Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    nah...he's too honest.
    Maybe he should be honest with himself.

Did he ever stop and think that maybe his constant harassment of the officiating is causing them to target our team even more?

Just leave it be John. Every team in the league is playing with these refs. Deal with it already.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    As for Carver, you don't fire your coach after a few bad results, especially when everyone was glowing after our first two results. There's plenty of time left and I for one back him to turn things around.

IN CARVER WE TRUST

Carver is the right man for the job...and the 5 year plan must be followed through then decide Carver's and Mo's fate then..not i minute before. When they signed DeRo fans were all excited and talking playoffs/MLS cup, well it seem DeRo is not the answer 1 goal in 5 games?? He may still
    bag a dozen or so but dont count on it...We need a pure striker, a quality
    defender ( Tyronne come back all is forgiven) and another midfield player.
    We have 3 keepers ( Frei...Keep.......Sutton and Edwards tradeable if it means getting help in the other positions.....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    So last season doesnt count? And the last 3 games dont count? You only want to consider the first two games of this season?

Well, I can see you are one of the 'In Carver We Trust' sheep who just want a slogan so there isnt much debate to be had here.
    Easy there big fella. All I said was we had a couple of good result followed by a few bad ones, and with so much of the season left to go it's a bit soon to start screaming for the coach's head. I agree the last few results have been crap and in a couple of those games we played like crap. I am not exonerating that based on an away win in Kansas. All I am doing is advocating a bit more patience before taking drastic action. In this league, you can turn your season around quite dramatically in a very short space of time. We have the players to do that and a coach with top level experience. Whereas if we did fire Carver now, we'd need a complete overhaul of the backroom staff and probably to some degree the playing staff. So before we do that, let;s just wait a bit longer.

That's my opinion, and it's a fair one, so there's no need to go chucking semi-abusive lables around. Otherwise, I might label you a panic mongering idiot who can't hold onto his wad for more than a couple of games. Clearly opinion is split on Carver right now, but in my book it's more productive to get behind the team and the coach and hope they can turn things around, certainly at this early stage of the season. if it stays this way without changing then there will clearly come a time when Carver's position becomes untenable, but I don't think we're there yet.

As for last season, we started with a bollocks squad and Carver knew nothing about MLS. That's not an excuse, but it does provide compelling reasons for giving the guy a bit more time. How much more time is where you and I (and others) seem to differ, as I said above.
    Last edited by Hitcho; 04-20-2009 at 11:31 AM.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LucaGol View Post
    Maybe he should be honest with himself.

Did he ever stop and think that maybe his constant harassment of the officiating is causing them to target our team even more?.
    it can't hurt our team, since every coach in MLS harasses the refs.

You should have heard Jason Kreis of RSL last year... he even got suspended for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    it can't hurt our team, since every coach in MLS harasses the refs.

You should have heard Jason Kreis of RSL last year... he even got suspended for it.
    I think we both agree that JC takes complaining to a different level.

I mean he's practically in the 4th official's ear the entire game.

Kreis lost it that one time. JC's always losing his shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we both agree that JC takes complaining to a different level.

I mean he's practically in the 4th official's ear the entire game.

Kreis lost it that one time. JC's always losing his shit.

Maybe hes used to better officials then the lot we had last night,

MLS needs to improve the standard of officals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Maybe hes used to better officials then the lot we had last night,

MLS needs to improve the standard of officals
    People complain about reffing after World Cup and Champions League finals .... granted MLS reffing is sub-par ... but its the same tune over and over again.

Just forget about it and concentrate on improving the team's horrendous cohesion issues. Carver's a broken record. You have to earn your luck, so they say. Maybe if we had more meaningful possession in the final third of the field we'd have more penalty decisions go in our favour.

Carver is starting to get desperate, and it's starting to show.

He has no answers, and is getting outclassed and outcoached by managers who I'm sure he sees as "beneath" him.

