RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today’s News, Saturday , May.31

Morning,GAME DAY !!!!

Galaxy's back, but no Becks again
    'I'm disappointed for the fans and the ladies,' says Carver, but coach happy he's not here

Morgan Campbell
    Sports Reporter
    One more visit from the L.A. Galaxy and one more chance for local fans not to see David Beckham.
    Last August the Galaxy's $250 million (U.S.) man sat out with a sore ankle, missing his projected MLS debut and the team's only trip to Toronto. And this season a return to England's national team will keep him away from BMO Field yet again.
    If Toronto's fans are disappointed at missing Beckham again, TFC head coach John Carver feels their pain. But only a little.
    "I'm disappointed for the fans and the ladies in the crowd," Carver said after Thursday's practice. "But I'm absolutely over the moon he's not here because he's still a top player."
    Last week in Kansas City Beckham dispelled any doubts about whether his skills have diminished when he scored from 70 yards out in added time.
    And on Wednesday at Wembley Stadium his pinpoint passing helped England to a 2-0 win over the U.S. in a friendly.
    Beckham's still with England's national team this weekend, and his high-profile teammate Landon Donovan might also sit out today with a sore groin.

Read more

Toronto FC, Galaxy clash on Soccer Day

Jim Brennan will be there. David Beckham won't.
    Toronto FC hosts the L.A. Galaxy on Saturday as part of CBC Sports' Soccer Day in Canada broadcast (CBC, CBCSports.ca, 3:30 pm ET) but Beckham, the beautiful game's biggest star, won't be on the field.
    The Galaxy midfielder will be away on international duty this weekend, playing for the English national team in an exhibition game Sunday against Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean.
    This is the second year in a row Beckham has snubbed Toronto — a nagging ankle injury prevented the English star from playing in last August's regular-season contest between Toronto FC and the Galaxy at BMO Field.
    Toronto coach John Carver isn't exactly broken up over the Englishman's absence.
    "I'm disappointed for the fans and the ladies in the crowd, but I'm absolutely over the moon that he's not here, because he's still a top player," Carver said. "I'm delighted he's not here.

Read more

BMO turf may sideline Donovan
    By DEAN MCNULTY, SUN MEDIA

If Landon Donovan is on the sidelines this afternoon when his L.A. Galaxy faces Toronto FC, credit should go to BMO Field.
    Already missing superstar David Beckham to international duty, Galaxy coach Ruud Gullit said yesterday that Donovan will be a game-time decision after the MLS all-star suffered a groin pull prior to joining the U.S. national team in London for an exhibition match against England this past Wednesday.
    But Donovan insisted yesterday, after going through a light workout at BMO, that he feels the unforgiving field turf at TFC's pitch is more of a factor than the state of his injury.
    "I first injured it last Saturday, but it has been getting better and better each day," he said. "But I want to be smart about it. And yes the turf (at BMO) definitely plays into the decision. It's not the easiest surface to have when you are trying to get back into the game."

Read more

Xavier to sit out due to Artificial Turf woes

The Galaxy play at Toronto FC today but defender Abel Xavier did not make the trip. The former Portuguese national team member does not play games on artificial turf because he said it bothers his knee.
    Can you imagine an NFL player skipping all his team's games on Field Turf?
    "That's a great question," Galaxy defender Chris Klein said. "I don't even think that it could be explained."
    Call it one of the cultural differences between soccer and other sports.
    Xavier said when he played at Toronto last season, it was the first time a field had something other than natural grass in his 20-year career.
    "Yeah, I was shocked," Xavier said. "The question is why does the league allow it? I started having problems with my knee in Toronto (last year).

Read more

TURF 2 - LA Galaxy 0

Call ups thin out TFC squad

Toronto FC announced that four members of the club will depart for international duty a day after the team hosts the Los Angeles Galaxy at BMO Field on Saturday, May 31.

Captain Jim Brennan (Canada) and defenders Tyrone Marshall (Jamaica) and Marco Velez (Puerto Rico) will all depart June 1 for their respective camps. Midfielder Maurice Edu is expected to depart for Spain after having been named to the initial roster for the U.S. MNT friendly when they play in the Spanish city of Santander June 4. The roster will not be confirmed until after the weekend fixtures in MLS. Edu just returned home to Toronto late Thursday after earning his fifth cap after the Americans 2-0 loss to England. Edu entered the game in the 78th minute to play in his first ever match at the new Wembley Stadium. If he is confirmed for the Spain match, Edu will return prior to Toronto’s next game on June 8 in Houston against the Dynamo.

