Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    Yeah, and when someone dies, I give a donation in honour of the person who died. I don't give the donation to the dead person, I give it to the charity. The donation still has to do with the person who died.
    Umm...no one died. The money isn't being donated in Carver's honour. Other than bringing attention (yet again) to the poor officiating in the MLS this has nothing to do with Carver. We had to come up with a goal, $750 seemed like a reasonable goal in such short notice an it coincided with a fine that a member of the club we supported had been fined.

Your giving a donation to the CNIB in leu of Carver's fine. The guy who just quit TFC today. Sure... give to the CNIB, but why the fuck still present it as matching Carver's fine?
    The matter is being discussed by those involved, but it's a Saturday and we all have lives outside of the Red Patch Boys and these things take time to rethink. You know a lot of us and our executives, give us some credit.

I'm pretty sure the CNIB would be a little offended by the link of what they do with calling a Ref blind and def.
    What are you basing you're "pretty sure" on? Do you think that Jack or any of the other executives are dumb enough to OK an event like this without first checking with the CNIB to make sure that they wouldn't be offended or see it as disrespectfull? If you'd read the fundraising post it clearly reads:

"For anyone who may have concerns, the CNIB is completely in support of our efforts and understand the light hearted joke implied in raising money for the visually impaired in relation to bad calls made on the pitch."

Come on, give us some credit!

This is about supporting our club, poking fun at the lack of quality officiating and raising money for a good cause. There's no need to be negative about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough...

I'm all for giving money to the CNIB. I'll donate some money tomorrow. I want the goal to be more than $750, but I want the money to match John Carver's plane ticket back to England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    Fair enough...

I'm all for giving money to the CNIB. I'll donate some money tomorrow. "
    Cheers!

I want the goal to be more than $750, but I want the money to match John Carver's plane ticket back to England.
    I think Newcastle have offered to pick up that tab