Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    Dero's doing us a favour here, we should run with it instead of saying he's using it an excuse. It might have been out of frustration but it's the truth. You think all the other players disagree? Obviously not. I wouldn't want your own players unhappy. The animosity will grow if there isn't grass here by next season.
    Typical fans are going to just run with it. That's not good enough. TFC got outplayed, outscored, and outclassed by Chicago. No reason that the turf should even come into play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EAsoccer View Post
    TFC got outplayed, outscored, and outclassed by Chicago. No reason that the turf should even come into play.
    I disagree on one thing: Chicago didn't "outplay" and "outclass" TFC.

They did outscore TFC. But Chicago looked like crap too for much of the game.. neither team could put a pass together. McBride was invisible most of the game except for the goal, same with Blanco for most of the game.
    My father even said at half time "Chicago is very beatable".
    This was no great advertisement for the quality of play in MLS

In the end it came down to two plays.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a garbage game all around.

Both teams played like crap.

Chicago merely capitalized on a sleepy defense. Had we put away our chances, it would have been a different game.

I am not sure how to feel about whether De Ro is using the turf as an excuse or not. I am glad he hates it and says something. But did it really have anything to do with the result yesterday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Watching the game in 6 minutes on the TFC website, we should have put 3 goals in easily. Those three chances 2 Barrett headers and a Vitti header were easy chances. This does not include the free kick off the bar and the subsequent header miss by Barrett.

WE NEED SOMEONE,ANYONE WHO CAN FINISH EASY CHANCES.

TFC would have only lost once this year if we had a player with this skill.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdzb View Post
    The turf is only one problem that doesn't have a solution for the near future.
    MO's inability to sign proven strikers who make real contact with the ball is another problem that can be fixed and it should be asap.
    I think you'll find those two issues are related. Witness the "Darren Huckerby" saga of last year.

We have to play with what we've got. These guys have all scored at various levels and there is no reason why they can't be doing it here. Spend the money on a sports psychologist.

For all the flack that the strikers take, how about sending Guevara to Beckham's crossing clinic? Or better yet, highlight the dangers in passing directly to the opposition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago played on the same turf, scored two goals and moved the ball around decently. I agree we need grass but for Derosario to say it after the match, means he is implying it was the reason for the loss or performance. It's a poor excuse to be honest.

It's kind of sad that TFC who have trained on and play 1/2 their games on this field turf cant seem to use the turf to their advantage and get results against teams that are not used to it.

Does Chicago train on Turf day in and day out? Do we train on grass?
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    By which pitch in montreal are you referring to, because Saputo stadium field is HORRENDUS

yes it is grass

But the field seems meant for golf use
    You're wrong that Saputo has horrendous grass. It had horrendous grass only a few times which included the Canada v Honduras qualifier and this was due to the weather and the fact they had just laid down newer turf and it wasn't given enough time to root. I watched the last Impact match vs Charleston (for some reason it was on at Moxy's) and the grass looked fuckin awsome! Maybe a few times in the past it was shit but it's definately a quality pitch especially for USL even MLS.

It's very sad how Toronto fans are treated like fucking children being told to be patient over and over again and excited for no reason, because nothing ever gets done...

With that being said....grass is coming tomorrow!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Does Chicago train on Turf day in and day out? Do we train on grass?
    No. Read my follow up posts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical fans are going to just run with it. That's not good enough. TFC got outplayed, outscored, and outclassed by Chicago. No reason that the turf should even come into play.
    I think even if we would have won or tied the game DeRo would have made that statement... you cannot deny how bad the turf was yesterday... the bouncing of the ball it was almost a joke... that and who knows what it's doing to our player's knees...

Just because DeRo made this statement after a loss, does not mean we are going to forget the sentiments of others who have spoken before including but not limited to: Carver, Jim Brennan, and O'Brien.

To equate DeRo's statement and assuming he was blaming the loss on the turf is absurd... DeRo is fucking pro... not some house league player who's just come unto the league.
    Last edited by FluSH; 05-17-2009 at 12:06 PM.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    I disagree on one thing: Chicago didn't "outplay" and "outclass" TFC.

They did outscore TFC. But Chicago looked like crap too for much of the game.. neither team could put a pass together. McBride was invisible most of the game except for the goal, same with Blanco for most of the game.
    My father even said at half time "Chicago is very beatable".
    This was no great advertisement for the quality of play in MLS

In the end it came down to two plays.
    Well they did get outplayed because they lost. But yea two invisible players 1 goal and 1 assist. Chicago is beatable but are undefeated still so for now they arent.

