Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vilerichard View Post
    It's exactly that sort of attitude that makes 127 a little hard to take for some people. I would think that a more conciliatory approach would win over the rest of the section, but that's obviously not going to be the case. This "like it or lump it" line of reasoning doesn't really do much for creating a section where everyone can get on the same page -- especially for folks who have been there since the beginning (before the suits redesignated the section).

I don't think that attitiude is specific to 127, but besides that, by now people should know what is a supporters' section, and what goes on there, and what isn't......we go 100% to support our team every game, and it is frustrating to see that people are unwilling/can't be bothered to participate, especially when they know what to expect in a supporters section......we've actually had a couple of people raise concerns IN PERSON after the first game and it got settled quickly.....I think that approach works better as opposed to whining on a message board.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vergilg View Post
    So, here in Ottawa we are still debating the whole MLS issue, and Lee Versage from the Team 1200 says it's great to go to TFC games at BMO, it's an event.

What bugged me is how he portrayed some, and sometimes all, of the fans.

• he said the fans sing the Dichio song in the "24th" minute, which I've tried to correct him on
    • he said he's been to games with season ticket holders who couldn't name 4 players from the team
    • he said the supporters sections (RPB, NEE, etc.) don't even CARE about the score or what's going on the field... they just follow the guy with the megaphone and chant all game, oblivious to what is going on in the game
    It irked me a little because the games I've been too I see fans following every little move on the field and react accordingly. And he's making it sound like the supporters are just out there for themselves.

If you want to drop Lee a line feel free at: overtheedge@team1200.com

He'll never learn that Dichio scored in the 21st minute.
    And Lee Versage knows soccer how? I have never heard much regarding soccer from Team 1200. They are just too hockey and "all things NFL" centric. They would always choose Jim Rhome over anything to do with the Canadian National Soccer teams or the Nutralite Championship.

He has been to games with season ticket holders? Who are they?
    Not every STH is going to know much about the team or follow it closely.
    Many STH get tickets from corporate plans as a perk and not because they are passionate about the sport.

Ever watch an NHL hockey game on TV?
    There are often fans paying little to no attention to the game &/or the sport. Some are there to get loaded and be goofs... same as in all sporting venues.

Ottawa has not seen anything like a supporters group in any of their sports since the South Enders at Landsdowne lost the CFL franchise over 15 years ago. And that one was most certainly alcohol fueled!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gross exaggeration on the part of the media to get a response? Never heard of it.

The first 2 points have merit. The last is ridculous as is anyone believing that the supporters don't care what's happening on the field. This just leads us down the "I'm a better fan than you" road based on how you watch a game.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He'll never learn that Dichio scored in the 21st minute.
    LOL - you may want to edit that.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha