Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my first post on the forums so hopefully I don't make s fool of my self, with this I'm only been following football since the TFC started and have fallen in love with the game, and want to see it do well, so the CSL expansion is of concern to me. With so many small markets, in Canada the way the CSL is expanding seems dumb to me, and I could be wrong but wouldn't it make more sense to create a 3 or 4 regional league system, to help minimize travel costs, and develop the sport through out the country, and then have the top two or three teams from each regional league play in a CSL?

It seems to me that would allow, the sport to increases it's profile in the Prairies, and Atlantic Canada, as well as help develop infrastructure, while allowing a small national league that help minimize travel costs.

Canada is a vast little populated nation, I can't see this type of league expansion being able to work well.

In truth I don't have anything by my own logic system to base this on, but am I the only one that thinks this expansion is bad? and that Soccer Canada really needs to be kicked in the head?

oh also, can we have some cheese curds and gravy ready to give as a thanks to Montreal for the 3 points tonight?
    Last edited by Kaz; 05-13-2009 at 10:49 AM.