Like you said it came down to 2 plays, so talking about the turf post-game is pointless, Dero should stick to the 2 plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I think even if we would have won or tied the game DeRo would have made that statement... you cannot deny how bad the turf was yesterday... the bouncing of the ball it was almost a joke... that and who knows what it's doing to our player's knees...

Just because DeRo made this statement after a loss, does not mean we are going to forget the sentiments of others who have spoken before including but not limited to: Carver, Jim Brennan, and O'Brien.

To equate DeRo's statement and assuming he was blaming the loss on the turf is absurd... DeRo is fucking pro... not some house league player who's just come unto the league.
    Yes, he's a pro, a pro takes the L, and talks about what they didnt do to achieve the desired result. Exactly, Dero is a pro, so he shouldnt complain about the turf or pitch. Just say we lost, because we didnt play well enough.

If he's not blaming the loss on turf, dont bring it up after the game to the media. End of!

TFC RealDeal RPB

^^^ bla bla bla bla THE TURF IS SHITE !!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay,
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay BMO,
    Ewww, Ah,
    I wanna knoooo-oh-oooooooo-oh-oh,
    Will you lay that grass?
    Ewww, Ah,

<repeat>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, he's a pro, a pro takes the L, and talks about what they didnt do to achieve the desired result. Exactly, Dero is a pro, so he shouldnt complain about the turf or pitch. Just say we lost, because we didnt play well enough.

If he's not blaming the loss on turf, dont bring it up after the game to the media. End of!
    Did you not watch yesterday's game? I mean is that ball bouncing normal to you? For a professional football league? DeRo should be making these statement at every interview so finally someone fucking listens...

If we didn't listen to Carver, Jim Brennan, O'Brien, and DeRo that the Turf needs to fucking go... Then who are we going to listen to?????

The Turf needs to GO
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a sign. RPB leadership should be all over this.

The real campaign for grass starts now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are the people that were looking into starting the TFC wiki?

I would like to know how many current and former players have spoken against this Turf? and also even potential players (Huckerby?)

There should be a thread with a running list of all players who demand a CHANGE. If their voices are not beign heard... then maybe ours will.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking a 4 part poster.

*Picture of normal grass*
    Good grass
    *Picture with plastic bottle and turf*
    Bad Grass
    *Picture of Bob Marley/dero/anything Rastafarian"
    Smokes grass
    *Picture of the krew*
    No class

TFC RealDeal RPB

Let's all go down to city hall and protest for grass or ( let's all go on the highway and protest )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about everyone throws a small patch of grass on the turf before the start of Saturday's game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRed View Post
    How about everyone throws a small patch of grass on the turf before the start of Saturday's game?
    Last year we talked about throwing packages of grass seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe revise all we are saying is... give us some grass....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 games on grass: 9 goals
    6 games on turf: 4 goals

I am throwing some friggin' grass seed at the next game...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay,
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay BMO,
    Ewww, Ah,Allez
    I wanna knoooo-oh-oooooooo-oh-oh,
    Will you lay that grass?
    Ewww, Ah,

<repeat>

Fixed it for ya.
    Now it should work with the speed up of the drum.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero and TFC should take the blame for the loss and leave it at that, like the rest of his teammates did.
    Dicchio has said that playing on the turf was probably going to take a year off of his career. Although other teams play on turf as well, we can't be sure that our turf is not inferior to their as we haven't played on both and truly assessed them. Also perhaps it is difficult for players to adjust to the turf. I could be wrong but perhaps Vitti is a prime example of this. Also I am not sure to what extent Barrett has had experience playing on turf but that could play a role in him missing empty nets.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    4 games on grass: 9 goals
    6 games on turf: 4 goals

I am throwing some friggin' grass seed at the next game...
    I'm with you on the grass though I'm not sure of the direct connection between grass and Barrett's ability to head a ball in the general direction of the goal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be up for a protest of sorts. Maybe we should wear some green next week?
    TFC hippies: " We want grass , man".

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every knows that grass would be superior... But DeRosario's display lacked leadership and cunning. He needs to focus on football and winning - many players have played on this crap - but they don't winge about it in a undisciplined way. We also need a DP forward... but hey... Just my thoughts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo's comments (regardless of their validity) aren't gonna go over well with the powers that be.
    And I don't think you'll here anything negitive about the turf from Jimmy B who's flogging it for a few extra bucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EENIE MAN View Post
    I would be up for a protest of sorts. Maybe we should wear some green next week?
    TFC hippies: " We want grass , man".
    Any protest should to reflect our condemnation of being victim to poor or impartial MLS refereeing before something less important and in-house like our displeasure with the field turf. BMO will get us grass - it's coming, but I'm growing more tired of MLS officiating with each passing game.