Brennan will join teammate Greg Sutton with the Canadian National squad when they face Panama in a friendly in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, on June 4. The Toronto captain currently sits on 44 caps and made his last appearance when the Canadians were in action at BMO Field September 12, 2007 in a friendly against Cost Rica. Both Brennan and Sutton will return to the Toronto FC lineup for the June 8 match in Houston.

Read more

SUNSHINE
    Last edited by denime; 05-31-2008 at 05:59 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha and you guys hate the turf, i'd say we need more turf at this rate!!!

also, morning denime!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    hahahaha and you guys hate the turf, i'd say we need more turf at this rate!!!

also, morning denime!
    Winsper - compensates for the turf.
    Turf - now becomes TFC's secret weapon!!!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure if having Xavier is a good thing anyways... the guy has really stunk this year. might be an advantage not to play him.

Mikey

I think it might be time to lay extra turf onto the floor of the visiting team locker room.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys who think this thing with the turf is so great....are just wrong.

Our situation with fieldturf is becoming an absurd joke.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You guys who think this thing with the turf is so great....are just wrong.

Our situation with fieldturf is becoming an absurd joke.
    maybe so, but whats even more of a joke is players refusing to play games because of it. I can handle whining and bitching, but absolutely refusing to play on it is a different story. Yes it hurts u, suck it up.. at least give it a shot.. you play on it once a year, we play on it all year.

so to that i say, enjoy a laugh... its good for your health.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not playing because of the turf? come on! pro soccer and they can sit out at their salaries because they don't like the grass? maybe teams with real grass should find a field in their area with artificial turf to practice on from time to time so they don't have to sit players when they play AWAY games at a team as big as TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    i'm not sure if having Xavier is a good thing anyways... the guy has really stunk this year. might be an advantage not to play him.
    But it would have been a good thing for us. I was looking forward to watching RR make him look stupid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This field turf shit is a joke. We are not the only team that plays on this type of surface. I don't check but are there similar articles when the Galaxy play RSL, NE, NY?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ exactly, they play on astro-turf made in the 80's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turf Debate......Do these players also sit out during RBNY and RSL games????? because if I remember correctly they have the shite-old astro turf thats even less forgiving than our "FiFA approved" Turf....

Edit:

Damn I should have updated this site because someone above was posting the same comments....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking the same thing.
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the game mechanics do change on turf. I can see why someone who played all his life on grass refuses to play on turf. Keep in mind turf cleats are not as studded, like the studs are different so you don't dig as deep as you would on lets say hard ground (colder climate) or soft ground (warmer climate). From a player's point of view, yea it could be a problem if you sustained a few injuries. but then again, FFS dood, ur getting paid a shitload of cash to play. suck it up buttercup. At least make the trip, dress and stay on the bench to support your team. don't even dress, sit on the bench with your taylored suit. Wanker i say.... wanker.
    Last edited by Rocco; 05-31-2008 at 09:28 AM. Reason: i speeel very good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awww, booo, I can't bust out the "Steroids" chant...
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree, this guy has looked like he'd get schooled in a men's league this year. He might be the worst defender in all of MLS. Adam Braz is quite seriously waaay better than this guy right now.

It boggles my mind how he actually used to be a good player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunshine girl looks more like cloudy and rain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razcle View Post
    Turf Debate......Do these players also sit out during RBNY and RSL games????? because if I remember correctly they have the shite-old astro turf thats even less forgiving than our "FiFA approved" Turf....

Edit:

Damn I should have updated this site because someone above was posting the same comments....
    It's just an excuse. Fieldturf is the future. Safer than grass, lasts all year, and studies show the game dynamics don't change at all. The disadvantages from the players' standpoint are all psychological if you ask me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The Future"!!!!......what a joke

There must be people on here that are employees of the company that makes Fieldturf.

Football on fieldturf is a facsimile of football.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wake me up when these same Galaxy players refuse to play away games against RSL and RBNY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Landycake will find any excuse not to play because he doesn't want to be humiliated again and he is shit without his hubby Becky.
    Xavier is shit with or without turf.
    LA Galaxy are becoming a team of whiners and pussies.
    Thanks to the turf because we are already thin...no Sutton, Guevara, Robert, Robinson but we have the mighty turf. HAHAHAHAHA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The turf is the 13th man.

We get under the enemies skin, the turf gets under the enemies boots, and the other 11 men put the behind the enemy while they're complaining about it all.
    Last edited by morgank1986; 05-31-2008 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i remember correctly last year Xavier played here... so i don;t see what is the difference now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xavier said when he played at Toronto last season, it was the first time a field had something other than natural grass in his 20-year career. "Yeah, I was shocked," Xavier said. "The question is why does the league allow it? I started having problems with my knee in Toronto (last year).
    having playing for 20 years must of had no effect on his knees, it was 1 90 minute game that did him in