Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DC United supporters on TFC

I picked up some interesting observations from DC United supporters on the Big Soccer board tonight:

"Last year we beat them 4-1 and 3-2 at home. I'll give you that Toronto appears to be a much improved team from last year but this is not one of the opponents who really derailed our season last year."

"Any team that has DeRo is a threat and much as I despise Guevara, he does have skill. TFC have improved substantially over last year. Frei is a beast and his goal kicks were a weapon all night."

"And what the ******** is all this talk that Toronto is a "weak" team? Have y'all checked the ********ing table lately? If they are weak, give us MLS Cup right now. Shit. Toronto has some talent, and they showed it."

"I was thrilled to come away with the point, and I agree that Toronto aren't the same team as last year, just as we aren't."

"And Toronto is a very, very good team. They've had a number of standings points taken from them on referee decisions in the final five minutes of play, and you can't help but think they're being hard done by the anthracite football team. And the TFC supporters unveiled a banner that said KEEP UNITED IN DC in their section. That's class in a glass, too."

Just thought that was cool to read

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice.

It was also great to hear that the traveling TFC support was behind the DC fans march for their stadium. Even though we are opponents, showing solidarity when it comes to footy on this continent is very important.

No matter how much we severely dislike any team (ie krew - not dc utd) it's in everyone's best interest to push the sport forward on every front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    And the TFC supporters unveiled a banner that said KEEP UNITED IN DC in their section.
    Didn't see it, but good on ya, that is classy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing but respect for DC United supporters. Coming from them, those compliments mean quite a bit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they carried their chants full 90, and I envy their ability to wave flags all game long, even with the play right in front of them, without having some jackass casual yelling put it down (there may or may not be some jackass casual yelling that, but if there is, he sure is ignored)

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC supporters own their own section.

They are what we will some day become if all goes well.

Unless people like Pookie sabotage everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egoodwin View Post
    I envy their ability to wave flags all game long, even with the play right in front of them, without having some jackass casual yelling put it down
    Which can block the view of a good many people. Which ultimately lessens the number of people who are supporting their team.

Beyond the egos of the people waving the flags, who does this benefit?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they carried their chants full 90, and I envy their ability to wave flags all game long, even with the play right in front of them, without having some jackass casual yelling put it down (there may or may not be some jackass casual yelling that, but if there is, he sure is ignored)
    4 chants for 90 minutes < 10+ chants, plus numerous spontaneous chants that we do.

Also, I can tell you that I would be a very big jackass getting pissed at your flag waving for 90 minutes... and this is coming from someone who waves a flag and am aware of how annoying it is not because people complain, b/c they're quite good about it, but because I have common sense.

Back to the first point... I was actually talking to my buddies about how playing in front of DC United (and other teams) supporters can't really be that intimidating. They don't really rag on the other team at all, and they sing 4 songs which are all (except one) to the exact tune of ours, except they change TFC for United. So really it's just musical noise that you can tune out, especially if you're a professional athlete.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goosebumps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id like to comment on the dcu fans, they put on a pretty good show last night, i thought at times their entire stand was goin to fall apart lol, that was a Real bounce! i think i would be scared shitless if i was on it lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

class supporters for sure. Krew should take note

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    Nothing but respect for DC United supporters. Coming from them, those compliments mean quite a bit.
    +1. The United supporters have been the class of the league.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NateDoGG View Post
    id like to comment on the dcu fans, they put on a pretty good show last night, i thought at times their entire stand was goin to fall apart lol, that was a Real bounce! i think i would be scared shitless if i was on it lol

they showed the stands undulatin on TV. I couldn't believe it

good on them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all on the technique... I have't seen how you guys wave flags in 127... however in the South End there is less than 5 people who can do this right.

James was one in the last game that was waving his flag correctly.. fast in circular motions with a flexible pole... I can be right behind him and I won't miss much of the game.

There was this one east euro guy who used to be in 112 regularly last year... I probably saw him once this year... but that guy is one of the best flag waver's I've seen...