Oh well, Shearer and Coca-Cola Championship awaits ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Carver is the right man for the job...and the 5 year plan must be followed through then decide Carver's and Mo's fate then..not i minute before.
    If at the end of the 5-year plan we are still shit, and Mo & John are fired, and new management are brought in -- and they want another 5-years to repair the damage done by the previous 5-year plan. I say no way -- I give Mo & John until the end of the week. If we get done by Chivas and KC at home, then it is a done deal for the pair with a history of terrible management.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too extreme especially as who will replace them?
    Should we go without a GM and a head coach?
    You want Dasovic coaching our first team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut View Post
    If at the end of the 5-year plan we are still shit, and Mo & John are fired, and new management are brought in -- and they want another 5-years to repair the damage done by the previous 5-year plan. I say no way -- I give Mo & John until the end of the week. If we get done by Chivas and KC at home, then it is a done deal for the pair with a history of terrible management.
    The only real issue that Im genuinely concerned about is that after Mo Johnston, there is really no one else to steer the ship in this organization.

Anselmi and co. rely on him in totality.

If they let Mo Johnston and John Carver go, Im afraid there is a lack of candidates that can successfully guide an MLS franchise to success. (Or perhaps there are and just my lack of knowledge in this particular area)

Which means MLSE must do some digging of their own. I think they probably know that Carver and Johnston must go now (or they will soon) ... but are just afraid that they don't know what move to make next of who to entrust the team to.

I think Jason Bent could be given a shout for at least asst. coach .... but as to who would take over Mo Johnston's duties, I have not one idea.
    Last edited by LucaGol; 04-20-2009 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People expect Carver to win with the garbage team he has to work with?

I wonder how many coach's TFC will go through before they realize it's the talentless and over-the-hill players (Dero) we have that are the problem.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut View Post

Its funny Most experts feel Mo won this years Superdraft, so hows that
    terrible management? Remember it not easy getting athletes from other countries to come to Canada...Most would prefer to head to the USA first, thats what Mo is up against..The Jays and Raptors cant get real
    talent to come up here as well>then there is the Salary cap issue, you
    are really going to find it hard to get decent players with that. The DP
    issue has been done to death...there is no 100% that a DP would help
    us improve...improving a 3rd year club takes time...lets hope there
    is no more talk of playoffs/mls cup for a while at least, this team needs
    to just focus on game by game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stilts View Post
    People expect Carver to win with the garbage team he has to work with?

I wonder how many coach's TFC will go through before they realize it's the talentless and over-the-hill players (Dero) we have that are the problem.

DeRo should have never been brought here...the club caved to the pressures of the supporters and that cant be good...Now we have
    DeRo and over aged over rated player now banged up...Keeping
    Jullius James would have been better for the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, I'd feel more comfortable with Mo on the bench. ... and that's not saying much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, you continue to amaze me Mighty_Torontofc_2008

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should pass judgement at the end of the season.

However, I feel like someone has deflated my balloon because this team is not performing as well as I thought they would.

Crying out for his head won't do anything, unless we have somebody in mind to replace him.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    As for Carver, you don't fire your coach after a few bad results, especially when everyone was glowing after our first two results. There's plenty of time left and I for one back him to turn things around.

IN CARVER WE TRUST
    The team is on pace to do worst than last year.

It's not just bad results, it's bad play that will rarely get good results in the future.

Fire Carver!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only real issue that Im genuinely concerned about is that after Mo Johnston, there is really no one else to steer the ship in this organization.

If they let Mo Johnston and John Carver go, Im afraid there is a lack of candidates that can successfully guide an MLS franchise to success. (Or perhaps there are and just my lack of knowledge in this particular area)

Which means MLSE must do some digging of their own. I think they probably know that Carver and Johnston must go now (or they will soon) ... but are just afraid that they don't know what move to make next of who to entrust the team to.

I think Jason Bent could be given a shout for at least asst. coach .... but as to who would take over Mo Johnston's duties, I have not one idea.
    Perhaps, as many people have said before, MLSE do not care about winning, as long as the stadium is full, lots of food and beer is sold, and there is a loooong waiting list for tickets.

We should take a page out of the books of the Milan ultras -- and let them know just how unhappy we are with OUR teams lack of progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser Juan View Post
    I think we should pass judgement at the end of the season.

However, I feel like someone has deflated my balloon because this team is not performing as well as I thought they would.

Crying out for his head won't do anything, unless we have somebody in mind to replace him.
    There's a reason why Carver said what he did at the press conference yesterday.

I feel as if Mo is ruthless ... if he fears his own job is in danger because JC is underperforming as a coach, he'll cut him loose. It'll be about survival for MoJo; dog-eat-dog.

I think JC's head is more on the chopping block than we think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope not, I haven't' even got my In Carver We Trust scarf yet

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aroundtheworld View Post
    The team is on pace to do worst than last year.

It's not just bad results, it's bad play that will rarely get good results in the future.

Fire Carver!
    thats not the answer....patience and calm is needed...we are only 5 games into the season...out of 30 ..a long ways to go yet...look if the Leafs fired a coach after every losing season they would a long list of ex Leaf coaches.Give the management time the 5 yrs the wanted to build a club the right way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really a problem for any team in the MLS, and I am sure one that they are thinking about. With all of the messed up MLS rules, you have to have someone in the GM position who knows them. And all of the MLS teams know this, so it would be in their best interests to refuse permission to talk to other GM's, assistant GM's (if there are any) and coaches. Coaching assistants are a possibility of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    This is really a problem for any team in the MLS, and I am sure one that they are thinking about. With all of the messed up MLS rules, you have to have someone in the GM position who knows them. And all of the MLS teams know this, so it would be in their best interests to refuse permission to talk to other GM's, assistant GM's (if there are any) and coaches. Coaching assistants are a possibility of course.
    Just like the NHL has "capologist" TFC should hire a permanent "MLS-ologist" so to speak.

Someone not necessarily involved in the day-to-day operations of the team, but simply an advisor to the man who is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Carver is accountable, no question. But please do not give credit to Mo for DeRo, he was gifted, lets be honest. He demanded to come back, and hence the trade.

I do agree that Mo does well with selecting young talent. However the fiasco on the Marshall trade, inability to get a CB and a DP, is all on MO. Please read my post...Carver will be thrown under the bus when MO feels the heat. I will bet on that.
    You got that right.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck off.

In Carver I trust.

-
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Fuck off.

JC's all red Army??

Long term success in any league needs stability.

way to throw your leaders under the bus.

FUCK OFF.

In Carver I trust.

-

Great, thanks.

Sure, we'll be successful long-term .... successful at achieving mediocrity and playing attrociously unattractive and just plain bad soccer (for MLS standards) in the process. Can't wait. Sign me up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, I'd feel more comfortable with Mo on the bench. ... and that's not saying much.
    Given that it was frequently discussed amongst people in the league that Mo was horribly out of his depth coaching his first year, both tactically and in terms of man management, I'd have to disagree with that.

In fact, I think Carver underestimated coming here how little support he'd get in key positions. No quality CB yet?(And until he's had more than two competent games and can marshall the back line, Serioux doesn't qualify.)
    No proven finisher up top? Utterly bankrupt wing play?

We have personnel issues, first and foremost, and that's up to MO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm becoming disillusioned with the play of our team in general. Not sure who I would shoulder with the blame yet.

Crying out for Carver's head is just too easy. He makes some suspect substitution decisions, but those decisions usually come after 45-60 minutes of shitty play from our team. And I don't know if the problem is a bad strategy, or bad players not executing Carver's strategy.

I will say I wasn't impressed with Carver's post-game interview last night, where he said we "dominated" the second half, and blamed the referees for everything. We did okay in the second half, but all it did was get us back to even ground, after shitting the bed in the first half AGAIN. And while that penalty robbed us of a point, it should be the two goals that went in before that one, that concerns him.

There's still lots of time to turn this season around, though, and I'm willing to give the team another 8-10 games to show us that they were just starting out flatfooted. Beyond that, if things haven't improved, then personnel changes need to be made.

I'm a really patient supporter, as long as the team is clearly getting BETTER. So far at this early point of the season, the team has not looked better. And someone - be it players, coaches, managers, or some combination of the three - will have to own up to that, if it doesn't improve.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Fuck off.

In Carver I trust.

-
    As do i my brother as do i.

WALK ON!!