Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll predict that if/when Carver is fired, Mo goes back down on the field himself.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I'll predict that if/when Carver is fired, Mo goes back down on the field himself.
    If Carver gets canned, and if it's mid-season, I predict that too.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they need to get back to basics...too much messing around with technology for fitness and game reviewing....they need to be on the pitch with a ball and pylons, and by pylons i don't mean the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well since we are onto Leafs comparisons here it goes. Ron Wilson took a team this year who was supposed to be utter shite by all accounts and somehow got them to play some pretty good hockey at times. In fact he's so good, he managed to play us out of a shot at Tavares. You can see right now that with the right players, Ron can take this Leafs team back to the playoffs without a problem.

Carver on the other hand has never shown that he can take a bad team and make them perform up to or even better then expectations as Ron did. Instead, he has actually managed to make this team perform even worst then most people expected. This year, he's had an entire pre-season with the right players to work with and we are off to a worst start then last year. Not only that, the scariest thing of all is that we have a better team on paper, but yet we play the exact same system of long ball that has proven time and time again to be the worst system in all of football.

It is for this reason that I say Fire Carver! and keep Mo (for now). He's one CB from completing a very good team on paper, minus the coach of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Well since we are onto Leafs comparisons here it goes. Ron Wilson took a team this year who was supposed to be utter shite by all accounts and somehow got them to play some pretty good hockey at times. In fact he's so good, he managed to play us out of a shot at Tavares. You can see right now that with the right players, Ron can take this Leafs team back to the playoffs without a problem.

Carver on the other hand has never shown that he can take a bad team and make them perform up to or even better then expectations as Ron did. Instead, he has actually managed to make this team perform even worst then most people expected. This year, he's had an entire pre-season with the right players to work with and we are off to a worst start then last year. Not only that, the scariest thing of all is that we have a better team on paper, but yet we play the exact same system of long ball that has proven time and time again to be the worst system in all of football.

It is for this reason that I say Fire Carver! and keep Mo (for now). He's one CB from completing a very good team on paper, minus the coach of course.

I completely agree with this post. You see, good coaches and good managers deliver the goods right away. They don't use stupid 5 year plan excuses to cover their butts. Same thing with Brian Burke. He's a man with a plan. You can tell that by the way he has gone around doing player acquisitions and such. He was given the reigns with some severe handicaps (bloated salaries, no draft picks, poor talent etc) and already he has started to make a difference.

On the other hand, we have people like Carver and Mo who have very little history of success (if not a history of failures) and we can begin to see the pattern continue on right away. If they were proven individuals at their previous positions, I would be willing to give them all the time in the world. But with these two, I'm afraid that I honestly don't see anything worth while. Their past instills very little confidence in me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbl_D View Post
    just want to say.... to all you complainers

"ARE YOU A LEAF FAN IN DISGUISE"

year three for mo and a little over a year for carver and your on these guys... takes time to build... y've been waiting 40 freak'n years and you still watch the leafs wait at least 4 for the TFC...

I'm barfing in my breakfast reading this ... mopes

the ref'n is shit in this league... and im not just saying it in regards to TFC ... watching the sounders / chivas game the other day it was same old crap ref'n...

the sad part of this is there is too many Leaf fans in TFC colors...red and blue dont mix..this team need time to grow but too many impatient fans
    cant seem to understand this....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm willing to bet that if we have a losing record in the league by the end of the home stretch part of the Nutralite Canadian Championship (with losses to both Van and Montreal) Carver will be sacked.

Just my guess

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    I'm willing to bet that if we have a losing record in the league by the end of the home stretch part of the Nutralite Canadian Championship (with losses to both Van and Montreal) Carver will be sacked.

Just my guess
    That's a solid prediction - "if" we lose those two home games. A bit of a tall order but if it came to fruition.....wow, would this place be nuts

B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I'd stop believing in Carver and our players "if" that did happen.

For the record, I don't think this will happen...but if it did, the combination of media and supporter pressure would be too great to ignore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um....just trolling along and a question comes to mind: and puhlease do not read anything into this... Why, as people are calling for Carver's head, do we see the repeating phrase "mo would throw him under the bus"?

It seems like a mixed message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    Um....just trolling along and a question comes to mind: and puhlease do not read anything into this... Why, as people are calling for Carver's head, do we see the repeating phrase "mo would throw him under the bus"?

