Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC set the standard for fans in the league...DC Utd have a good following( hope they get a SSS they deserve)...Seattle...they are good. Vancouver will be good as will Portland. Now the league need to look at some of the poorer markets...Dallas,
    Columbus, KC? a new stadium would be nice), RSL for a good team they have a hard time filling the new park, and of course NYRB, will fans start coming out to the new park next season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    birmingham to the premier league

grrrrrr, you stole it

we'll be joining you shortly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once in a while I used to get the feeling that the supporters groups are trying to hard, and forcing things at times... trying too much to imitate other great football cultures instead of letting it grow organically. But then I visit the Man City board that I frequent and see the exact same threads over there as here.. Bitching about getting different singing sections in unison, quibbling about the exact lyrics to songs, trying to make sure everybody has access to inflatable bananas for gameday.

Hell, they even have the same stupid arguments about whether they should sing their version of the Torres/Bounce song since it's a LFC song. In that case also the fact that it's so fun and catchy eventually won out. (though their versions are invariably funnier)

Bottom line is, to generate good support at games some "manufacturing" is necessary. As long as it's done by supporters rather than Ad Execs then there is nothing to be ashamed of.