Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Rumors says Grass coming to T.O for 2010

I know its mls rumors but they guys haven't been too far off the mark on some of their reports..

http://www.mls-rumors.net/2009/04/re...o-unnamed.html

Toronto FC fans may have new reason to cheer in 2010 according to a source within Toronto FC:

I just thought you guys would like to know that I was just informed from within TFC that grass is coming to BMO Field next season. An agreement has been struck with the city with regards to use of the facilities and an alternative that Toronto FC will set up this fall/winter. A lacrosse team may help pay for the upkeep of it in return for getting to use BMO though the bulk of the money for the conversion itself will come from money received from Maurice Edu's transfer to Rangers.

Please realise that my name must be kept anonymous as Toronto FC has really cracked down on leaks.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok guys, come on, man up, who sent it

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

MLS Rumors...lol.

Too much BS flies through that site for me to give too much credence to what they post anymore
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read so much bullshit on that site, I think I need the eyewash station.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team's founding, and this, would be the most important events in TFC history.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how does a site post random anonymous rumours from anyone that sends them an email and expect to be credible?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wind. Up.

If not I'll start tying balloons for the party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if this is at all true, we will know for sure very soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Ok guys, come on, man up, who sent it
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The team's founding, and this, would be the most important events in TFC history.
    I truly believe grass coming to BMO is going to be the most important thing to ever happen to this club. People don't understand how important it is when trying to lure world class players in. If this is true...fuckin...super duper!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that these guys are mostly a joke, but they did break the DeRo trade.

As it relates to TFC, somebody's bunny has a good nose over there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, MLS Rumors is shit, but they've been right in the past. Please don't be bs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlikely story, seems improbable.

...probably true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As soon as I herd the whole "temporary grass" thing I figured it was going to result in just leaving it.

I mean, how long could it take to build a replacement the city will be happy with?
    They should convert an old factory or warehouse and call it the football factory.
    Build TFC's training facility next to it and everything with the academy.

Football factory indeed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while grass would be great...it leave a few problems...like having a few more road games to start the season so the grass would be settled by the time the team plays
    in TO......Start off in San Jose, La, Chivas, Colorado then Columbus before coming
    back to BMO to a solid grass surface? Being we are no such a good road team this
    would put us behind the eight ball to start the season...

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ if having a grass pitch means starting on the road each year, then I can accept that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    while grass would be great...it leave a few problems...like having a few more road games to start the season so the grass would be settled by the time the team plays
    in TO......Start off in San Jose, La, Chivas, Colorado then Columbus before coming
    back to BMO to a solid grass surface? Being we are no such a good road team this
    would put us behind the eight ball to start the season...
    I'm sure you're all clued up on the technology involved. Even if you're correct, it has to be preferable than going season after season with our roster plagued by fatigue and injury, and signing whoever we can get because the better players avoid it.

wait a minute......oh yeah, it's you again.

Dont tell me, you actually think we shouldn't have grass, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    As soon as I herd the whole "temporary grass" thing I figured it was going to result in just leaving it.

I mean, how long could it take to build a replacement the city will be happy with?
    They should convert an old factory or warehouse and call it the football factory.
    Build TFC's training facility next to it and everything with the academy.

Football factory indeed.

The fields at Lakeshore Lions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the mayor's "spokesperson" quoted in the Globe story recently, I think everyone should relax...many miles to go before there's a mow-able surface at BMO.
    We all want it, it's being worked on and everything else is speculation and heresay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will we get a CB before we get grass?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as someone that grows sports turf for a living...
    we'd have to be on the road until now at the earliest.
    the grass is just starting to grow this week.
    just be aware....we'll have played 5 games on the road before a home date...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    MLS Rumors...lol.

Too much BS flies through that site for me to give too much credence to what they post anymore
    I'd believe it, Tyrone Marshall confirmed the same thing last year at the Jack Astors Pub Crawl i was at in Oakville, I spoke with him one on one and grilled him for 15 minutes, I even posted it the day after on the RPB board....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    The fields at Lakeshore Lions.
    I'm well aware. Consider that wishful thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    as someone that grows sports turf for a living...
    we'd have to be on the road until now at the earliest.
    the grass is just starting to grow this week.
    just be aware....we'll have played 5 games on the road before a home date...
    I'm pretty sure there are ways around this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stugatzo View Post
    As the mayor's "spokesperson" quoted in the Globe story recently, I think everyone should relax...many miles to go before there's a mow-able surface at BMO.
    We all want it, it's being worked on and everything else is speculation and heresay.
    So Stuart, If they are working on it now....Then they should have it ready to go in April of 2010!? I mean that is miles down the road(April 2010)..