Quick Carver Haters, read into this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T_Mizz View Post
    Quick Carver Haters, read into this

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you asking why we want him fired and then state that "Mo will throw him under the bus ? "...if that is the question, its pretty simple. No one disputes that John is a genuine, and nice guy, but in the view of some is not doing the job. On the other hand, if Mo feels the pressure on his own job security, JC will be the fired without a doubt, regardless of whether he is the cause or not. I do not think those two opinions are in contradiction. I think those sentiments are a reflection of what some think of Mo's character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Are you asking why we want him fired and then state that "Mo will throw him under the bus ? "...if that is the question, its pretty simple. No one disputes that John is a genuine, and nice guy, but in the view of some is not doing the job. On the other hand, if Mo feels the pressure on his own job security, JC will be the fired without a doubt, regardless of whether he is the cause or not. I do not think those two opinions are in contradiction. I think those sentiments are a reflection of what some think of Mo's character.
    Also, GMs do this all the time. They fire the coach to try and save their own job and the mess they created. Not saying Mo's created a mess, I happen to think the mess is Carver but I can see how somebody would say that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I completely agree with this post. You see, good coaches and good managers deliver the goods right away. They don't use stupid 5 year plan excuses to cover their butts. Same thing with Brian Burke. He's a man with a plan. You can tell that by the way he has gone around doing player acquisitions and such. He was given the reigns with some severe handicaps (bloated salaries, no draft picks, poor talent etc) and already he has started to make a difference.

On the other hand, we have people like Carver and Mo who have very little history of success (if not a history of failures) and we can begin to see the pattern continue on right away. If they were proven individuals at their previous positions, I would be willing to give them all the time in the world. But with these two, I'm afraid that I honestly don't see anything worth while. Their past instills very little confidence in me.

Burke had his chance to succeed with the Leaf he did not...FIRE him NOW!! sound familar? Like Carver? Burke had his chance out he goes??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not on topic totally but...

I really wonder how the quote "the fans think I shouldn't play Barrett" even came to be spoken by Carver?

How would he know about the rantings of a few message boards? Why is it worth mentioning?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC fans are like a doctors office when the docs on Holiday

NO Patience!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has nothing to do with anyone's "character" - it's the standard GM - coach relationship.

Bob Gainey fired Guy Carbonneau and went behind the bench himself. It happens dozens of times every year in all sports.

Sheesh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ thats your opinion. I happen to think Mo would throw his mother under the bus if it meant a few more days on the "5 year plan" train...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Burke had his chance to succeed with the Leaf he did not...FIRE him NOW!! sound familar? Like Carver? Burke had his chance out he goes??
    Comparing a GM who has been in control of a team for 5 months to a coach has that been in control for 1.2 years. Real mature of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see, it seems as if the hierarchical structure of the Toronto FC front office has been incorrectly assumed by most, if not all of us.

Mo Johnston doesn't actually have any authority to do anything ... not totally surprising. Not to bring in a DP ... and not to axe John Carver.

I guess we didn't have to read into it ... I'm sure we would have eventually reached this conclusion in year 5 of what is quickly becoming a debacle of a franchise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ thats your opinion. I happen to think Mo would throw his mother under the bus if it meant a few more days on the "5 year plan" train...
    You've made no secret of how you fel about Mo. It clouds everything you say.

My description of the GM - coach relationship isn't an opinion it's what happens consistently in sports. When it happens at TFC (and someday it will, every coach is hired to be fired) it won't be personal, it'll have nothing to do with character, it'll be the way things work in the real world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right. I do not like Mo as a person (I must qualify that I have had limited interaction with him but that is my opinion and I am usually right about people). I also think Mo should be fired when/if JC is fired, as I hold him even more accountable than JC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, get rid of Carver and bring in someone new and watch our boys produce the same results while everyone here screams bloody murder and calls for the new coach to be canned again - and the cycle continues over and over without end and without the positive results we expect and demand. Sounds like a smart plan to me, folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right. I do not like Mo as a person (I must qualify that I have had limited interaction with him but that is my opinion and I am usually right about people). I also think Mo should be fired when/if JC is fired, as I hold him even more accountable than JC.
    yep me to I like mojo but as a gm he is not up to the job

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know everyone is pissed that we lost last night
    but calling for carver's head is a bit much
    we are supposed to be supporters

i am sure the whole team was disappointed too
    in case you didnt watch the same game i did
    the boys fought back from a 2 goal deficite only to get ripped off by a poor call
    in the last few minutes - but a hand ball in the box is a penalty
    thats football
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can't even string three passes together?

Ok.

This is not simply about one result. This is about a trend of entropic play that shows no signs of improvement.

Issues that we were dealing with last year are still painfully present.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I appreciate your honesty and your qualifier of "usually right about people."

Me, I'm usually wrong .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by napoli73 View Post
    I think they need to get back to basics...too much messing around with technology for fitness and game reviewing....they need to be on the pitch with a ball and pylons, and by pylons i don't mean the players.
    Totally agree. All that high-tech wizardry hasn't done shit for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alan Pardew is looking for a job right now