Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Important note about Saturday's CBC broadcast

Hey gang,

I'm anticipating questions about this, so I figured I would beat you to the punch and address it now.

Saturday's Toronto FC-Columbus game will be live on the main CBC network starting at 4PM ET.

We are also showing Game 1 of the Pittsburgh-Washington playoff series at 1PM ET. If all goes well, the hockey game will be over by 3:40PM and if that happens, we'll do an MLS pre-game show before kickoff at 4PM.

However, if the hockey game goes into overtime and goes past 4PM, there are two ways you can watch the soccer game: 1) on Bold, CBC's digital channel, or 2) on-line at CBCSports.ca.

At about 3:50, a link will appear highlighted in yellow in the program guide located on the upper-right hand side of CBCSports.ca. Just click on the Watch Now link and wait until 4PM for the stream to come up.

If the hockey game goes past 4PM, the main CBC network will stay with it until it's over and then switch over to soccer.

I know that will disappoint a lot of you, but keep in mind that hockey is our bread and butter. On the plus side, we are expecting a big TV audience for the hockey game (Crosby vs. Ovechkin) so it's a great lead-in to the soccer game, and if some of those viewers might stick around for the Toronto FC game, it will lead to a better TV rating for the soccer game (which is good news for everyone).

After Saturday's game, you can log onto CBCSports.ca (at around 6:03 pm) to watch the live post game show with Nigel and Jason and Chris Cummins' press conference.

Also, be sure to check out CBCSports.ca's special live online show this Friday at 3PM

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/stor...ccer-show.html

This week, CBC Sports Soccer Plus+ expands from 30 minutes to one hour and will feature all the latest news on John Carver's resignation and the coaching situation with Toronto FC, reaction to Jason de Vos's latest blog on fixing Canadian soccer, and discussions on MLS and international soccer.

CBC's soccer experts will also interact with soccer fans and respond to questions, so email your questions early to Soccer@cbc.ca.

And De Vos will be answering questions during a live online chat after the show for 30 minutes, so be sure to join us for that, too.

I think that's it. sorry for the lengthy post.

Hopefully, I was clear about everything, but if not, ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

John Molinaro
    Last edited by johnmolinaro; 04-29-2009 at 07:34 PM.