Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some clown near me dunked his rolled streamer into a beer to give Cronin a wet one.

I truly cannot understand how one can waste such precious liquid on schoolyard level stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody find the humour in the "Poll" on the left side of the page asking: "What should be the penalty for Columbus/Crew supporters?"

The one option says: "Crew play next match in an empty stadium"

(too easy..)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    Streamer are the limit…absolutely nothing else…

Bottles…beer…pitch invasions all make us look like immature schoolboys…which many of us clearly are…

There are people who really believe this makes us hardcore fans…there were two assholes sitting behind me…one screaming at the top of his lungs…"The refs a fuckin' c*nt"…finally I turned and said, "Enough Little Dick" and he tells me to fuck off…

There's a woman with two small boys, decked out in their TFC gear and she says, "Yeah guys enough…" and he tell her to shut up and watch the game!

Finally they just left to the jeers of the section…I'm getting really fed up with these punks who think this is what being a supporter is about…
    I SOOOO agree with this post.

Even the guys that I sit with in 118 who I consider to be pretty good supporters (aren't in any "group" but go to every game and sing their hearts out) agree that we aren't there to be dicks. To call the ref a wanker when he makes a good call just because it's against TFC? Stupid. To throw anything other than streamers on the pitch? Stupid. And to get the game extended because some douche decides to run on the pitch...listen dude...unless you are naked and have written "TFC" on your chest...it ain't impressing me. My buddy who I was with was laughing and said "Yeah, that's cool" and I disagreed with him and said "See? They extended the game by a minute...what would have happened if this was only a 1 goal game and the extended minute allowed for a tying goal?" He didn't say anyhing.

I hope that guy was a STH...so that the lifetime ban hurts even more.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    Streamer are the limit…absolutely nothing else…

Bottles…beer…pitch invasions all make us look like immature schoolboys…which many of us clearly are…

There are people who really believe this makes us hardcore fans…there were two assholes sitting behind me…one screaming at the top of his lungs…"The refs a fuckin' c*nt"…finally I turned and said, "Enough Little Dick" and he tells me to fuck off…

There's a woman with two small boys, decked out in their TFC gear and she says, "Yeah guys enough…" and he tell her to shut up and watch the game!

Finally they just left to the jeers of the section…I'm getting really fed up with these punks who think this is what being a supporter is about…
    the throwing of stuff really should stop..i mean somethrew a popsicle in from of the LA keeper foolwed by the roll of tape...what did they expect him to do tape it to his mouth? the day when a netting in the supporters end is coming, but lets hope it doesn't come to that.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's exactly what happened…these clowns felt the pressure…

Everyone has the right to support their club in whatever way they choose…but my 75 year old father or the single mom with her two boys don't need to be subjected to the c-word at a TFC game…that's not supporting your team…that just being an asshole…

It's about respect…for your follow supporters and the Club…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    the throwing of stuff really should stop..i mean somethrew a popsicle in from of the LA keeper foolwed by the roll of tape...what did they expect him to do tape it to his mouth? the day when a netting in the supporters end is coming, but lets hope it doesn't come to that.
    My fear exactly!

We have such a great atmosphere…I'd hate to see it curbed in anyway.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND this is where i stop checking that website. They are running out of things to report so they have to create news. That's it for me and that site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 90% sure what was thrown on the pitch in that video was a rolled up streamer, that had been thrown before and given back to the crowd...it became wet, compressed and didn't open the second time it was thrown. I say that because I sat in 120 (row 3) and saw a lot of that happening on Saturday and the object in the video looks and acts the exact same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That site is a fucking joke. That supposed "hard object" was just a soggy streamer, and the piece that "broke off" was just water kicking up from the field and reflected in the sun after the downpour.

What a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've updated their blog to include:

Additionally an anonymous poster named "H Bomb" on theRed Patch Boys forums stated:

"There were (as usual) many hard object coming out of the stands again this week. Although it's totally innapropriate to blame a group on these acts we need to stop acting like it doesn't happen here. Cause it does, every game."

Posted by:
    H Bomb
    RPB Member

To which someone else responded:

"Ya it happens every single game.

Im not going to be pointing anyone out (unless theyve pissed me off and got me in the wrong mood) but they gotta start throwing people out for throwing crap. I see at least one beer, usually some corn, and streamers balled up every game.

Dont be throwing beer all the time so that when someone tries to shush the crowd again they can get a healthy BMO shower."

And someone else chimed in:

"the throwing of stuff really should stop..i mean somethrew a popsicle in from of the LA keeper foolwed by the roll of tape...what did they expect him to do tape it to his mouth? the day when a netting in the supporters end is coming, but lets hope it doesn't come to that."

Should we feel violated somehow? I sorta do and none of those were my posts.
    Garbage site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christoff View Post
    that "hard object" sure as hell looks like a bag or piece of paper, hell even a wetnap or whatever, it doesnt look like a rock, or glass, i didnt know we had white rocks in toronto that float in the air.
    So that’s where Rumsfeld is spending his time lately….seems like old habits die hard in yankland .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An incredibly ridiculous over-reaction to what sure looked like a piece of paper blowing in the wind.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is just a reminder to us all that a lot of people read what we post and things can be taken out of context very easily.

Be careful what you say/type on a public forum.

Also, to add to the lameness: Why is it that the cops stand and glare all game at the supporters sections while both pitch invaders have come from other parts of the stadium? Kind of funny if you ask me.
    Last edited by Jack; 06-02-2008 at 09:22 AM.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while that MLS rumors website is shite, they are right about more than streamers being thrown onto the field. Im not saying hard objects like they claim but I do see a lot of garbage being thrown onto the field this season. If you wanna throw something, buy some streams. That’s the only thing that should be thrown. and the idiots who run onto the field are just wasting everyone’s time. Both the pitch invaders and morons throwing garbage onto the field might think they are adding to the atmosphere but its the exact opposite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Also, to add to the lameness: Why is it that the cops stand and glare all game at the supporters sections while both pitch invaders have come from other parts of the stadium? Kind of funny if you ask me.

Now this is a post actually worthy of being used on another site
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid