Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They spent so much money, time learning and setting the damm thing up in stead of working on tactics ....shit they could have hired me and i would have done it on the fly for cheap!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Comparing a GM who has been in control of a team for 5 months to a coach has that been in control for 1.2 years. Real mature of you.

only 7 months difference.....not much really....dont forget the Ducks were
    already built before Burke got there so he has not acheived much on his own

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    As for Carver, you don't fire your coach after a few bad results, especially when everyone was glowing after our first two results. There's plenty of time left and I for one back him to turn things around.

IN CARVER WE TRUST
    I agree. People were questioning Barret, Carver kept him going. Football isn't always about the immediate win, and TFC hopefully aren't going to turn to the recent European style of quick-firing the coach. I've got faith in the club and it's commander, and a family can't be built on threat of dismissal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People will always question Barrett. He scored 1 goal in 5 games with umpteen scoring chances this season.

1 goal, does not mean he's going to be a goal scoring machine.

And yes, after this disappointment so far, you'd have to imagine Carver's job would be on the line (But generally your job is always on the line when your team does not produce).

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Napoli73 that is cruel but hilarious genius. Your Barrett and Harmse dots are perfect. But why is there a dot in the right back position, that surely isn't suposed to be Marvell Wynne is it? he's never there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont forget any coach from outside of this league would prob have to have a season or two to adjust so we'd prob have to start from scratch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forget Burke.. he gets a free pass for now.... how about Brian Colangelo?
    he was this god of the NBA GMs.... comes in to a team, does OK, then eventually stinks.
    Did he lose his god-like ability in 3 seasons?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by napoli73 View Post
    They spent so much money, time learning and setting the damm thing up in stead of working on tactics ....shit they could have hired me and i would have done it on the fly for cheap!
    hahaha!! ROFLMFAO... THIS IS BY FAR THE GREATEST POST IN THE HISTORY OF THIS BOARD...

You just forgot to put the dot for Carver moaning in the 4th official's ear all game, and then it's our perfect game plan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    Napoli73 that is cruel but hilarious genius. Your Barrett and Harmse dots are perfect. But why is there a dot in the right back position, that surely isn't suposed to be Marvell Wynne is it? he's never there.
    LOL thanks! This illustration shows general ball movement, tomorrow I shall post player movements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's hilarious. you get an A.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....................................... ....
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    hahaha!! ROFLMFAO... THIS IS BY FAR THE GREATEST POST IN THE HISTORY OF THIS BOARD...

You just forgot to put the dot for Carver moaning in the 4th official's ear all game, and then it's our perfect game plan...
    There ya go lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    forget Burke.. he gets a free pass for now.... how about Brian Colangelo?
    he was this god of the NBA GMs.... comes in to a team, does OK, then eventually stinks.
    Did he lose his god-like ability in 3 seasons?
    People aren't asking for his head because he is a proven GM with a history of success ... something that Mo lacks. Given enough time, it is more likely that he will steer the ship in the correct direction.

In addition, you can't disregard the team's tremendous record in his first full season in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    only 7 months difference.....not much really....dont forget the Ducks were
    already built before Burke got there so he has not acheived much on his own
    WOW - you're so bright that you failed to see that the basis of my comment is you are comparing a GM to a coach. Since when do they have the same role? Carver is responsible for how the current players on the team perform, Burke is responsible for bringing players into the team. If you want to make a Burke comparision try comparing him to Mo, DUH!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    People aren't asking for his head because he is a proven GM with a history of success ... something that Mo lacks. Given enough time, it is more likely that he will steer the ship in the correct direction.

In addition, you can't disregard the team's tremendous record in his first full season in Toronto.
    Not only that, he brought players in that were expected to make the playoffs this year. By ALL ACCOUNTS. So who's to blame? the only people you can blame there are the players. I'd love to blame Mitchell, but the team did no better with him gone. It's really hard to blame an interim coach as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will everyone just chill out. JC & Mo still have 1083 days left on the 5 year plan to get things going.

Patience people, pleeease

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAT 5-YEAR PLAN?!

Who outside of this forum has ever mentioned a 5-Year Plan?!

It's starting to sound like the whole "MLS has decreed all new teams play in Soccer-Specific Stadia" that people are always talking about even though its not true.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On paper, TFC's 2009 roster is certainly more talented than 2008's.
    Aside from O'Brian White, Carver's roster options/selection's are totally his - no excuses.

So far this season, On-the-field, the team is crap; no width, no shape, little in possession, poor support, on and off-the-ball.

There are 2 main reasons for a team not having shape, width, possession and/or support.
    1) Players have no idea what they are supposed to do; or
    2) Players are doing as instructed.

Either explanation = Carver.
    Is the man clueless, probably not; but his way (style/tactics/methods) is not conducive to acquiring points.

More importantly and perhaps more telling is TFC STILL LACK a quality CB and a striker - this reality is not Carver's responsibility or fault. Its not like we don't have chances to score; and its not that we can't defend - nobody takes control, and under pressure its panic mode at the back.

But what talent there is, it is not being properly or fully utilized - this reality is ALL Carver.

Mo will throw Carver under the bus once he senses a threat or pressure from ML$E brass, and only then will Carver be tossed. That act alone buys Mo another season. Mo will have to eat picking "the wrong" gaffer(s) during his plan.

After 5 matches
    2009 Record Overall
    W L T GF GA Pts
    1 2 2 07 09 ..5

Summary - 1st 5 results of 2009
    W, 3-2, @ KC Wizards
    T, 1-1, @ Columbus
    L, 0-2, Seattle
    T, 1-1, FC Dallas
    L, 2-3, @ FC Dallas

2009 Record - current to-date
    Home.............Away
    W L T GF GA ..W L T. GF GA
    0 1 1 01 03 ... 1 1 1 06 06

2008 Record
    1st 5 results from 2008 = 9 points
    L, 0-2, @ Crew
    L, 1-4, @ DC United
    W, 3-2, @ LA Galaxy
    W, 1-0, RSL
    W, 2-0, KC Wizards

Home..........Away
    W L T GF GA ..W L T. GF GA
    6 2 7 17 12 3 11 1 17 31

Next 3 matches are at BMO: Chivas, KC & Columbus.
    Then Vancouver, also @ BMO.
    A vist to DC United, then back to BMO to host Montreal.
    Then it's 2 more MLS opponents @BMO: Chicago & N England.
    Finish May with a trip to Houston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finished mapping the player movement, combined with the ball movement i hope it gives us a better understanding of what we have to work on in training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbl_D View Post
    just want to say.... to all you complainers

"ARE YOU A LEAF FAN IN DISGUISE"

year three for mo and a little over a year for carver and your on these guys... takes time to build... y've been waiting 40 freak'n years and you still watch the leafs wait at least 4 for the TFC...

I'm barfing in my breakfast reading this ... mopes

the ref'n is shit in this league... and im not just saying it in regards to TFC ... watching the sounders / chivas game the other day it was same old crap ref'n...
    I'm curious, what does the shit ref'n have anything to do with Carver's ass being on the line? oh, not the best thing to start your post by saying "to all you complainers" and then going on to complain yourself

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finished mapping the player movement, combined with the ball movement i hope it gives us a better understanding of what we have to work on in training.

excellent work again. especially Dichio's dot.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha-ha love it, especially Carver "discussing" with the 4th official.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally I see Carver's game plan. Excellent. Well maybe it can work. Maybe Chivas so confused that they just sit down in confusion, while we waltz into the box, and kick the ball into the net. However, they are holding shape, I am not sure that is part of the plan.