Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: David Edgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T_Mizz View Post
    Now you must be jokin
    But I agree a 21 year old DP who's not a superstar is kind of against the spirit of the DP rule to begin with
    Thats my point he is 21/22 many years to make his name in Europe yet......needs away from the trainwreck thts NFC at the moment tho, and as he hasnt "made" his name yet that only leaves him with options that are not as good as coming home to TFC....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario Arab View Post
    Hey Miss Mizz....how many years does he need to develop?????The guy hasnt shown anything for Newcastle, who are a poor epl team and the excuse of his youth is running out. Maybe he just doesnt want to be abroad anymore in the situation he is in.....He could make an obscene ammount of money in MLS too as TFC captain....his game doesnt seem to have helped Newcastle develop over the last few years and probabley wont help an inferior European team either but if he comes home it may just help a team like TFC in MLS.....as a human being Id be asking myself these questions around now...who knows...I just think he is the missing link with Serioux as far as our Defence goes......I think also given NFC,s present troubles it would be easy to do........More Beers please LOL.
    First off the kid is 4 days removed from his 22nd birthday so I believe he still gets a pass as young.
    Second he has shown enough to get himself 12 apps (7 starts) for Newcastle
    Third, TFC Captain???? Really???
    Fourth I said he needs to develop his game not use his game to develop a club (whatever that even means)
    Fifth the money is not very obscene in the MLS, unless you're THE guy on your team which at this point in his career he would not be
    The one thing in your post I do agree with is that we could all use more beers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trust me Edgar will never come to TFC. With Newcastle on the verge of going down I think he will get more playing time next season . It would be nice .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF i was in his position i'd much rather play on a Newcastle team who gets relegated so you can in turn play for promotion...which dare i say it..still seems more prestigious than most awards in mls.
    however i can see why i should at least entertain the idea of returning..but not as a DP and maybe not even to toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sabre22 View Post
    actually no joke. serioux and brenan cmnt and wynn usnt, so yes he would have trouble making it
    well you seem to be forgetting that all important gap in the defense we've struggled to fill this year with Velez/Harmse/Attakora
    Also I think he'd probably get some time at RB seeing as how Attakora did and I'm pretty sure Edgar is better than Attakora

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well you seem to be forgetting that all important gap in the defense we've struggled to fill this year with Velez/Harmse/Attakora
    Also I think he'd probably get some time at RB seeing as how Attakora did and I'm pretty sure Edgar is better than Attakora
    Look the kid is ok, but just watching him live with the u20's was dissapointing, but maybe he did not have a good supporting cast with him. I just think the talk of Dp is way off, but maybe he could help us. And yes he is very young and might develop into a great player one day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sabre22 View Post
    Look the kid is ok, but just watching him live with the u20's was dissapointing, but maybe he did not have a good supporting cast with him. I just think the talk of Dp is way off, but maybe he could help us. And yes he is very young and might develop into a great player one day.
    Precisely. This is the middle ground that should be reached, he's a good young player that could develop into a great one but at this time he's not right for our DP slot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why...........its the kind of thing that needs attempted at least and I really couldnt give a fuck if it goes down hill fast...its the internet so who gives a fuck. The guy is Newcastle Reserve team captain, hes Canadian, he is probabley fed up and would love to come home...hes a CB and a team leader......DP written all over him and just what this team needs. Now if someone at MLSE had big balls they would at least make a pitch for him even if it was a loan deal......
    Fed up with being reserve team captain for a prem team? Geez, he's that good and you think he might come here???? Pipe dream.
    And if you can't dislodge Colocinni (sp?) after how bad he's been this year........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off the kid is 4 days removed from his 22nd birthday so I believe he still gets a pass as young.
    Second he has shown enough to get himself 12 apps (7 starts) for Newcastle
    Third, TFC Captain???? Really???
    Fourth I said he needs to develop his game not use his game to develop a club (whatever that even means)
    Fifth the money is not very obscene in the MLS, unless you're THE guy on your team which at this point in his career he would not be
    The one thing in your post I do agree with is that we could all use more beers
    So 22 year olds, and there are lots, are still kids on the football pitch....some of them win golden boots.......didnt say he wasnt young, or in the golden boot winning calibre..... just that given his time at a senior club like NFC Im pretty sure he wouldnt regard himself as a "kid" anymore......12 caps for Newcastle is nothing to write home and tell your Nana about but its also nothing to be ashamed off either. What are his options.....play for NFC in the Championship for the next 5 yrs(if NFC go down they could be totally fecked like Leeds) and maybe do enough to get a Utility player position at a low end EPL team one season ........Or maybe they dont go down on Sunday.....play as a Utility player for Newcastle for the next 2 seasons then maybe sign for someone else..........and then come back to NA to retire or pasture as they say for money........At his pinnacle age he should be signing for a team like TFC who will grow with him and who he can become a leader with....Potentially a Captain for TFC........the guy is a born leader, thats why he is NFC reserve team captain, they dont give that to "kids"......Good teams are built around a good core of young players, the type of players you can afford, as a club, to keep together for a few years who become friends. I cannot think of a better guy for TFC to sign at the moment. He is Young. He has Experience.He is still ambitious and when 25 maybe he could go back to the EPL having captained TFC to back to back MLS titles and command himself some serious coin.....if he stays where he is you will not hear his name again in 2 years.......OK thats way too serious but honestley TFC would be nuts not to ask NFC for him in some capacity.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it could be another thing to think about for edgar that could make him consider comming over here, playing with fellow CMNT members constantly if he came here to TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Precisely. This is the middle ground that should be reached, he's a good young player that could develop into a great one but at this time he's not right for our DP slot.
    I wasnt really leaning towards a DP slot Id rather see that go to..???? >>>>>>>>????? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Fed up with being reserve team captain for a prem team? Geez, he's that good and you think he might come here???? Pipe dream.
    And if you can't dislodge Colocinni (sp?) after how bad he's been this year........
    Whats wrong with that.....a prem team thats going down..Id be pissed pretty sure you would be too....might imagine ud be pissed at the fact your reserve squad were not given a chance to try and do anything about it because your manager kept playing a forgotten star like Owen...lol............lol....lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but that is the thing, as stated above a few times, if newcastle get relegated, he may get more first team experience so he would stay, if htey do get relegated and hes still not starting then the though of maybe comming back home would be more appealing, this thread was started to early with to many variables :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im shocked he wasnt called up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, the Toon are not going down and secondly David Edgar is in talks about a new two year contract at Newcastle. He ain't coming to TFC.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by geordieboy View Post
    Firstly, the Toon are not going down and secondly David Edgar is in talks about a new two year contract at Newcastle. He ain't coming to TFC.
    And he said recently that he doesn't want to come to MLS or TFC.
    Maybe at the end of his career,but not now.
    Can't blame him.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by geordieboy View Post
    This may be a bit off topic but aren't they currently in the dropzone with only Aston Villa left?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    And he said recently that he doesn't want to come to MLS or TFC.
    Maybe at the end of his career,but not now.
    Can't blame him.
    If you recall Red Patch Live! last year (some of you may) - I had spoken with David on the sideline whilst he was warming up. In short he said the team needs much more than him to be successful (a polite way of saying they are deplorable - though a little better this year), he followed by saying the MLS was..... enter answer here_________. As a side note, I'm a little embarrassed that I have posted in this particular thread.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Assumptions made by the OP:

"probabley fed up and would love to come home"
    "who for the right kind of cash would come to TFC"
    "guy knows he is going NOWHERE at present."
    "DeRo is a HUGE Star in MLS"
    "At his age becoming a major star in MLS surely isnt going to damage his chances of securing a major deal in the future...its called showcasing"
    "He could make an obscene ammount of money in MLS too as TFC captain."

Facts that fly into the face of the argument

CASH: TFC have an operating income of $2.1M. The average EPL player makes $1.5M CDN. Edgar (at 20) is surely calculating that he will be making the average in the near future.

"Going Nowhere": A young Canadian playing in the EPL. If that isn't enough to suggest that he is going somewhere, I'm not sure I can help

"DeRo is a HUGE star": He's not even a HUGE star in Toronto. He's a hit with fans but on the North American sports landscape he's insignificant. Endorsement deals are not rolling in. My assumption is that De Rossario would trade places with Edgar in a second (or Hargreaves, or De Guzman or Stalteri, etc).

It's not realistic my friend. Great pipe dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T Mizz, yes NUFC are in the drop zone but Hull and Sunderland will lose and The Toon will get at least a point at Villa, thus safety

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill be having a party when this thread dies
    strippers and whores when this thread dies
    put turf at bmo when this thread dies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH its no more crazy than the "Figo Needs a home" thread.....which defo wont happen......
    ya i duno why ppl are even thinking a player like FIGO would want to come to toronto ontario canada and play on fake grass
    not gonna happen, never in this lifetime....

if we could ever get a player lets say as big as beckham, it would be michael owen and thats it, and he would only be here for a few yrs..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure I'm about to get bashed, but David Edgar will forever be overrated to me until I see him play a decent game for Canada. Or even Newcastle if he ever gets into a game. All I can say is this kid looked absolutely horrendous in the U-20. For someone who was playing (well riding the pines) at the top level in Europe he sure did get outplayed by most other kids his age. For those that are going to say that the entire team looked bad, well not so much. Begovic looked incredible to me and right away I knew this could is going to have a bright future. Your team can be shit, doesn't mean you can't make an impression.

Maybe he's good enough for TFC, but he's still overrated. I think we'll find Newcastle giving up on him soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^It's certainly true that the number of people on these boards that have seen Edgar play much (ie for the Newcastle reserves) has to be zero.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If David Edgar was tired of Newcastle or looking for guaranteed playing time there are lots of english options for him that would be tons better than TFC. Any top team in the Championship would provide him with more money, a better level of competition and more opportunity for career advancement than any MLS team ever could at this time in his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Edgar would not return to Canada unless it was DP money, and I don't see him being a DP target yet, I'd sooner Toronto brought back DeGuzman as a DP if anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you even want a Canadian DP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jonathan DeGuzman is one player worth DPing, however we all know he is not coming back to Canada just yet. And from what I know he also does not like artificial turf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely don't want Edger anymore.
    Nana is coming along very nicely and the DP spot and hit againest the cap would be wasted on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sampace View Post
    Jonathan DeGuzman is one player worth DPing, however we all know he is not coming back to Canada just yet. And from what I know he also does not like artificial turf.
    Jonathan who? I'm sorry that name has been stricken from my memory