RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today's News,Sunday, Apr.26

Mornin'

There's no cramping Barrett's style of late
    Toronto FC forward back in form and playing 90 minutes after suffering from painful cramps

Daniel Girard

Chad Barrett has enjoyed the last two games more than most others.
    It's not just that the Toronto FC striker finally scored his first goal of the season in one game and was man-of-the-match in the other.
    It's that for the first time in a long time Barrett has played without getting cramps in the second half, allowing him to complete the full 90 minutes for the first time.

Read More

Gone, but not forgotten
    Ryan Johnston

Neil Young penned it, Kurt Cobain misquoted it and Toronto FC coach John Carver made it his exit music on Saturday.
    It's better to burn out than it is to rust; The king is gone, but he's not forgotten.
    Carver was a great chapter in TFC history, but he was never going to be someone content in growing old together.

Read More

Rash decision?
    Gerry Dobson

I think it is fair to say I know John Carver better than anyone in the Toronto media.

I was in Bradenton, Florida for several days and got to know him during his very first camp in February, 2008.
    I've spent countless hours with him in hotel bars and airports across North America, and even played golf with John.

Read More

Carver makes absence official
    'Passionate' TFC coach calls it quits
    By LANCE HORNBY

When Toronto FC coach John Carver ended Tuesday's formal press conference with an off-the-cuff harangue about the strains of working in Major League Soccer, it was the first warning sign.
    Then came confirmation the same day of a league fine for harsh comments on the officiating in TFC's 3-2 loss to Dallas last Sunday.

Read More

Toronto FC coach Carver quits over 'personal reasons'

Abruptly announces resignation six games into season
    Daniel Girard

A decision on a new Toronto FC head coach is expected early this week following the abrupt departure of John Carver just six games into his second season.
    Citing "personal reasons," the Major League Soccer club yesterday announced Carver, 44, had resigned effective immediately.

Read More

John Carver out as Toronto FC coach
    John F. Molinaro

The John Carver era is over after 15 months, as the Englishman resigned as coach of Toronto FC on Saturday, citing personal reasons for his decision.
    Assistant coaches Chris Cummins and Nick Dasovic will oversee the team when it hosts the Kansas City Wizards on Sunday.
    The club said a decision on the vacant head coaching position would be made early next week.

Read More

Short shelf life for Toronto's pro coaches
    Garth Woolsey

What is it with Toronto and head coaches?
    This town is awfully hard on them, for some reason or another. (Oh, yeah, it might have something to do with being – there's no polite way of saying this – losers.)
    Until he announced he had resigned yesterday, John Carver of Toronto FC was the senior man among our major pro teams – at fewer than 15 months on the job.
    Fare thee well, coach. Not that the Carver Era, which began with his hiring on Feb.1, 2008, will be remembered as anything at all special in terms of soccer style, substance or results.
    He threw a pretty good tantrum, though.

Read More

SUNSHINE
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured there would be way more articles on Carver's resignation. I swear even TSN had it during their updates.....hahaha!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I believe Dobson's reason why JC left......MLS officials!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dobson's column is another example of the fact that he occasionally gets too close to his sources (this also happens when he writes about MLS expansion to Montreal)

Now, Carver's entitled to his privacy. I'd like to know what happened, and I'd bet money he was pushed, but it's not like the fans have to know.

But why does the journalist have to play this game? Does Dobson not recall that Collin Samuel left the team last spring "for personal reasons" (he supposedly had to go back to T&T), but then signed with a Scottish club two weeks after that?

What Carver told Dobson simply isn't credible. Any thinking person can see that.

Also, man, that must have been a pretty interesting second half in Salt Lake.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-26-2009 at 07:36 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how did kurt cobain misquote?
    didn't he use the "better to burn out than to fade away" line from the neil young tune?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sunshine girl

since for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction, i present whole lotta rosie:

http://www.page3.com/index3.shtml#main-image

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    sunshine girl
    I want to bang SSG's forehead on the bedpost. repeately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sunshine girl

since for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction, i present whole lotta rosie:

http://www.page3.com/index3.shtml#main-image
    Can you put a warning on links to the english S*n please.

