Thread: Depth........

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Depth........

I see the L.A will come with backings of 2 key players were not in the line up which woulda made a differance but then agian we had players out as well MANY of them......Is it safe to say we have the depth on the bench that can win the games for us when called up???? I think yes!!!

thoughts please.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with more than half of our starters gone today, i would say we have pretty good depth!!! another striker would be nice!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the quality of players L.A. did not have in this game, may have equaled our loss of players.

The real test is if we play a team like Chicago or NE with the same players and achieve the same result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agreed. But I think that from what I saw today, we would had a shot at Chicago and NE. We defended well and were organized. That allows you to compete with most teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPBLondon View Post
    with more than half of our starters gone today, i would say we have pretty good depth!!! another striker would be nice!!
    Why, what's wrong with Lombardo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    ^ Agreed. But I think that from what I saw today, we would had a shot at Chicago and NE. We defended well and were organized. That allows you to compete with most teams.
    See I didn't watch most of the game today, so I can't say. From what I saw in the first 23 minutes, Toronto looked good and controlled played very well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't realy know the rest of the league, but I find it hard to believe that any MLS team has depth like we do

Cunny, Tebily, James, Dunivant, Smith, Edwards all as subs. The first four are sure starters anywhere else, I think. Cunny not so much but that's a recent development and might just be a run of poor form more than actually being that bad. I mean he's the fourth highest scorer in MLS history, he can't be all that bad.

i'm really excited about the side we have this season. This match today was basically the biggest hit our starting XI could've taken, and we pulled through fine (though it was against a shockingly bad LAG side).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I don't realy know the rest of the league, but I find it hard to believe that any MLS team has depth like we do

Cunny, Tebily, James, Dunivant, Smith, Edwards all as subs. The first four are sure starters anywhere else, I think. Cunny not so much but that's a recent development and might just be a run of poor form more than actually being that bad. I mean he's the fourth highest scorer in MLS history, he can't be all that bad.

i'm really excited about the side we have this season. This match today was basically the biggest hit our starting XI could've taken, and we pulled through fine (though it was against a shockingly bad LAG side).
    The league has come a long way in terms of talent the past couple of seasons. This is definately a factor as is Cunny's unwillingness to settle in with our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our depth ends at striker. Once we get some depth up front, we'll be complete.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deez, I think you've hit the nail on the head. We had Robert, Sutton, and Guevara struck from the roster and still had the power and technique to put up two goals against LA. While I would agree that another Forward would certainly help, we are still looking very strong with the current squad.

Keepers - Check
    Defenders - Check
    Midfield - Check
    Forwards - Half a Check
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.