Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe a change of pace...and this may have ben talked about. I remember when they had the tournement a couple years ago throughout north america and cetlic and milan i think played and they pretty much sold out the rogers centre.

Heres my question why play a game at BMO with one of the most popular teams in the world and not a rogers centre? obvious reason would be mlse doesnt own it but DC Uniteds game against Real Madrid is being held at their football(american) stadium to accomadate all the fans. I know alot of people are hating and i agree with alot of it but how often do you get to see a top team in the world play against your team, unfortunatly during our season is the only way to play friendlies against top teams..

as for the price of the game it will be very expensive just like all friendlies, im guessing they had to pay Real to come here and it wasnt cheap.

Last point which could cause some problems....if they play does Ronaldo #7 play??? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Toronto FC announced Friday that the match scheduled for Sunday, August 9 against the New York Red Bulls at BMO Field has been changed due to a potential conflict at BMO Field. The new date for the game will now be Saturday, June 13 with an 8p.m. ET kick off...."

maybe Toronto Nationals will play friendly that day )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE has no class..

1. we the season ticket holders have made TFC a success.. and when its time to reap the rewards like watch them play RM.. we get shoved aside so that they can fill their second pocket..

2. We have been begging for grass.. and now unless we dish out more cash we wont get to see it.. even though we the supports have payed for it with our season tickets..

way to reward your fans MLSE!!! your true colours have shown.. and it changes with the colour of cash you are chasing..

I say everyone boycotts the NY game.. lets do a poll on that one..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said it in another topic but I'll say it again here, I think this game is a wonderful idea and hope it happens. I am sure most people will be in agreement with that.

I can understand why some people don't like mid-season friendlies but because of the Madrid season running through our off-season there isn't much choice really if we want to see these kind of teams come play friendlies over here. I would have liked a EPL team but I wouldn't complain at Madrid. I wonder if those that don't like the idea of the game will not buy tickets to I can have a better chance at snagging one myself!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limani_Ole View Post
    MLSE has no class..

1. we the season ticket holders have made TFC a success.. and when its time to reap the rewards like watch them play RM.. we get shoved aside so that they can fill their second pocket..

2. We have been begging for grass.. and now unless we dish out more cash we wont get to see it.. even though we the supports have payed for it with our season tickets..

way to reward your fans MLSE!!! your true colours have shown.. and it changes with the colour of cash you are chasing..

I say everyone boycotts the NY game.. lets do a poll on that one..
    boycott the red bull game???? it should be everyone boycotting the Real Madrid game. That why this whole mess happened.

Tho i wont be at the Red Bull game anyways since im away travelling on June 13th, those basterds and short notice!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I said it in another topic but I'll say it again here, I think this game is a wonderful idea and hope it happens. I am sure most people will be in agreement with that.

I can understand why some people don't like mid-season friendlies but because of the Madrid season running through our off-season there isn't much choice really if we want to see these kind of teams come play friendlies over here. I would have liked a EPL team but I wouldn't complain at Madrid. I wonder if those that don't like the idea of the game will not buy tickets to I can have a better chance at snagging one myself!!
    its not really that people hate a friendly, its more how they went about the whole thing. They changed the schedule at the last minute, screwing many fans over with date changes including me. Then telling us early in the season they would get us a friendly and then tell us later oh but not this friendly, you gotta pay Premium money for this one. And then the fact that they get grass for Real Madrid but not TFC.

Had they made these plans early in the season i dont think to many people would be mad, but they didnt, and have really pissed alot of people off. THey gotta plan these things much better in the future if they want fans to keep supporting TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    boycott the red bull game???? it should be everyone boycotting the Real Madrid game. That why this whole mess happened.

Tho i wont be at the Red Bull game anyways since im away travelling on June 13th, those basterds and short notice!!!
    if you want to get noticed, don't boycott the game, just boycott being a fan...if all the "supporters" sat down and did not make noise during a game, that would make a massive notice in MLSE's books

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    if you want to get noticed, don't boycott the game, just boycott being a fan...if all the "supporters" sat down and did not make noise during a game, that would make a massive notice in MLSE's books
    ya we kinda tryed that at the All-star game, worked a bit in the NEE section and Red Patch Boys section 112 for like 20 mins, but then the one time we want like 113,114,115 to shut up and sit down they get all loud and jump around and shit. It didnt work. We really arent organized, and some people just dont understand some things about being supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya we kinda tryed that at the All-star game, worked a bit in the NEE section and Red Patch Boys section 112 for like 20 mins, but then the one time we want like 113,114,115 to shut up and sit down they get all loud and jump around and shit. It didnt work. We really arent organized, and some people just dont understand some things about being supporters.
    This I totally agree with. There are simply too many chiefs in the mix.
    Everybody wants to be the shit.
    First and foremost we should all be in the same south end. God bless other supporter groups located elsewhere but the true impact is when we are heard in a strong voice from the same side. And then even within the same side, God, I don't know where to start. And then you have vulger chants than don't interest me in the least to participate in.

/end of rant .. carry on

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real Madrid have confirmed on their website that they are coming to Toronto.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satelli...on_matches.htm
    RWN - SoctoberFest! Champion '11, TFC Supporters Cup Champs '10, Indoor Champs '10 & '09, Niagara Cup Champs '09 & '08.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The All Star Game was simply not a good example of when to do something united as there were far too many tickets scalped for that game and you had a large percentage of new faces in the crowd.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfellow View Post
    Real Madrid have confirmed on their website that they are coming to Toronto.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satelli...on_matches.htm
    How friggin embarrassing is that...

The away team announces before the home team and does it on the day of what is (arguably) the biggest in the club's history.
    Another summer of hope!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manutd #1 View Post
    maybe a change of pace...and this may have ben talked about. I remember when they had the tournement a couple years ago throughout north america and cetlic and milan i think played and they pretty much sold out the rogers centre.

Heres my question why play a game at BMO with one of the most popular teams in the world and not a rogers centre? obvious reason would be mlse doesnt own it but DC Uniteds game against Real Madrid is being held at their football(american) stadium to accomadate all the fans. I know alot of people are hating and i agree with alot of it but how often do you get to see a top team in the world play against your team, unfortunatly during our season is the only way to play friendlies against top teams..

as for the price of the game it will be very expensive just like all friendlies, im guessing they had to pay Real to come here and it wasnt cheap.

Last point which could cause some problems....if they play does Ronaldo #7 play??? lol

BMO is OUR home not rogers center...BMO has atmosphere..rogers center
    is a funeral home. Celtic had great support at the dome, but the stadium
    is so dead there was very little atmosphere...this will be a one time shot
    at seeing Real madrid in toronto///lets enjoy it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    The All Star Game was simply not a good example of when to do something united as there were far too many tickets scalped for that game and you had a large percentage of new faces in the crowd.
    nor will Real Madrid be a good game, its gotta be done in a regular season

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw Real Madrid vs DC United in Seattle. First half was okay. The second half was painful to watch. They didnt want to run. I suspect this game will be the same.
    RWN - SoctoberFest! Champion '11, TFC Supporters Cup Champs '10, Indoor Champs '10 & '09, Niagara Cup Champs '09 & '08.