How slow do these guys work!????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know that some things mls rumors has posted is shite but these guys do seem to have alittle bit of credibility..
    Im not saying that they are right in this one however based on a telephone chat i had with a TFC FO rep about a year ago, I was told that for grass to be placed into BMO we needed to complete 3 full years of having the field in its current state. (field turf) , and that after the three years the federal goverments contract (the money donated by them ) would have been fullfilled by mlse and the city..
    I see what the dude was saying and now its up to the city of toronto and mlse to renegociate the contract to fullfill its obligation of building a community soccer ground which i suspect might just be in etobicoke next or damn close to the new praticise facility being build for the leafs..
    In all accounts we have a few factors in our favor..
    1. Being that as we all see bmo is missing out on alot of revenue becuase the stadium is too small .
    2. We have Miller for mayor and as much as i might dislike this guys left wing ways he sees the potential aswell of expansion. Not only in a revenue way but to make the sport grow and continue to strengthen canadian soccer as a legitimate soccer nation.
    3. If a grass pitch is not put in place toronto might just continue to be a mediocre city for soccer which im am quite certain the teachers union is not so in favor of this.(money talks)

Considering that this gives alot of youth the possibility of dreaming of becoming soccer players. Ties in with scholastic and physical education much like hockey has been forever in canadian schools.
    4.This opens up doors for home grown soccer talent to stay in Canada instead of leaving to U.S universities and colleges where they would be welcomed with open arms.
    5. This opens up and industry for refs, coaches, all personnel involved in the game to continue here in Canada instead of going abroad

just my two cents on the topic..

ps: If this is not done rest assured that Vancouver will indeed become the go to place for soccer in Canada..
    Last edited by gtaguy; 04-21-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are ways around this.
    like what??
    i know some nfl fields heat their turf....
    but that's not likely the case up here.

if you play on frozen turf, you can hurt it.
    if you play on turf before it properly establishes, you can hurt it...

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under pitch heating would need to be there IMO. That will make the price point jump pretty high though.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I'm sure you're all clued up on the technology involved. Even if you're correct, it has to be preferable than going season after season with our roster plagued by fatigue and injury, and signing whoever we can get because the better players avoid it.

wait a minute......oh yeah, it's you again.

Dont tell me, you actually think we shouldn't have grass, right?

im all for grass....that said..i would not want an extended road start
    to a season...where TFC have not exactly been road warriors in the
    past.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtaguy View Post
    i know that some things mls rumors has posted is shite but these guys do seem to have alittle bit of credibility..
    Im not saying that they are right in this one however based on a telephone chat i had with a TFC FO rep about a year ago, I was told that for grass to be placed into BMO we needed to complete 3 full years of having the field in its current state. (field turf) , and that after the three years the federal goverments contract (the money donated by them ) would have been fullfilled by mlse and the city..
    I see what the dude was saying and now its up to the city of toronto and mlse to renegociate the contract to fullfill its obligation of building a community soccer ground which i suspect might just be in etobicoke next or damn close to the new praticise facility being build for the leafs..
    In all accounts we have a few factors in our favor..
    1. Being that as we all see bmo is missing out on alot of revenue becuase the stadium is too small .
    2. We have Miller for mayor and as much as i might dislike this guys left wing ways he sees the potential aswell of expansion. Not only in a revenue way but to make the sport grow and continue to strengthen canadian soccer as a legitimate soccer nation.
    3. If a grass pitch is not put in place toronto might just continue to be a mediocre city for soccer which im am quite certain the teachers union is not so in favor of this.(money talks)

Considering that this gives alot of youth the possibility of dreaming of becoming soccer players. Ties in with scholastic and physical education much like hockey has been forever in canadian schools.
    4.This opens up doors for home grown soccer talent to stay in Canada instead of leaving to U.S universities and colleges where they would be welcomed with open arms.
    5. This opens up and industry for refs, coaches, all personnel involved in the game to continue here in Canada instead of going abroad

just my two cents on the topic..

ps: If this is not done rest assured that Vancouver will indeed become the go to place for soccer in Canada..

BC Place had field turf....and Cant see Vancouver getting a SSS built,
    why would the province and city do that when BC place is now
    ok for MLS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    im all for grass....that said..i would not want an extended road start
    to a season...where TFC have not exactly been road warriors in the
    past.
    Who cares? That would be off set by longer home stretches.