Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
Carver is accountable, no question. But please do not give credit to Mo for DeRo, he was gifted, lets be honest. He demanded to come back, and hence the trade.

I do agree that Mo does well with selecting young talent. However the fiasco on the Marshall trade, inability to get a CB and a DP, is all on MO. Please read my post...Carver will be thrown under the bus when MO feels the heat. I will bet on that.
How is not getting a DP on Mo? It's not like MLSE have come out and said "we've given Mo a blank cheque to get us a DP, and we're excited to see who he brings in". Who's the more likely culprit - the GM who would love to see a DP come in or a corporation famous for being tight arsed fuckers when there's a global credit cruch going on? There's no basis at all for pinning the lack of DP on Mo.

besides which, a DP chews up a huge chunk of your salary cap so it;s questionable if there's even any benefit to it. i'd rather have a stronger squad frankly. De Ro is injured so now we can bring in Vitti. If we had a DP, and he got injured, there'd be no-one on the bench and we'd be fucked.

The CB situation is probably on Mo, I agree. The word is Mo had a CB lined up and got screwed at the last minute, but that's still on his plate. Marshall should not have been traded until the other guy was on board. But, if the Ives/Molinaro rumours are true about an incoming CB who is "a big name for MLS" then Mo has even got that one nailed down, and added to the rest of the off season deals, he's done just about everything it's possible to do.