Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What a night! Adrian my Hero!

Guys, honestly, Adrian deserves a round of a plause today. The guys was an absolutely beast. All over the place, he didn't lose a single 50/50 ball. Hell, when he didn't stand a chance at winning the ball he still came away with it. This man is our best player in my opinion.

And congrats to TFC!!! They played their best game of the season just when we needed them to. Alot of us had just about given up hope but they really came through today and I'm more then glad I froze my ass off for them.

Let's get Adrian a chant!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ I think someone from NEE had proposed a Serioux chant to the tune oh hava nagilah... it could work.

He's been the biggest and best surprise of the season for me thus far...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone named Adrian is good shit!
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't agree more. Anytime you thought they were coming down on him, BAM he somehow managed to get the ball. And when he had the ball and tried going on the offense, he had a couple great tricks up his sleeve to make them look foolish. Absolute great display from Serious tonight!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. I thought the whole squad played well tonight, but to me he was the best man on the park.....again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude played so fucking awesome today.

He is a beast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every game you can see him improve and take more control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love great defensive plays/players... and Serioux is quickly becoming my fav TFC player.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    ^^^ I think someone from NEE had proposed a Serioux chant to the tune oh hava nagilah... it could work.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11714

For anyone that was at Failte in Waterloo on Sunday this is what I was trying to get us singing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i said he was jus what TFC needed especially if they were not gonna get another quality CB to play with him coz the way he plays he usually does his job and a bit of his CB partners job.

Very strong, has pace, very composed and intimidating, all these things are a strikers worse nightmare.

I remember laughing when i was reading quite a few people saying they didn't want him, oh man lol

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was rockin... seriously

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serioux + Velez = pretty good partnership.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Ya nice meetin ya man.

And Serioux was a fucking monster out there. I couldn't believe my own eyes.. a defender... wearing red... DOMINATING!

I just hope what ever chant serenade's him isnt one by Phil Collins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll admit I was skeptical of Serioux when he first came here - mostly because of his reputation of being "overly aggressive". But man, I've never been more glad to be wrong.

Serioux has been great so far. I still haven't seen tonight's game, but I can't wait to get home and see my recording.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    Also what i said i prefered rather than Serioux/Harmse.

I prefer Velez over Harmse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I'll admit I was skeptical of Serioux when he first came here - mostly because of his reputation of being "overly aggressive".
    well, some of us reminded critics of two things in spring training: 1) his reputation doesn't match his stats -- he only had 1 red card in his whole career -- and 2) he was hurt with Dallas in pre-season and only started playing about a week before he joined TFC.... I remember when he got that red card in Charleston and there was this freakout on the board... but i felt at the time it was just rust, and he was taking liberties cuz it was preseason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    well, some of us reminded critics of two things in spring training: 1) his reputation doesn't match his stats -- he only had 1 red card in his whole career -- and 2) he was hurt with Dallas in pre-season and only started playing about a week before he joined TFC.... I remember when he got that red card in Charleston and there was this freakout on the board... but i felt at the time it was just rust, and he was taking liberties cuz it was preseason.
    I wasn't really a critic - just more worried about everything I'd seen and heard about the guy.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's that AJ? hahahahaha

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we must have sung his song a good dozen times today, and each time he fully earned it

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    No doubt! I think they are both hitting the same stride together and responding well. Aside from a few defensive hiccups - notably the breakdown in the second half, they are working well together.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post

Ya, was with em all night. Best time of my life. That chant kicked ass also...it should be his official chant...it totally kicks ass IMO!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Velez and Serioux looked good together today. Velez is a big, strong guy and can still move. His muscle and aerial skills are far superior to Harmse. As long as he keeps it simple and lets Serioux do the fancy stuff, the pairing might work!
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adrian was definately my Man of the Match, and i think Marco Valez has earned a starting XI place...its good to see him improve over last year. they make a good duo.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was brilliant tonight! Man of the match...IMO.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Velez and Serioux looked good together today. Velez is a big, strong guy and can still move. His muscle and aerial skills are far superior to Harmse. As long as he keeps it simple and lets Serioux do the fancy stuff, the pairing might work!
    I agree wholeheartedly. 100%.

Why Serioux was not given a defender to work with rather than a converted midfielder is anyone's guess. But I hope they don't switch back to Harmse...I will go completely grey.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I said the same thing to my buddies, Serioux just seems so much more comfortable playing alongside a regular defender. None of the unnecessarily hurried clearances this week.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest pet peeve in soccer is a panicky back line. For the first time in our club's short history we did not seem panicked at the back (except Brennan). Serioux deserves all the credit for this. He had a Premiership-type performance.

What a nice change from the Harmse howitzer into the stands or to the other team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    Dude played so fucking awesome today.

He is a beast.
    QFT..

him, frei, cronin..great moves Mo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serioux was a beast all night. MAn handled the Chivas forwards in an intimidating manner while playing well within the laws of the game. The man's body positioning is excellent. How many times did we see him step between the ball and the forward causing said forward to run into Serioux's back and fall down? Nothing looked better than Serioux calmly stepping away with the ball while the forward laid on the turf wondering what just happened and praying to be subbed off before he has to run into Serioux again. Massive performance.
    As for Velez, he was also excellent. Yes, he made one or two errors, but that was easily the most composed I have seen him played. I have always believed the right partner could bring out better play in him and last night would seem to support that. The pairing of him and Serioux are mobile, physically intimidating, dominant in the air, pacey and able to distribute the ball. I am sure they will log many more minutes together after last night.