RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today’s News, Wednesday , Apr.22

Mayor fan of grass for Toronto FC
    Allison Hanes

Mayor David Miller, who has attended Toronto FC soccer games with his family, said today he would like to see the professional football club play on grass instead of turf.
    But when the team and the city brokered a deal for BMO Field at Exhibition Place, part of the agreement hinged on community benefits:
    mainly the installation of a big bubble over the playing field in winter for the use of children and community indoor leagues.

"I’d like to see grass there," Mr Miller said. "If there’s going to be grass there we have to find another place to bubble in the winter to provide the place for young soccer players to get a good start in Toronto.
    Part of the goal of this stadium was to increase the quality of soccer in Canada and the accessibility to young people."

Read More

Depleted TFC in tough against powerful Chivas

Loss of De Rosario will make it even harder for Toronto to get first win of year at BMO Field
    Daniel Girard

Less than one-quarter of the way into the season may be too early to talk about must-win games.
    But Toronto FC players, winless in their last four games, clearly understand the importance of tonight's tilt against Chivas USA, the first of three straight at BMO Field.
    "It's massive," midfielder Carl Robinson said of the need to get the homestand off to a good start. "If you're going to push for the playoffs, which is our aim, then you've got to win your home games.

Read More

Toronto FC's De Rosario out with hamstring injury, coach Carver fined
    cbc.sport

Toronto FC could be without star playmaker Dwayne De Rosario for several weeks due to a hamstring injury suffered in Sunday's game, the team announced Tuesday.
    And to add insult to injury, head coach John Carver was fined by Major League Soccer for criticizing the officiating during the same match.
    De Rosario, a native of Scarborough, Ont., is scheduled to have a scan to determine the extent of the injury, which he suffered in the 3-2 road loss to FC Dallas.

Read More

TFC face MLS best minus DeRo
    By RYAN JOHNSTON

A hamstring injury will keep Dwayne De Rosario out of the lineup when Toronto FC faces the league-best Chivas USA on Wednesday at BMO Field.
    De Rosario limped off of Sunday's loss to FC Dallas in the 74th minute.

"He's definitely out for two games and it might be more than that," said coach John Carver at training on Tuesday.
    "Building up to the match on Sunday it was an issue of him just having a tight hamstring, but you saw from his reaction that he did tear it."

Read More

TFC look to halt skid against Chivas USA
    Reds look to halt skid against unbeaten Red-and-White

The team with the best record in Major League Soccer, Chivas USA, head to the Eastern time zone for the first time this season when they meet a Toronto FC side looking to reverse a recent skid.
    Chivas USA are undefeated in five matches on the season, with four victories and league's best defense.
    Toronto FC are still looking for a second win on the season, with two losses and two draws in their last four matches.

Read More

TFC dealt another blow
    First questionable officiating, then a fine, now the loss of De Rosario to injury
    By LANCE HORNBY

So how's it going, John Carver, other than losing your best player for three to four weeks, getting fined almost $1,000, struggling at home and facing undefeated Chivas USA tonight in a jam-packed schedule?
    Good thing Toronto FC plays better with the odds against it, such as earning four points in two early away games and a rally that almost grabbed a point Sunday in Dallas.
    "We came out the second half dead and buried and put on a better show," Carver said of the game in Dallas. "Maybe we do play better as the underdogs, yes."

Read More

Toronto FC struggles to find its stride
    1 point in 3 games
    Eric Koreen

Toronto FC cannot quite bury the past.
    The third-year club came into this Major League Soccer season with a minimum expectation of making the playoffs.
    But after winning its season opener and earning points in its first two road games, Toronto has just one point to show from its last three matches.
    And while TFC would like to be focusing on a three-game home stand that starts tonight against league-leading Chivas USA, the club cannot forget what has preceded it.

Read More

MLS Preview: Chivas USA At Toronto FC

Chivas USA head for their first trip to the east coast this season looking to cement their place at the top of the pile.
    Toronto FC will look to ignite their home form despite the absence of talisman Dwayne De Rosario following a run of disappointing results.
    Managing expectations
    Toronto FC seems to revel in the status of underdogs and have so far failed to live up to their preseason hype. They seem unable to overcome their habit of conceding late goals.
    The management and players are both at a loss to explain the reason for their late game jitters. Addressing that issue may take some doing, as will filling the boots of the injured De Rosario for the next few weeks.

Read More

Canada U-17 draws Honduras
    THE CANADIAN PRESS

TIJUANA, Mexico -- The Canadian men's under-17 soccer team scored drew 1-1 against Honduras on Tuesday at the CONCACAF U-17 soccer championship.

The game, played in withering 30C heat, saw Canada go ahead 1-0 at the 40-minute mark on a penalty kick by Russell Teibert of Niagara Falls, Ont.

The member of the Vancouver Whitecaps' youth program fired into the low corner to put the Canadians ahead.

Read More

SUNSHINE
    Last edited by denime; 04-22-2009 at 06:21 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mornin' all

Enjoy reading !

COME ON YOU REDS!!!
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Carver was fined $750 US by MLS later Tuesday for calling referee Tim Weyland's performance "a disgrace" in the weekend loss to FC Dallas."

Maybe the fans should set up a drop box at BMO...
    "Drop a loonie here if you agree with Coach Carver's comments about the refereeing in Dallas"

After we pay the fine in loonies we can donate the rest to charity cause I am sure we would get over $750.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSG -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mornin D!

SSG,

COMEEEEEE OOONNNNN YOUUUUU REDSS!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Carter; 04-22-2009 at 09:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I'll match your $20.

Lets raise money and donate it to Canadian National Institute for the Blind on behalf of Carver and the RPB.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Actually that a pretty good idea. Funny and raises money for a good cause

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    "Carver was fined $750 US by MLS later Tuesday for calling referee Tim Weyland's performance "a disgrace" in the weekend loss to FC Dallas."

"Drop a loonie here if you agree with Coach Carver's comments about the refereeing in Dallas"

After we pay the fine in loonies we can donate the rest to charity cause I am sure we would get over $750.

I'm in for $20, and I'll set up a box on Sunday.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    ^
    Lets raise money and donate it to Canadian National Institute for the Blind on behalf of Carver and the RPB.

I like this idea !!

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about we donate $ 750.00 to canadian national institute for the blind in carver's name

oh and mornin all

come on you reds -- its game day whooooooo
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I'll match your $20.

Put me down for $20 - I think it's a great idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I'll match your $20.

Good gesture to donate it to a charity but I think this is an insult to the CNIB.....

I say setup the box and donate it to one of our current charities.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am not being dumb i started that post at 8am and just got back to it
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Good gesture to donate it to a charity but I think this is an insult to the CNIB.....
    I considered that point of view, but in the end they'll get some money (and without question its a worthy cause) and it's not like they have to be in on the joke of it so it's no disrespect towards them. The charity of choice makes the connection to the situation...raising money for the Terry Fox Foundation because our coach was fined for criticizing a ref's bad call doesn't really add up, ya know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I get your point....but wouldn't want the potential backlash on it that's all.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

today's coed Girl yummy. I'll have to pitch in some $$ to the cause too. It sounds good though to donate it to an organization. Hey anytime we can get positive press saying we are donating things the better.
    Last edited by keem-o-sabi; 04-22-2009 at 08:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys are doing it, I am in.

We should also let newspapers, bloggers, etc. know about this. Let them run with the story and get a reaction from Garber.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post

I say setup the box and donate it to one of our current charities.

So perhaps the idea is to ask them whether they'd consider it an insult. They might find it a novel way of generating money and might even have a bit of a laugh at it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Hell, I would pay the whole $750 myself if it would get Carter to stop bitching at the 4th official all game and actually coach a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a great idea I'm in for $20 which ever way you do it.
    If every time JC gets fined we can help out a charity just hope he wont start doing it on purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donate the $750 in Carver's name, and he'll get the tax receipt.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doesn't $750 seem a little mickey mouse to anyone else?

take this for example:
    http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/si...ne_050317.html

an NBA coach is fined $10,000 for making comments to one of his own players after a practice.
    You'd think it's not uncommon for a coach to yell at his team when needed. That's nothing compared to calling on a ref.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or this one:

Cleveland's coach was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Thursday for publicly criticizing referee Joey Crawford following the Cavaliers' last-second loss at Indiana earlier this week.

Although league disciplinarian Stu Jackson said in a release that Brown had been fined for comments made about "the officials," Brown's postgame tirade was directed at Crawford, who whistled LeBron James for a foul on Pacers forward Danny Granger in the final second. Crawford felt James made contact with Granger, who sank one free throw to give Indiana a 96-95 win.

Brown claimed Crawford made a predetermined -- or makeup -- call against James, who had been involved in a similar play moments earlier when Granger was whistled for a foul while trying to defend an alley-oop pass intended for James.
    http://www.nba.com/2009/news/02/12/b....html?rss=true

$25,000 ?????????????????????
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just called the CNIB and explained the situation and they are absolutely fine with the donation. They only asked that we submit a letter (which I'm willing to write) explaining the situation in writing and they gave me a contact e-mail address. They'd also like our permission to use the 'story' for their own promotion. I told them that I didn't have the authority to grant the permission at the time, but that I didn't think that it would be a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Basketball coaches make $1 million, minimum (when the Raps fired Mitchell he was making $4 million). Carver doesn't make anywhere near that...it's all relative.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as soon as Dero went down, when we were watching at Joes, I saw his mouth say "Hamstring"

then out of my mouth came "at least 3 weeks"

Sometimes it suck to be right.

NOW!!! CHIVAS!!
    WILL WE GET THE BALL TO GOD DAMN GUEVARA?
    SO HE CAN RUN IN DOWN THE GOD DAMN PITCH
    UP THE GOD DAMN MIDDLE
    AND NOT HAVE TO SUFFER THROUGH THIS GOD DAMN PUNTING OVER THE TOP GOD DAMN BULLCRAP?
    MAYBE GET A GOD DAMN FORWARD ON THE END OF IT
    AND PUT IT IN THE GOD DAMN NET?

like - GOD DAMN!!!!

Im sorry
    But Im god damn'd pissed that our most creative and best players are not getting the ball enough.
    fuck the god damn long ball, have faith in your team mates,
    and fucking work together out there!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    as soon as Dero went down, when we were watching at Joes, I saw his mouth say "Hamstring"

then out of my mouth came "at least 3 weeks"

Sometimes it suck to be right.

NOW!!! CHIVAS!!
    WILL WE GET THE BALL TO GOD DAMN GUEVARA?
    SO HE CAN RUN IN DOWN THE GOD DAMN PITCH
    UP THE GOD DAMN MIDDLE
    AND NOT HAVE TO SUFFER THROUGH THIS GOD DAMN PUNTING OVER THE TOP GOD DAMN BULLCRAP?
    MAYBE GET A GOD DAMN FORWARD ON THE END OF IT
    AND PUT IT IN THE GOD DAMN NET?

like - GOD DAMN!!!!

Im sorry
    But Im god damn'd pissed that our most creative and best players are not getting the ball enough.
    fuck the god damn long ball, have faith in your team mates,
    and fucking work together out there!
    and in the words of my buddy techno...

EAT IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark Cuban was recently fined $25,000 for comments made on Twitter. He had previously been fined $100K for comments about referees.

The $750 in this case gives an indication as to the seriousness of the "crime". The comments posted yesterday in the LA media go a long way to supporting what Carver said. I wondered when I read them whether it would have any impact on the discipline - maybe it did and maybe not. But the same ref has come under criticism from several teams in the last few weeks. So did they all get hit with the same sort of fine?

And CretanBull, good on ya' for contacting CNIB! You beat me to it!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the fact TFC is "depleted" meanwhile Chivas is missing about 10 guys if not more!
    Granted DeRo is out for us but its only him and OBW.

Its just funny as hell to me
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018