Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitcho, I thought MLSE got approval from the board to get a DP. Do you remember that ? But to be honest, there is so much BS that goes around this team about who is doing what and what they are about to bring, that I lost track. Maybe Mo did not have approval to get a DP. But if he did, which I think he did, he has not been successful in getting a DP.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Hitcho, I thought MLSE got approval from the board to get a DP. Do you remember that ? But to be honest, there is so much BS that goes around this team about who is doing what and what they are about to bring, that I lost track. Maybe Mo did not have approval to get a DP. But if he did, which I think he did, he has not been successful in getting a DP.
    wzhxvy - dude, that's a hell of a name to type out! i do remember a rumour to that effect now you mention it, but how concrete it was I don't know. from what I recall there was an MLSe board meeting and everyone was expecting DP approval confirmation to come out of that board meeting, but there was never any reliable confirmation it did. So it may be Mo was given some kind of sign off and has failed to deliver, but even so we don't know if he was only given provisional sign off (ie, bring us some names and salaries and we'll think about it) or given sign off but with a limited budget not big enough to secure a name worthy of the money, etc. I guess my point is, there's just not enough info to skewer Mo on the DP issue. I'd skewer MLSE first, although I'd still rather have greater squad depth than one really great player and not much else.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed