Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post

I'm interviewing John on Thursday so I'll share anything interesting from that conversation with you all.

John Molinaro

Ask him about these from Paul Beirne's Twitter:

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me. .....carry on....about 2 hours ago from Tweetie

Hey there sports fans. Don't believe everything you read - sometimes the interviewee has an agenda! Gasp!about 5 hours ago from Tweetie
    Last edited by alexintoronto; 04-28-2009 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexintoronto View Post

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me. .....carry on....about 2 hours ago from Tweetie

Hey there sports fans. Don't believe everything you read - sometimes the interviewee has an agenda! Gasp!about 5 hours ago from Tweetie
    talking about the quitter on twitter.lol ,dont let the door hit you on the way out and good riddance.lets move on.there is only one Chris Cummins !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is an interesting find.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh dear! one's an inside joke to a small group of friends who are following me, an the other is me trying to be funny with the same group! those aren't anything to do about tfc!

I got some replies on twitter too ... apparently people are putting two plus two together and getting five?

these tweets have nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    oh dear! one's an inside joke to a small group of friends who are following me, an the other is me trying to be funny with the same group! those aren't anything to do about tfc!

I got some replies on twitter too ... apparently people are putting two plus two together and getting five?

Ok, so what's your opinion about the topic of this thread?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

must be something in the beer at the STAR bar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Ok, so what's your opinion about the topic of this thread?
    oh - I have one....but I think its best kept for the memoirs...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
    must be something in the beer at the STAR bar
    now: that tweet was all about the topic of this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh - I have one....but I think its best kept for the memoirs...

Hey @ H-Bomb, Paul pretty much proves that there is a whole bunch of shit that happens behind the scenes that can't really be talked about or divulged......

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

firstly it's a good thing you're not a lawyer, and secondly, i'm sure there is, I just mentioned that Lucagol was making shit up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    firstly it's a good thing you're not a lawyer, and secondly, i'm sure there is, I just mentioned that Lucagol was making shit up

***yawn***.......I guess being oblivious is what you kids are doing these days....aaahh, to be young again....

I'll be sure to buy Paul's memoirs for you when they come out...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that one was confusing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that one was confusing
    you're confusing....

you try and give lucagol shit, and then Paul basically confirms that their is a lot to be said but can't....and he'll leave it for the "memoirs"....and you just plug your ears and start yelling..LOL hahah you are too funny Hbomb, way too funny!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it made sense until i plugged my ears

but thank you, i am funny

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why won't the NBA let Doc Rivers be his own man? I think they've got it in for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now Paul B posts on Twitter:

Right now about 30 tfc fans are trying to figure out if the previous post was code for what really happened to the coach!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Why won't the NBA let Doc Rivers be his own man? I think they've got it in for him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
    NBA refs are so shit

Doc Rivers should quit ... why is David Stern on his case all the time?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cause Doc Rivers can't get a better paying job somewhere else. But of course you thought of that being such a fan of logic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cause Doc Rivers can't get a better paying job somewhere else. But of course you thought of that being such a fan of logic.
    Oh oh oh ... hold the phone ....

So let me get this straight .... Freudian slip by H Bomb. You think that John Carver left because he knows he can get a better paying job somewhere else.

Funny, I don't remember any one ever saying that in any press conference or interview.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's called deduction, yours were assumptions. As in there are no other jobs in basketball coaching that pay more than the NBA. In England a first team coach will be paid large amounts of money comparable to managers over here.....now take a good five minutes and have a think about this before you waste your time responding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's called deduction, yours were assumptions. As in there are no other jobs in basketball coaching that pay more than the NBA. In England a first team coach will be paid large amounts of money comparable to managers over here.....now take a good five minutes and have a think about this before you waste your time responding
    Ok, so I'm deducing that John Carver left because he knows he can get more money elsewhere. His trouble with MLS was just the perfect excuse for his out.

Thank you for helping me prove my point.

You're the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver said in addition to drawing up the lineup, he made "40 or 50 phone calls" down to assistant Chris Cummins on the bench during the match. He said he gave his usual pre-game, halftime and post-game talks in the locker room and had decided beforehand to have Cummins handle the media conference if the team won but do it himself in the event of a tie or TFC loss.
    I find this statement interesting in light of John Molinaro's comments about watching the team practice this formation and Chris Cummins stating it was a group effort to go with the 4-3-3.

I could be inclined to believe that the coaching staff were trying to convince Carver that the team could do well in this formation and he was resistant to trying it. Given the poor results in the 2 previous games and in light of his frustrations with the league and fine he received, he bends to the pressue to attempt this formation but indicates that he doesn't believe it will be successful and if they think it will work then they can coach the lads from the bench. He decides in his head that if the team wins then Cummins should accept the credit and glory and if the team loses he takes one for the coaching staff and tells the media and fans that they tried a new formation but it didn't work. When the team played fantastic he begins to doubt whether he is actually making the right decisions for the team, and has a little embarrasement from an implied "I told you so" from his coaching staff. MLS tells him he can't be up in the press box for future games and all of this pushes Carver to decide...they are better off without him and quits.

The assumption is that John Carver is willing to accept that he is wrong but his ego doesn't allow him to let it roll off his back easily. He also has a tremendous amount of conviction and once he realizes that HIS way is perhaps not working...rather than adapt...he chooses to accept he has failed. He won't stand in the way of the teams success...and if it's not entirely his doing...then perhaps he isn't the right man for the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tezza View Post
    I find this statement interesting in light of John Molinaro's comments about watching the team practice this formation and Chris Cummins stating it was a group effort to go with the 4-3-3.

I could be inclined to believe that the coaching staff were trying to convince Carver that the team could do well in this formation and he was resistant to trying it. Given the poor results in the 2 previous games and in light of his frustrations with the league and fine he received, he bends to the pressue to attempt this formation but indicates that he doesn't believe it will be successful and if they think it will work then they can coach the lads from the bench. He decides in his head that if the team wins then Cummins should accept the credit and glory and if the team loses he takes one for the coaching staff and tells the media and fans that they tried a new formation but it didn't work. When the team played fantastic he begins to doubt whether he is actually making the right decisions for the team, and has a little embarrasement from an implied "I told you so" from his coaching staff. MLS tells him he can't be up in the press box for future games and all of this pushes Carver to decide...they are better off without him and quits.

The assumption is that John Carver is willing to accept that he is wrong but his ego doesn't allow him to let it roll off his back easily. He also has a tremendous amount of conviction and once he realizes that HIS way is perhaps not working...rather than adapt...he chooses to accept he has failed. He won't stand in the way of the teams success...and if it's not entirely his doing...then perhaps he isn't the right man for the job.
    You know what they say about "assumptions" don't you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    You know what they say about "assumptions" don't you?
    That they are required for solving complex problems as long as you check them once you've found your solution?

That or something about making an ass of Blizzard?