Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Carver: job on the line

But all that hard work was for naught when referee Tim Weyland ruled that defender Marvell Wynne handled the ball inside the box with just seven minutes left to play.
    "When your job is threatened, and on the line, because of decisions like that, then I've got to say something," said Carver after Kenny Cooper's spot kick, his second goal of the game, gave FC Dallas its first win of the season. "I'm having a go at the referee today."
    http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/te....jsp&team=t280

There is something behind this outburst...
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its true, I wonder who they have as a replacement, im sure its just him saying that he feels like his job is threatened from play like this
    Last edited by Ossington Mental Youth; 04-20-2009 at 10:31 AM. Reason: added IF its true

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just saying this seems to show he is not feeling too secure right now.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are well aware of the actions that will be taken if the season does not improve.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'm just saying this seems to show he is not feeling too secure right now.
    Well, its not like hes got any reason he should feel secure.

Unless of course him and Mo are just having a laugh duping all these stupid Canadians who seem to think 'British accent = great football mind'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fuck is Carver thinking...this man is a joke. Seriously...blaming it on the refs? Why not blame it on his total lack of knowledge and inability to do anything behind he bench for the Reds. Although the referee wasn't the greatest, the handball was not some crazy, insane call that would only have been made in the MLS. Those calls have been given in every league around the world including the elite leagues in Europe. TFC shouldn't be struggling to beat one of the worst teams in the league. It's just a disgrace to see Carver saying those kind of things. Trying to cover his own arse like a child in the playground. Rubbish!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy is all talk.. as a coach he sucks.. maybe he should apply as a PR guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think Carver has been effective but I do believe he is a geniunely good guy, which makes me feel for him. However, if anyone here thinks that Mo will not throw him under the bus...think again. Mo knows that his job is threatened and the best way to buy time to continue his reign as "pimp supreme with a 5 year plan" is to fire the coach. I am sure Carver knows that.
    Last edited by wzhxvy; 04-20-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread was about Carver so I decided to keep it strictly on him....don't even get me started on RatFuck Trader Mo...Total farce. All the man has is a scottish accent and shitfuck attitude.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The run of 5 home games in the next 6 matches is definitely going to be key for Carver, if things stay as they are the pressure will reach boiling point.

That said, it's not just down to him. On paper the team looks great (save one of our CB positions) but they are just not playing to their potential. The coach has to take some of the blame for that, but the players must also know they are not doing well enough. The Seattle game was a nightmare, and there's no way all the individual poor performances can be placed on Carver's head.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted this in other thread but seems to fit better here.

Positives about Carver from yesterday's game, and yes, there's a bit of straw clutching going on here, but they're all valid points.

1- The first 15-20 minutes or so (presumbaly Carver's plan A)we played alright, were keeping possession and created good chances that were wasted.
    2- Our first goal was some kind of trick corner play straight for the training ground, presumably choreographed by Carver.
    3- After half time, we played better, Presumably inspired by Carver.
    4- When we were down 2-1 and needing to change things up and take chances, he was ready to bring Velez on, and go 3-5-2 with wynne and Brennan pushed further forward. This would be evidence of changing things around and adapting to the situation which people say he can't do.
    5- Then we scored so the situation changed and he again adapted by not going to the more risky option and sticking with the formation that was working.
    6- After they scored their 3rd, he did try substitutions to give us a better chance of scoring.

Is everything perfect and problem free? absolutely not. Should Carver be fired? maybe. Does it seem like he'd be better as an assistant coach than as the main man? yep.

But is he the clueless clown he gets portrayed as here? nope.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what people perceive Mo's role to be, but for me he brought in some great players in the off season for some seriously brilliant trades, played the draft like a fiddle and has stock piled allocation money like a genius. He's not the coach and he can't bring in a DP without MLSE giving him the cash. SO what more do people really want from him?

De Rosario
    Serioux
    Vitti
    Frei
    Cronin
    OBW
    Robbo re-signed for 2 years

There's no other team in the league that has an off-season acquisition list as good as ours, and we hardly gave up anything in return.

EDIT - before anyone says it, Seattle don't count because they're an expansion team...
    Last edited by Hitcho; 04-20-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some people just have a hate on for mo.

I do want to see more from Carver, i had higher hopes for this season adn theres still time for him to pull it out. I do think Mo is to blame as well and if we dont see playoffs Mos gotta go too. Im just scared we will go down a level in management, thats another concern for another time

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    I'm not sure what people perceive Mo's role to be, but for me he brought in some great players in the off season for some seriously brilliant trades, played the draft like a fiddle and has stock piled allocation money like a genius. He's not the coach and he can't bring in a DP without MLSE giving him the cash. SO what more do people really want from him?

De Rosario
    Serioux
    Vitti
    Frei
    Cronin
    OBW
    Robbo re-signed for 2 years

There's no other team in the league that has an off-season acquisition list as good as ours, and we hardly gave up anything in return.
    If only we didnt have to play the games, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carver is accountable, no question. But please do not give credit to Mo for DeRo, he was gifted, lets be honest. He demanded to come back, and hence the trade.

I do agree that Mo does well with selecting young talent. However the fiasco on the Marshall trade, inability to get a CB and a DP, is all on MO. Please read my post...Carver will be thrown under the bus when MO feels the heat. I will bet on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    some people just have a hate on for mo.

