Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chicago @ Toronto FC Postgame Thread

To paraphrase of Jim Mora.

"WIN?!! Win?! I just hope we can score a goal."

Barrett has to go. Vitti has to go. Some of it can be attributed to fatigue but the misses from these guys have been the story all season. Scrap everything and sign strikers. I don't care if it's one of the RPB members playing in a rec league. These 1-0 wins finally stopped and we've been bitchslapped by reality.

Frei had his worst game of the season. This defense had two crucial mental lapses that ended the game.

I'm not hitting the panic button, but these missed chances are going to kill us in the deep run.

By the way, Ricardo Salazar, you are a facking horrible ref.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's obvious...but the game completely turned on the NO CALL on the hand ball.

That and Barretts lack of finish killed us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not blaming the ref a bit. I agree with the calls. The questionable handball didnt impact play at all. Thats the standard for whether or not to call a penalty. It was just a soccer play. Then we stopped playing to complain and they scored. THATS when the real issue showed up: we could have had 2 or 3 goals

ALSO DERO!!! 'This turfs got to go" awesome

edit: forgot to finish my thought. Distracted by Deros interview. Anywho: Mo A STRIKER! My kingdom for a striker!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the no call, the defenders hands were into his body and not out wide as in Wynne's instances. Plus it did not stop a scoring chance.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ref = shite.
    Game = laugher.
    Barrett = the tribe has spoken.
    Vitti = lárgate, bastardo! (FluSH, please feel free to correct me)

Beer and Preakness Stakes time.
    Last edited by twistedchinaman; 05-16-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I somewhat agree.

It really turned when we decided to just let Chicago waltz their way into the opening goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO thataa boy Derooo.
    This Turfs Gotta Go. Im Sick of it hahahahahahah
    lets see what happens there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't win every game, especially with so many in a row. Chicago was good defensively and a little bit lucky with their goals. The handball would have been a very harsh penalty, but I'm sure we're doomed for a week of threads about how much MLS referees suck. I think some of the Frei->Europe threads also have to stop for a while, now that Frei has looked shaky two games running.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno if it was smart of DeRo to call out the turf on live TV, he should probably save that for his talks with management. But still, totally agree.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we the LEAFS now?
    We are always BITCHING AND COMPLAINING about the refs (not everyone, but it seems like the thing to do) ...

For 60 minutes, we couldn't do FUCK ALL ....
    It wasn't until they scored a goal (and where were the back four?), that TFC decided it was time to play footie.

Can someone buy Vittit and Barrett a fucking map, compass, and instructions on where the goal is? Holy crap .... we'll never win with such piss-poor decision-making!!
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne and Harmse were called on those handballs earlier in the season. But it's just not going Toronto's way (the penalty calls). But that's the least of our problems.

Finishing is dreadful. Cummins says "as long as we're creating chances, I'm not worried at all". Well Chris, you better start worrying if I'm honest with you. 20 minutes? Listen, Barrett needs 20 hours of finishing training every day, if I'm honest with ya'. Vitti: Dude, you gotta go bald or something. BTW, what an awful pitch.

..if I'm honest with ya' .

You wanted Bitching, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am watching the game on CBC and after the game DERO said " Im sick of this turf, it has to go, its killing our game". I wonder if our top players speaking out like that are gonna push on MLSE to get it done?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's time we start playing attractive football on a consistent basis. I think that the interest is waning in Toronto and it's because we never produce entertaining games. Just entertaining spurts.

Play attractive and get results, like against Montreal. Not this bull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    Wynne and Harmse were called on those handballs earlier in the season. But it's just not going Toronto's way (the penalty calls). But that's the least of our problems.

Finishing is dreadful. Cummins says "as long as we're creating chances, I'm not worried at all". Well Chris, you better start worrying if I'm honest with you. 20 minutes? Listen, Barrett needs 20 hours of finishing training every day, if I'm honest with ya'. Vitti: Dude, you gotta go bald or something. BTW, what an awful pitch.

..if I'm honest with ya' .