P.S. and for the record I too need to learn how to wave a flag properly.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we took advantage of weak DC keeping, 3 keeper used this season already. they really are in dire straights...but we need to stop conceding goals in bunches. Hope
    DC get the stadium the want,but it doesnt look good for the franchise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratven View Post
    4 chants for 90 minutes < 10+ chants, plus numerous spontaneous chants that we do.

Also, I can tell you that I would be a very big jackass getting pissed at your flag waving for 90 minutes... and this is coming from someone who waves a flag and am aware of how annoying it is not because people complain, b/c they're quite good about it, but because I have common sense.

Back to the first point... I was actually talking to my buddies about how playing in front of DC United (and other teams) supporters can't really be that intimidating. They don't really rag on the other team at all, and they sing 4 songs which are all (except one) to the exact tune of ours, except they change TFC for United. So really it's just musical noise that you can tune out, especially if you're a professional athlete.
    They have more than 4 chants... they actually have around the same amount that we do... including specials (opposing team related chants)

However... here are their main ones:

http://www.barra-brava.com/index.php...d=20&Itemid=37

Vamos.
    Vamos United.
    Esta noche,
    Te-ne-mos-que ganar.

Dale ohhhhhhhh
    Dale ohhhh
    Dale United
    Dale ohhhhhhhhh

Dale 0hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
    Dale ohhhhh o ohhhhh
    Dale, dale, dale, dale, dale, dale, dale-ohhhhhhh

La Barra Brava!
    La Barra puta!
    Los que no sal-tan
    Son hijos de puta!

Instead of Allez... they use Dale
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope fully DC United will stay in the Washington area. It will be a crime if that team had to leave cause of Stadium issues. By the way can they renovate RFK to make it SSS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    By the way can they renovate RFK to make it SSS.
    no, it's owned by the government not DCU.

i believe that whole plot of land is very prized by the government admin, and if they lure the NFL team back, they might build a superstadium on that site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post

i believe that whole plot of land is very prized by the government admin, and if they lure the NFL team back, they might build a superstadium on that site.
    Didn't they just build a newer Stadium in Landover Maryland and at the same same time expand the seating capacity to about 90000 for the Redskins. Fed EX field I believe.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post
    DC supporters own their own section.

They are what we will some day become if all goes well.

Unless people like Pookie sabotage everything.
    +1 in entirety!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    It's all on the technique... I have't seen how you guys wave flags in 127... however in the South End there is less than 5 people who can do this right.

James was one in the last game that was waving his flag correctly.. fast in circular motions with a flexible pole... I can be right behind him and I won't miss much of the game.

There was this one east euro guy who used to be in 112 regularly last year... I probably saw him once this year... but that guy is one of the best flag waver's I've seen...

P.S. and for the record I too need to learn how to wave a flag properly.
    most games, except for the last game, I have the timing down, I'm still working on my technique for it... in heavy wind though, it's just easier to let it fly on it's own

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC supporters looked and sounded terrific in that game.

It would nice if one day we could get more involvement from people in the South End.

It would be super nice if all the supporter groups could one day be in the same area of BMO.

It's a shame things got broken up the way they have.

We do a pretty good job, but DC is a good example of the kind coordination supporters can have when all together.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pic of said banner?

too early for Away team pics?

Had done by, MLS dislikes Canadians. . . . . . Its a conspiracy I tell ya.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post

I don't think another NFL team is coming to DC. Although the stadium is located in Maryland, they already have the Redskins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most games, except for the last game, I have the timing down, I'm still working on my technique for it... in heavy wind though, it's just easier to let it fly on it's own
    Yeah letting it fly on it's own is what you absolutely do not want to do LOL
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    I don't think another NFL team is coming to DC. Although the stadium is located in Maryland, they already have the Redskins.
    Plus the Ravens in Baltimore. Which was trouble enough for the NFL when they moved in -- I doubt they're going to try for an Annapolis Marines or something like that.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel bad for the DC fans one bit. We may have got our own stadium but we are still getting fucked over everytime a player passes us up because of the turf issue. So, until we get our own shit sorted out, FUCK DC!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I don't feel bad for the DC fans one bit. We may have got our own stadium but we are still getting fucked over everytime a player passes us up because of the turf issue. So, until we get our own shit sorted out, FUCK DC!!!
    how shortsighted of you