Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Edgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default David Edgar

Why wouldn,t we.............Newcastle going down on Sunday....costs money but exactly what we need........

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that you don't take this the wrong way, because these sorts of threads tend to go downhill fast.

But dude...it's not even likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why...........its the kind of thing that needs attempted at least and I really couldnt give a fuck if it goes down hill fast...its the internet so who gives a fuck. The guy is Newcastle Reserve team captain, hes Canadian, he is probabley fed up and would love to come home...hes a CB and a team leader......DP written all over him and just what this team needs. Now if someone at MLSE had big balls they would at least make a pitch for him even if it was a loan deal......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH its no more crazy than the "Figo Needs a home" thread.....which defo wont happen......

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're missing one crucial fact here. The people who sign DP's do not search internet boards for ideas. And if they did, it wouldn't really be a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    You're missing one crucial fact here. The people who sign DP's do not search internet boards for ideas. And if they did, it wouldn't really be a good thing.
    Of course they dont mate cant imagine why you thought that........sure they have much better things to do with their time......but can you think of a better potentially available Canadian CB who is DP material who for the right kind of cash would come to TFC, cause I cant and if I was MOMO Id be making a phonecall on Monday morning.....pretty sure you would be also....OOOOpppsssss maybe you didnt understand my first post from lack of full stops etc.........TFC NEED to attempt such a thing.......Ontario Arab Couldnt give a fuck if its the internet....hope that clears it up. DAVID EDGAR should be TFC Captain for the next 5 years.
    Last edited by Ontario Arab; 05-22-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to use the DP on a goal scorer more than a CB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario Arab View Post
    Why...........its the kind of thing that needs attempted at least and I really couldnt give a fuck if it goes down hill fast...its the internet so who gives a fuck. The guy is Newcastle Reserve team captain, hes Canadian, he is probabley fed up and would love to come home...hes a CB and a team leader......DP written all over him and just what this team needs. Now if someone at MLSE had big balls they would at least make a pitch for him even if it was a loan deal......
    Hey, I'd like to see the kid play here but it's not happening any time soon.

It's very unlikely Newcastle is shopping the kid. If the do get relegated they will look to trim cost from the roster. This would actually be ideal for Edgar and may give him a shot at playing for Newcastle's first team.

Edgar is not interested in playing here at this stage of his career. He will look to other options in Europe before playing in the MLS.

He is not worth DP money ... or at least not proven he is yet.

Mo is not going to spend time chasing a player he has very little chance of signing.

So, yeah .. it would be great to have him but it just ain't happening.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next time you're talking to him (because I know you have been since he told you he was fed up) ask him to give me a call...it's been a few weeks and we're supposed to do dinner while I'm over there on business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post

It's very unlikely Newcastle is shopping the kid. If the do get relegated they will look to trim cost from the roster. This would actually be ideal for Edgar and may give him a shot at playing for Newcastle's first team.

Edgar is not interested in playing here at this stage of his career. He will look to other options in Europe before playing in the MLS.

Mo is not going to spend time chasing a player he has very little chance of signing.

Shopping or Not Suds....it would be a bad move not to even inquire would it not....what if the guy was soooo pissed off he would jump at the chance....old saying where Im from..."You dont ask, You dont get...".........also how long are we prepared to call him a "kid"...????

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Relax
    I am man...........lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    We need to use the DP on a goal scorer more than a CB.
    Totally Disagree. We have lots of goal scorers they just spend too much time on the back peddle due to a poor defence....Serioux is a start but he needs a partner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he will be in the SPL next season then...woooooooohoooooooooooooo wait a minute thats not possible due to the inferior quality of it, maybe Seria A or La Ligue or the Bundis....who knows............thats a big decision for the guy...
    Last edited by Ontario Arab; 05-22-2009 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If newcastle goes down i dont really see this as being super far fetched of an idea, unlikely sure, and i wouldnt spend DP money on him either, but i wouldnt think it would a bad idea at all. I remember in season 1 seeing him drinking a beer in the carlsberg section at a game, maybe the though of him being a big star here and in this league right now while hes still really young could boost his status. If i were him i probably would sorta be entertaining the idea in my brain as an option

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Reggie View Post
    If newcastle goes down i dont really see this as being super far fetched of an idea, unlikely sure, and i wouldnt spend DP money on him either, but i wouldnt think it would a bad idea at all. I remember in season 1 seeing him drinking a beer in the carlsberg section at a game, maybe the though of him being a big star here and in this league right now while hes still really young could boost his status. If i were him i probably would sorta be entertaining the idea in my brain as an option
    I bow down to your way of thinking mate.......... The guy knows he is going NOWHERE at present.If you think about it...DeRo is a HUGE Star in MLS, he hasnt done anything anywhere else in the world and I,m sure he goes home every night quite contented with his life........Edgar could be thinking the same way....all I meant by this post was that we as a team would be foolish not to ask Newcastle what it would take at least, that in itself shows a bright future for this club....if they say go fuck yourselves then thats that but maybe they would have other ideas...At his age becoming a major star in MLS surely isnt going to damage his chances of securing a major deal in the future...its called showcasing.....he gets nowhere near the press at the moment that he would if he lifted the MLS Championship........
    Last edited by Ontario Arab; 05-22-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He tried getting Deco last season, didn't he?
    Edgar would be a great addition to the team, however, I'd rather see the DP be a goal scorer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was he even legal at the time?
    kidding I believe he was born in 87 so he def was.
    And for the sake of this "discussion" it probably won't happen because Edgar is too good for MLS at this point in his career, although he seems to not be quite good enough for the EPL. I prefer to think of the glass being half full and I will say that if the MLS continues to grow in leaps and bounds we could possibly eventually see Edgar as the TFC skipper which would make my day everyday for at least a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all he'd never come. He's young and is at a top club in Europe. Why would he want to ruin his career by coming to Canada and taking a HUGE step back? Second of all, I wouldn't waste DP money on him. We could get a defender of equal or better quality for cheaper, he just wouldn't take up a domestic roster spot.