You wanted Bitching, right?
    the difference is the hands were out side in the calls against us and blocked passes from the other teams, the defender today had his hands against his body from a header pass from his own team mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great hearing that from Dero.

They better talk about his comments on the post game show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck, what a ridiculous outcome. We control possession huge chunks, have four or five golden opportunities and can't finish worth a fuck.

We need a fucking striker who can finish. Love the skills from Chad and Pablo, but it's like they're trying to fucking miss the net. Like it's a contest: which one of us can put together the most hilarious highlight reel of flubs this year?

Either O'Brien White is the real deal (and judging by the rest of this year's graduating class he might well be) or Mo's gotta get us a finisher; Cummins is doing everything right tactically and we're just not putting games away the way we should.

Yes, we've just had a good run. But pretty much all by single goals. Today, against a better team, we flubbed our finishes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I dunno if it was smart of DeRo to call out the turf on live TV, he should probably save that for his talks with management. But still, totally agree.
    I think the management is with him on it. Glad he said it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this game told us anything we didnt' know... We have zero wide midfield players and strikers (hopefully White is feeling ambitious). Back end of the roster needs to be cut for new blood along with the other obvious targets.

Mo's got some work to do this summer.

PS. we can't blame the ref for actually calling a good game while the rest of his peers do a piss job. All and all it didn't impact the game. No touchy fouls called, maybe a few 50/50's that were mis-handled. But other than that he controlled the game well. I think people are grasping at this based on the past, but the reffing today was acceptable.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-16-2009 at 05:11 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    It's time we start playing attractive football on a consistent basis. I think that the interest is waning in Toronto and it's because we never produce entertaining games. Just entertaining spurts.

Play attractive and get results, like against Montreal. Not this bull.

Chicago plays the ugly style, sort of like the trap in hockey. It's effective but lowbrow. We must not stoop to their level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    To paraphrase of Jim Mora.

By the way, Ricardo Salazar, you are a facking horrible ref.
    I wonder in three years how many points him and Baldomero Toledo cost us.....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to see that we aren't going to settle for mediocrity .... we deserve better than that crap we saw today!
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait for O'brian White to get healthy so we can see what he can do ... creating chances means nothing if you never put the ball in the net ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    the difference is the hands were out side in the calls against us and blocked passes from the other teams, the defender today had his hands against his body from a header pass from his own team mate.
    You may be right, but from what I remember, the one against Harmse and I believe one of the two against Wynne were similar.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Can't wait for O'brian White to get healthy so we can see what he can do ... creating chances means nothing if you never put the ball in the net ...
    Totally agree. No one cares how many players you beat, or how well the cross was .... as long as the ball doesn't go in the back of the net, it's worth spit.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a pretty ugly game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've stayed quiet on the whole Mo thing.

But what does it say to you that for 3 years running under his wing we're saying "We need a new striker"?

It's not working out. Even with these MLS rules that defy logic you gotta produce something.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

DO NOT GIVE ME THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT ABOUT THAT NON CALL HANDBALL BEING THE RIGHT CALL! THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED RIGHT ON THE FUCKING SPOT! PERIOD! IF THE REFS ARE GONNA CALL IT, LIKE THEY DID ON WYNNE, THEN YOU GODDAMN FUCKING CALL IT ON EVERYONE! MLS REFS ARE THE MOST INCOMPETENT PIECES OF FUCKING SHIT THAT FIFA EMPLOYES! SALAZAR, YOU ARE A FUCKING DOUCHESTAIN ON YOUR PROFESSION!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle's FieldTurf is miles better. Ours is all beat up and pounded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone on Big Soccer just mentioned we haven't scored more than 1 goal in any of our BMO games. Yet on the road we've scored 3 goals on two occasions.

This is alarming.

Could also say that (I believe) KC and DC have grass surfaces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last week the Montreal announcers said the Fieldturf was our advantage. This week it was Chicago's. Now how does that make sense? What is DeRo blaming his poor game on, the turf? How come it didn't bother the opposition..?