I do want to see more from Carver, i had higher hopes for this season adn theres still time for him to pull it out. I do think Mo is to blame as well and if we dont see playoffs Mos gotta go too. Im just scared we will go down a level in management, thats another concern for another time
    Naw this gives them something else to bitch about when they don't get what they want next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Naw this gives them something else to bitch about when they don't get what they want next year.
    Doubt it

Mikey

Sadly, I think Carver will be strung along until end of season, and if let go, used as a deflection at that time from "where's the DP?".
    Not entirely sure everyone would fall for the imminent dp rumours at season renewal time again this year like they did last year, but they might fall for "world class manager imminent" rumours instead.

Gotta get the saps to plunk down early with another 30% hike in season ticket prices.....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    If only we didnt have to play the games, right?
    er, what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LucaGol View Post
    Doubt it
    Maybe we should just bench Carver for a bit, and have Cummings take over, maybe giving him 2 games on the bench will make his head clear, and see the light..

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Carver is accountable, no question. But please do not give credit to Mo for DeRo, he was gifted, lets be honest. He demanded to come back, and hence the trade.

I do agree that Mo does well with selecting young talent. However the fiasco on the Marshall trade, inability to get a CB and a DP, is all on MO. Please read my post...Carver will be thrown under the bus when MO feels the heat. I will bet on that.
    How is not getting a DP on Mo? It's not like MLSE have come out and said "we've given Mo a blank cheque to get us a DP, and we're excited to see who he brings in". Who's the more likely culprit - the GM who would love to see a DP come in or a corporation famous for being tight arsed fuckers when there's a global credit cruch going on? There's no basis at all for pinning the lack of DP on Mo.

besides which, a DP chews up a huge chunk of your salary cap so it;s questionable if there's even any benefit to it. i'd rather have a stronger squad frankly. De Ro is injured so now we can bring in Vitti. If we had a DP, and he got injured, there'd be no-one on the bench and we'd be fucked.

The CB situation is probably on Mo, I agree. The word is Mo had a CB lined up and got screwed at the last minute, but that's still on his plate. Marshall should not have been traded until the other guy was on board. But, if the Ives/Molinaro rumours are true about an incoming CB who is "a big name for MLS" then Mo has even got that one nailed down, and added to the rest of the off season deals, he's done just about everything it's possible to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitcho, I thought MLSE got approval from the board to get a DP. Do you remember that ? But to be honest, there is so much BS that goes around this team about who is doing what and what they are about to bring, that I lost track. Maybe Mo did not have approval to get a DP. But if he did, which I think he did, he has not been successful in getting a DP.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for Carver, you don't fire your coach after a few bad results, especially when everyone was glowing after our first two results. There's plenty of time left and I for one back him to turn things around.

IN CARVER WE TRUST

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

er, what?
    To use a cliche as old as sports, the games arent played on paper.

The additions look great on paper. Unfortunately, with a nearly full compliment of healthy players, we have managed one victory.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for Carver, you don't fire your coach after a few bad results, especially when everyone was glowing after our first two results. There's plenty of time left and I for one back him to turn things around.

IN CARVER WE TRUST
    So last season doesnt count? And the last 3 games dont count? You only want to consider the first two games of this season?

Well, I can see you are one of the 'In Carver We Trust' sheep who just want a slogan so there isnt much debate to be had here.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Hitcho, I thought MLSE got approval from the board to get a DP. Do you remember that ? But to be honest, there is so much BS that goes around this team about who is doing what and what they are about to bring, that I lost track. Maybe Mo did not have approval to get a DP. But if he did, which I think he did, he has not been successful in getting a DP.
    wzhxvy - dude, that's a hell of a name to type out! i do remember a rumour to that effect now you mention it, but how concrete it was I don't know. from what I recall there was an MLSe board meeting and everyone was expecting DP approval confirmation to come out of that board meeting, but there was never any reliable confirmation it did. So it may be Mo was given some kind of sign off and has failed to deliver, but even so we don't know if he was only given provisional sign off (ie, bring us some names and salaries and we'll think about it) or given sign off but with a limited budget not big enough to secure a name worthy of the money, etc. I guess my point is, there's just not enough info to skewer Mo on the DP issue. I'd skewer MLSE first, although I'd still rather have greater squad depth than one really great player and not much else.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    To use a cliche as old as sports, the games arent played on paper.

The additions look great on paper. Unfortunately, with a nearly full compliment of healthy players, we have managed one victory.
    Ah, gotcha. Agreed with what you say in this post. Where I think we disgaree is how quickly we react to a few bad results by firing the coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alarius View Post
    The guy is all talk.. as a coach he sucks.. maybe he should apply as a PR guy.
    nah...he's too honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just want to say.... to all you complainers

"ARE YOU A LEAF FAN IN DISGUISE"

year three for mo and a little over a year for carver and your on these guys... takes time to build... y've been waiting 40 freak'n years and you still watch the leafs wait at least 4 for the TFC...

I'm barfing in my breakfast reading this ... mopes

the ref'n is shit in this league... and im not just saying it in regards to TFC ... watching the sounders / chivas game the other day it was same old crap ref'n...

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by BleedRed View Post
    This thread was about Carver so I decided to keep it strictly on him....don't even get me started on RatFuck Trader Mo...Total farce. All the man has is a scottish accent and shitfuck attitude.
    Very insightful comment. These are the kind of posts that make this board an excellent place to visit. If only more people would post constructive critism like this we'd be in business!