This is insane. If he wasn't Canadian we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario Arab View Post
    I bow down to your way of thinking mate.......... The guy knows he is going NOWHERE at present.If you think about it...DeRo is a HUGE Star in MLS, he hasnt done anything anywhere else in the world and I,m sure he goes home every night quite contented with his life........Edgar could be thinking the same way....all I meant by this post was that we as a team would be foolish not to ask Newcastle what it would take at least, that in itself shows a bright future for this club....if they say go fuck yourselves then thats that but maybe they would have other ideas...At his age becoming a major star in MLS surely isnt going to damage his chances of securing a major deal in the future...its called showcasing.....he gets nowhere near the press at the moment that he would if he lifted the MLS Championship........
    agreed, we are on the same page, it would be a good option, play here for a few years, do well become a big name player in the league, then it would open doors for him while hes still young, he could go back to england make more money or it things were really good here and he was content stay. I would be entertaining the idea in my brain if i were him and hopefully mo would be thinking this and pitch it too him and newcastle, maybe even get him out on loan. Then again it all depends though if newcastle goes down and what there plans are for him in the future....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kitchener-TFC View Post
    He tried getting Deco last season, didn't he?
    Edgar would be a great addition to the team, however, I'd rather see the DP be a goal scorer.
    Huh, do you have proof of that?

Where would MLSE some up with approx $16M to sign a DP from Barca at the time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed, we are on the same page, it would be a good option, play here for a few years, do well become a big name player in the league, then it would open doors for him while hes still young, he could go back to england make more money or it things were really good here and he was content stay. I would be entertaining the idea in my brain if i were him and hopefully mo would be thinking this and pitch it too him and newcastle, maybe even get him out on loan. Then again it all depends though if newcastle goes down and what there plans are for him in the future....
    I like your style dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh, do you have proof of that?

Where would MLSE some up with approx $16M to sign a DP from Barca at the time?
    Barca dont have DP,s......only winding U up Suds...lol.....Watched them a few times over the years......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or alternatively he could stayin Europe, make an obscene amount of money while developing his game against/with the best players in the world and then follow th second half of your plan: staying in Europe
    Although I appreciate your optimism both of you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ hey, lots of what ifs, im just saying it would be an option and something to think about if i were edgar. Anyone know how much he currently makes? I mean if hes going to stay on the reserve team if newcastle goes down in the championship is he really playing top flight against the best players? It would be something to think about, but lets see what happens with newcastle tommorrow first...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DP, some of you guys must be joking, he would have trouble making our back 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ hey, lots of what ifs, im just saying it would be an option and something to think about if i were edgar. Anyone know how much he currently makes? I mean if hes going to stay on the reserve team if newcastle goes down in the championship is he really playing top flight against the best players? It would be something to think about, but lets see what happens with newcastle tommorrow first...
    Agreed, hopefully they can pull off the insanely improbable upset but I still haven't given up hope. I think with the playing time he's seen this year and a drop into the championship he'll see all the time he can handle although that is speculation until it actually happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T_Mizz View Post
    Or alternatively he could stayin Europe, make an obscene amount of money while developing his game against/with the best players in the world and then follow th second half of your plan: staying in Europe
    Although I appreciate your optimism both of you
    Hey Miss Mizz....how many years does he need to develop?????The guy hasnt shown anything for Newcastle, who are a poor epl team and the excuse of his youth is running out. Maybe he just doesnt want to be abroad anymore in the situation he is in.....He could make an obscene ammount of money in MLS too as TFC captain....his game doesnt seem to have helped Newcastle develop over the last few years and probabley wont help an inferior European team either but if he comes home it may just help a team like TFC in MLS.....as a human being Id be asking myself these questions around now...who knows...I just think he is the missing link with Serioux as far as our Defence goes......I think also given NFC,s present troubles it would be easy to do........More Beers please LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sabre22 View Post
    DP, some of you guys must be joking, he would have trouble making our back 4
    Now you must be jokin
    But I agree a 21 year old DP who's not a superstar is kind of against the spirit of the DP rule to begin with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T_Mizz View Post
    Now you must be jokin
    But I agree a 21 year old DP who's not a superstar is kind of against the spirit of the DP rule to begin with
    actually no joke. serioux and brenan cmnt and wynn usnt, so yes he would have trouble making it