Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pablo Vitti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pablo Vitti

Pablo Vitti!!!

Today's game really showed how good Vitti is, him and Danny Dichio seam to have good thing going on here and on todays performance Vitti will be scoring alot of goals for TFC.

Pablo should have scored 3 or 4 goals today, a great finish on the offside goal pitty he was booked for taking his shirt off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is due a goal, and as soon as he gets one, he wont stop scoring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally thought he looked rough in the first half, but yes, he was much better in the second.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm loving Vitti up front with Barrett and Dichio, they seem to work so well with eachother and have great understadning of eachothers abilities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Talent
    Needs to FINISH!
    It Shall Come...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I personally thought he looked rough in the first half, but yes, he was much better in the second.

- Scott
    Yeah, he looked off his game in the first half, but second half he really came into it. Looked determined that he would score in the second half and showed some great play at times.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the first half he had some glaring turnovers and not so great movement, but the second half was much brighter.

Some yobs near me decided that their job for the game was to give Vitti stick through that very second half when he was playing well.
    That's all I'll say about that.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Vitti's finishing touch could have been better, but this guy is really showing his talent. He can play, that's for sure.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When DeRo comes back, Barrett should be on the bench.
    RWN - SoctoberFest! Champion '11, TFC Supporters Cup Champs '10, Indoor Champs '10 & '09, Niagara Cup Champs '09 & '08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti demonstrated what he's capable of, he turns 24 in july and just getting started in MLS. Things are looking good with him, .... with those chances, the goals will come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was in my end in the first half, and his touch and game was off, but he did great in the second, he could be the best Second Striker in the MLS. Clearly he needs to prove that he can do that consistently. His miss was by inches, as was the offside, at least from my vantage point. It was good to see the passion when he though he had scored the first goal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    He was in my end in the first half, and his touch and game was off, but he did great in the second, he could be the best Second Striker in the MLS. Clearly he needs to prove that he can do that consistently. His miss was by inches, as was the offside, at least from my vantage point. It was good to see the passion when he though he had scored the first goal.
    I agree with all of this, trane.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti always hustles. I think he is still getting used to Toronto, his teammates, and our plastic pitch. Now if only Cummins gives him the start every game, I would not count him out for 10 goals this season. He just needs one to get started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was a monster today! he created a shitload of problems for KC!!

He also just kept pouring it on, never giving up!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trane, As Associate Vice-President of Salient Observations From the Upper West Side, I concur

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I liked was that the chances he missed he mostly created for himself.

After dribbling through the whole defense he tries to angle the right post as opposed to blindly hammering on net - he's quality.

B

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is my new hero...so much hustle on him. I can't wait until he gets his first. Hopefully against Columbus!
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FCBarcelona View Post
    Pablo Vitti!!!

Today's game really showed how good Vitti is, him and Danny Dichio seam to have good thing going on here and on todays performance Vitti will be scoring alot of goals for TFC.

Pablo should have scored 3 or 4 goals today, a great finish on the offside goal pitty he was booked for taking his shirt off.
    Great player, great skill, hard as nails & very direct. DD & Vitti a match made in heaven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved what I saw from Vitti.

Vitti was getting marked very well in the first half and I am not sure if he knew what to do lol.

It seemed that as soon as he got the ball he had 2-3 guys on him and he couldn't really go anywhere. During the second half he wasn't marked as much and I am not sure why the KC players stopped it. As soon as they laid off he played much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti is awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait to see him get his first goal. Saw some great flashes of passion from him today, including when he thought he scored. I like that kind of stuff.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he has one level of effort (very high). he just loves to compete and doesn't seem to slow down .. even if calls go against him, he dusts himself off and gets back to work, rather than strolling around in disappointment.

He also has glue on his boots. Sometimes I'm amazed he still comes away with the ball in a battle.

I_AM_CANADIAN

He adds the flair and skill one would expect from an Argie, and his movement and work rate are great. I love the way Vitti plays, and the goals will come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one word..........nutmeg!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was so hoping he would bag one today, looked good coming forward and is a danger man for us.

Well done Pablo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a shocker to me a guy like this has been on the bench since the beginning of the seaosn. Particularly when the problem we had is that we were playing lack-luster. Since Vitti has been playing, the team's energy is up by a mile, it's no coincidence. I had goose bumps as he slashed through three defenders, too bad he didn't finish that one or the stadium erupts.

Anyhow, he will get his goal. He wants it bad!!! I don't care of Dero is back next week, you cannot sit this man. Somebody else has to sit.
    Last edited by Pachuco; 04-26-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first long run he made, that would have blown the non-existent roof off BMO.

He just slid it by the goal .. it was agonizing, but so exciting.

It was as Craig Forrest likes to say a "World Class" run that needed finishing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    one word..........nutmeg!!
    Tell me about it....when I saw that I was going bananas! No space and so much creativity!
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt like we needed that 2nd goal tonight and it sucked that Vitti couldn't get it for us. No matter. Get em next time Pablo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, interesting thread. I was sitting in 104, and with Vitti right in front of me for most of the first half, I really wasn't that impressed; but he's the furthest player from me in the second half ... guess it was a good day to be sitting in SW corner instead of the NE.