Panic won't solve Reds' woes
TFC has to find a way to become as good as the sum of its parts
By BILL LANKHOF,

This is Toronto. Just call it Panic City where, from season to season, sports teams and their fans lurch from one train wreck, to impending disaster, to calamity.
The latest disappointment to happen has been the soccer team. After two expansion seasons of being unreservedly adored -- win or mostly lose -- voices of discontent are growing louder.
One game into their Major League Soccer season, after a road win, the cock-eyed optimists had Toronto FC ticketed as the best thing to happen to soccer since the invention of short pants.

Read More

TFC striker works to end slump
Daniel Girard

Chad Barrett feels the heat.
The Toronto FC striker, who led the team with nine goals last year, has yet to find the back of the net through four games this season.
"This is not one of my good stretches," Barrett, a 23-year-old in his fifth Major League Soccer season, said yesterday. "It's going to take a goal to get out of it.
"I've got to keep playing as hard as I've been playing and I'll get my chances," he said.
Getting the chances was not the problem in Toronto's 1-1 draw with Dallas last Saturday. Finishing was.

Read More

Staying positive
Gerry Dobson

It's another cold and blustery start to Toronto FC's week of training at BMO Field in the lead up to Sunday's return engagement in Dallas.

At least the advantage of a Sunday game means the Reds are able to enjoy three straight days of solid work before a day off on Thursday; that is if you can call two hours in gale force winds under slate grey skies enjoyable. Toques and gloves were the order of the day.

Read More

Academy players head to Mexico
Cyprus, Samain, Lao, McNicoll and Maheu selected

Five members of TFC Academy have been selected to represent Canada at the 2009 CONCACAF Under 17 Championships in Tijuana, Mexico. Goalkeeper Garrett Cyprus, defender Feras Samain, midfielders Jonathan Lao and Brennan McNicoll and forward Justin Maheu are all heading to the tournament.

Read More

SUNSHINE