next year we'll have trains every 30-minutes ... but even then, I expect that people will be leaving the game early.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    .....and....I was worried about the laross lines for today's match but I totally forgot about them as I didn't see any from my seat...I am almost at field level though so.....
    They were quite visible from 104 ... though looking at the TV replay, they looked far worse at the north end, than the south end.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great post game celebration!

Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    First and foremost.. Chad played GREAT.
    Totally.

theres a spot on this team for Vitti and if he played it he'd deserve every penny of his salary. Problem is, it's already been filled by Guevara.
    Awesome observation. That answers 'The Vitti Question' in my mind.

The Ref was a god send!...He let the boys play a physical game and called leg fouls and knocks to the head. Upper body physicality was fair game for the most part...
    Another excellent observation. I was wondering why the people around me who normally complain about the ref weren't complaining about the ref, and this is why.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ref was a god send! He played advantage at all the right times.
    The thing I liked most about him was that he let the boys play a physical game and called leg fouls and knocks to the head. Upper body physicality was fair game for the most part and thats how I like my football.
    TFC needs to pester MLS to try and get him on as many of our games as possible.
    Michael Kennedy has impressed me before the couple of times I've seen him. IMO he is one of the best MLS refs. Carol-Anne Chenard, the 4th official for this match is also quite good.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just realized that we're 5-1-2 with Cummins.
    WOW! Carver who?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now, FYI:

RIGHT NOW...

TFC 3-1 NER (F)
    RSL 0-0 DCU (F)
    HOU 3-1 SJE (73')
    KCW [10] 1-1 CHV (67') - EDIT: Wolff ejected.
    FCD [10] 1-1 LAG (72')
    COL 1-1 SEA (26')
    Last edited by twistedchinaman; 05-23-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just in from the game...12:38 am sunday morning//love the ontario transportation system...anyhoo great game by the Reds....all players get 9 out of 10..their quick responce after NE scored was great..the best game of the season IMHO...
    Guevara 2 goals man of the match...hes been brill this season..NE not the team
    they have been...they are in transition...well done reds..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just realized that we're 5-1-2 with Cummins.
    WOW! Carver who?

give two of those wins to Carver or share them when he sat in the box,
    But after last weeks poor effort against Chicago...it was good to see the club fight back after going a goal down

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Just in from the game...12:38 am sunday morning//love the ontario transportation system...
    Ouch ... I walked in the door at 6:38 pm, after taking the GO and a streetcar. I have to give you credit for coming; I'm not sure I'd be so loyal!!

Buy why didn't you catch the VIA train that get's into Brantford at 8:20 pm?
    Last edited by nfitz; 05-24-2009 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing result, and it felt nice not to be on shaky ground nearing the 90 minute mark.

Some funny chanting in 106, we had a guy with a Revs shirt - Dube on the back - and after we took the lead a pile of people started chanting Dube! to him He had a laugh and was waving back.. it started up again a few times and lastly as he was leaving in the 86th minute.. "DUBE! DUBE! DUBE!" and with a smile he took off the shirt and left in his wife-beater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post

Fans leaving early - WHAT. THE. FUCKING. HELL. The empty stands at the end are disgraceful! Either FO has to work with GO and Toronto Terminals Railway to schedule the trains better, get the gates open sooner before the game, and getting the exits open and clear. IS IT THAT FUCKING HARD?!?!?!?!
    agreed on the leaving early bit but on the bright side of things great attendance today with 20,478 people, the highest attendance since the Seattle game

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
    agreed on the leaving early bit but on the bright side of things great attendance today with 20,478 people, the highest attendance since the Seattle game

The biggest beef I have is that every year I only get the pleasure to go to one game LIVE (I've been to LA and SJ before TO -- strange I know), and it's a cryin' shame to just leave like that. You're there for the full 90' or you might as well watch it on TV like I do week in and week out. Besides, there is always a next train/streetcar/etc.

But that's just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    Sorry, it was $5. It was in the email to SSTH and on the website. Didn't hear it over the PA system. Next time I'll spot you the FIVE BUCKS.

Hmm... I guess the chanting in the supporters section was too loud for me to cleary hear it. But still, they should be free. Then more people would go.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wynne had the marvelous (get it marvelous?) cross that set up the first goal.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    (get it marvelous?)
    Would've been better as Marvellous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game.

Here's my one gripe....

This is to whomever is in 112 and chants "We smoke weed all day, we drink beer all day".....you're all top class losers, undisputed.

It's one thing to be ignorant enough to chant that knowing that children are within earshot....but it's almost worse to be bragging about it. Like if you do in fact smoke weed and drink beer all day...that's cool, I indulge myself...but to jump up and down and sing about it had to be the most pathetic display of adult human behavior I've ever seen in any place. I tip my cap to you, sweaty-armpitted donkey man at the top of 112.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ and the 20 or so followers around him