I know it's my problem not yours, but I'd appreciate it regardless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ i'm not sure what "S*n" means(?)

if it's the toplessness, i just figured the "page 3" part was common knowledge enough to be a "warning."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it's the toplessness, i just figured the "page 3" part was common knowledge enough to be a "warning."
    people are stupid on the internet

and not everyone knows what page3.com is about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Means.. NUDITY ! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ExiledRed is English and know about Page 3 girls, but maybe it's early morning, or maybe he was distracted by his kids and didn't disect the link before clicking on it...it's just a common courtesy to including a warning when linking to things that aren't suitable for all viewers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NSFW is the traditional warning for nudity.

Not Safe For Work

Use it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think that fans/supporters are due a real explanation as to why someone resigns....to be honest, I'm still in shock, actually pissed....hopefully our win today will smack me out of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    ExiledRed is English and know about Page 3 girls, but maybe it's early morning, or maybe he was distracted by his kids and didn't disect the link before clicking on it...it's just a common courtesy to including a warning when linking to things that aren't suitable for all viewers.
    Exiled is one of hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people who boycott the English Sun, for very principled reasons. He's quite right to ask for this.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this in the Carver resigns thread--but here's more insight into what happened. Looks like the MLS was not happy with him coaching from upstairs and told him he couldn't do it again at today's match. Was that the tipping point?

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/new...9310-23473525/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exiled's reasons for hating that paper lead him to refuse to actually type the whole name. The * is replacing the letter 'u'. That depth of hatred towards that paper is common amongst Liverpool supporters.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah New England got rocked by RSL hahaha eat it Twellman

And Columbus still haven't won a single match LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will not be attending "Jersey Boys" after seeing this run of sunshine girls.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ oh relax rocker... it's just a fun promotion for the show. Don't let it ruin your love of musicals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has nothing to do with page 3 guys. Read up on Hillsborough. Many from Liverpool will not read that paper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how did kurt cobain misquote?
    didn't he use the "better to burn out than to fade away" line from the neil young tune?
    Kurt Cobain did not misquote the lyric. There are two songs on Neil Young's album Rust Never Sleeps.

The first one - Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black) has the lyric "better to burn out than it is to rust".

The second one - My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue) is acoustic version of the same song and has the lyric "better to burn out the fade away".

Where do all this ill-informed journalist's come from?!?!? Morons.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Year one mls franchise, Seattle Sounders proves that good mgmt & hiring successful people can provide a winning team right outta the gate.

Shocking to think that common sense would work. Someone please explain that to Mo & the Assman. Unless you think it's o.k to have the team run by a ship of fools.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too many drinking the MLSE Kool Aid…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New England got DEMOLISHED! ... not good for the +/-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    Kurt Cobain did not misquote the lyric. There are two songs on Neil Young's album Rust Never Sleeps.

The first one - Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black) has the lyric "better to burn out than it is to rust".

The second one - My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue) is acoustic version of the same song and has the lyric "better to burn out the fade away".

Where do all this ill-informed journalist's come from?!?!? Morons.
    And Live rust has great versions of both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhoybobby View Post
    Year one mls franchise, Seattle Sounders proves that good mgmt & hiring successful people can provide a winning team right outta the gate.

Shocking to think that common sense would work. Someone please explain that to Mo & the Assman. Unless you think it's o.k to have the team run by a ship of fools.

You've proven your own statement as false by the very first words you typed, there is a vast difference between an established club venturing into MLS for it's first year and creating a club from thin air to begin play in year one. As we'll see with both Portland and Vancouver, the learning curve for clubs that have been in existance a decade or more is far shallower than the steep curve that clubs such as Salt Lake, Chivas, San Jose and TFC had to face.

While I don't think it's okay to have the team run by fools, I aslo know it takes alot more than 2.25 seasons to create a well run organized professional sports team.

The only thing Seattle proves is that drawing from over ten years of experiance as a professional club, gives them a leg up on clubs that had never previously existed. Those that fail to see this are the same ones who expected the world from day one.

The only thing that matters is getting better as a club which we did in year two(Not a vast get into the play-off type improvement, but a 10 point improvement none the less.) We've already shown improvements this year over last year as seen by the fact that we actually have some type of away form and have shown a penchant for coming from behind when were down.

I'm not expecting world beaters and I'm not nieve enough to expect a team that is going to just walk into the league and win, because when your club hasn't even been in existance for even 5 years I think it's more realistic to demand/expect steady improvement rather than live in some fantasy world were we are MLS beaters from day one.