Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Today's News,Saturday, Apr.18

Barrett looking to end drought
    TFC forward is fitter than last season, coach says, but has yet to score
    PAUL ATTFIELD

TORONTO -- "Hopefully, next game ma'am," was Ian Wright's reply when Her Majesty asked the former Arsenal striker when he would finally score for England - and he dutifully delivered on that prediction to end an eight-match drought.
    Luckily for Chad Barrett, the Queen is not a Toronto FC supporter, one presumes, and with his own goalless streak standing at four games and counting, the forward seems unfazed by the weight of expectation that comes with the position.

Read More

Carver uses video show to express work ethic
    Coach urges players to kick it like `blue-collar' Fulham over next week
    Daniel Girard

Facing their busiest week of the season, Toronto FC coach John Carver is challenging his side to play a more "blue-collar" style.
    While confident in the depth of talent, Carver said he has stressed to his players that that's not enough. They also need to make sure they out-work their opponents.
    To illustrate his point, yesterday he showed them a video of last Sunday's English Premier League game in which Fulham with its "blue-collar players who work hard" went on the road and defeated Manchester City, "who have all the flair and all the big-priced players," 3-1.

Read More

Plenty of work awaits TFC
    By STEVE BUFFERY,

Toronto FC coach John Carver figures the only way his side is going to have success in the gruelling week ahead is by having everyone pull in the same direction.
    And to get that message across, the coach sat his players down prior to yesterday's practice at BMO Field and screened the Premier League game between Manchester City and Fulham from last Sunday, a 3-1 Fulham victory.

Read More

Hart takes over as interim Canadian soccer coach

The Canadian Soccer Association on Friday named Stephen Hart as interim coach of the Canadian men's soccer team for the remainder of 2009.
    Hart, the CSA's technical director, will be in charge of the Canadian team starting with a May 30 friendly against Cyprus and for this summer's CONCACAF Gold Cup.
    Hart takes over the coaching reins from Dale Mitchell, who was fired by the CSA on March 27.

Read More

Interim annoyance
    Ryan Johnston

To be honest, the story surrounding the naming of a new men's national team coach could have been written on Thursday when the Canadian Soccer Association sent out a press release alluding to Friday's teleconference.

I am not saying I am Kreskin, I am saying the CSA is predictable.

I also cannot speak for everyone who dialed in to hear the details of the announcement, but I am going to make an educated guess that nobody was surprised when the attendee list was announced and Stephen Hart's name was called alongside Dr. Dominique Maestracci, Peter Montopoli and the moderators.

Read More

SUNSHINE
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good sign when weekend starts with "Sunshine" like this.
    Hopefully it will finish with 3 points for TFC.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8am on Twitter:

PaulbeirneUpdate on booking friendly matches: it ain't friendly at all. It's like fitting a square peg in a round hole. By strangely fun.36 minutes ago from Tweetie
    Care to elaborate Paul?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont worry Paul, I have a solution for you. Why dont you give us our money back and we will take this problem off your shoulders.

And I dont know what to CSA about the CSA selection...I do not have anything against Hart but we were there before...so now what ? He is interim again for all of 2009 as well ? lol...glad you gave us a timeline. Someone at CSA does not want to pay twice I guess (Dale and his replacement)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am with you, this is underlwhelming, had Hart been allowed to continue with the team I would have liked that, but calling him that is underwhelming. I am not angry, I happy for him, but I was hoping for more.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Dont worry Paul, I have a solution for you. Why dont you give us our money back and we will take this problem off your shoulders.
    That's definitely a solution I have no problem with.
    Or maybe TFC can work a deal with the CSA and have those tickets turn into tix for the next CMNT game at BMO.
    Oh wait, the CMNT only plays in Canada once every 7 years...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Carver pointing to Fullham, it is a good squad for us to emulate.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...m-taylor-villa

Good article from the guardian, and the comments are well worth reading as well. makes me think of Chad Barrett's current torments.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I like Carver pointing to Fullham, it is a good squad for us to emulate.
    If every other team in the league had more money and more supporters I'd agree with this. They're a hard working underdog when they face the upper half of the table.

Do we really have to be the hardworking underdog though? Surely that should be the Crew's role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...m-taylor-villa

Good article from the guardian, and the comments are well worth reading as well. makes me think of Chad Barrett's current torments.
    That's why Barrett hesitates and misses. He's checking to see that no exotic butterflies have landed on the ball.