Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ those are interesting attendance stats!

I'm sure MLS is paying close attention to numbers like that, and is making sure that any new cities will drum up the same support as Toronto and Seattle.
    I think Philly will have a good turnout.
    Same with Vancouver and Portland.
    And if Montreal get in, I think the same could be said there too.
    I think as these new teams come into the league, you will see overall attendance rise.
    *fingers crossed!*

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Oh gawd that is depressing Phil. MLS doesn't realize the trouble they are in...if Toronto wasn't in the league, Seattle would not have happened and there goes your "propping" up of the league attendance stats. Somebody remind that douchebag Bill Archer of that fact.

Sorry - Are you saying that Toronto is the reason for future MLS expansion or responsible for a teams success in the West Coast?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a man will walk on Mars before MLS has a second team in Toronto. I think this story is the height of silliness.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    very sad....very very sad....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a second MLS team playing out of BMO? why not a derby would be fantastic and get more football usage out of BMO. Will it happen. almost as much as Hamilton getting a NHL team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    very sad....very very sad....
    You could also see it as hopeful. Seattle and Toronto are accounting for 30% of MLS attendance but if the trend continues, Philly will add to that and I think the article is wrong about Red Bulls not improving their attendance in their new stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking News

Blades in playoff final v winner of Reading/Burnley

we'll be back, we'll be back, we'll be baaaaack !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/05/sbi-mls-power-rankings-week-8.html#more

4 (7). Toronto FC (3-2-4)

Last Week: Tied D.C. United, 3-3, on Saturday.
    This Week: vs. Chicago Fire on Saturday (4pm, Direct Kick)
    Outlook: Playing on the road and without Carl Robinson, TFC overcame a sluggish start to tie D.C. in a match it could have easily won. If there's a negative it's that Toronto goes yet another game without a goal from a forward.
    Wasn't Dero a striker on Saturday? I didn't see the match but I heard he played up top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ He started in the midfield, but when we switched to 3-5-2 he played up front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the 2nd team in the GTA argument: A lot of people are naturally contrary. They see how we support TFC, and given the option, would actively cheer against us. Its the way things work. I can think of 2 or 3 of my friends who currently support AC Milan and Chelsea, who deem us unworthy of attention, who I'm SURE would jump all over another team. Just as a natural reaction to us. Remember: Every action has an equal and an opposite. I was thinking about Durham as a region, but to be honest, I dunno if theres enough Durham pride for that. I'm not convinced Hamilton could really support a club. Maybe the Niagara region, but its too small. Scarborough is still too Toronto. Maybe Vaughan is the way to go....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no other region outside of Toronto. Put a team in the east, nobody in the west would want to go. Put a team in the west and you cut out the east.

Right now TFC is the perfect storm and it cant be replicated. Anyone who thinks it can, is deluding themselves.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Sorry - Are you saying that Toronto is the reason for future MLS expansion or responsible for a teams success in the West Coast?
    I think he means that without what happened in Toronto, Seattle may not have developed into the popular club that it has. I believe the Sounders brass (amongst other candidate ownership groups) met with TFC management prior to their franchise bid to pick their brains over Toronto's success. Can you imagine what would happen if they went to KC or perhaps Columbus? Paul might be able to confirm all that.

Oh, and unless we see MLS divided into 2 seperate conference like MLB or the NFL, we're never going to see a second club in Toronto or the GTA. I suppose another USL club could be a possibility, but I don't see it getting the sort of support that TFC enjoys.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-12-2009 at 01:07 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.